Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Activist may have killed 90 bunnies in “rescue”

Featured Posts

AndyDWUW

You need to fix the system, the political system, create a movement, in order to make change.

saving rabbits from 1 damn farm isn’t gonna heal the world hunty

PartySick
40 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

A mess... if you’re going to break laws & steal animals then you better have the money to provide food, shelter & care for these animals. You can’t just release them into the wild when they didn’t grow up in the wild. They’ll starve. I just can’t get behind “activists” like this... I’m all for saving animals from sh*tty a** farms where they torture them but not like this.

People don't seem to understand that captive animals can't be released. It's like that whole Blackfish thing with Sea World. If they released their whales into the ocean, they'd be dead in weeks :saladga: you might as well fight for better conditions for captive animals and appreciate the education a lot of kids and adults get thanks to them.

I identify as Michael Jackson. My pronouns are he/hee.
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

uo111
50 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Doubt they’d have their spines broken in a commotion though. The fate of these rabbits was sealed. It’s unfortunate but it’s reality. This girl didn’t actually do anything to save them and judging from her quick posts to social media her objective was to gain attention, not free them. The title is fitting.

Of course it wasn't to save them (at least not as pets). It was to draw attention to the fact that there are farms with 3000 rabbits packed together and the threshold to kill them is basically nothing. If we ever realize the horrors of factory farming, there will be no way to save all the animals unfortunately. The only people who are delusional enough to think that, eat meat. :shrug: All we would be able to do is to prevent future suffering.

LateToCult
1 minute ago, uo111 said:

Of course it wasn't to save them (at least not as pets). It was to draw attention to the fact that there are farms with 3000 rabbits packed together and the threshold to kill them is basically nothing. If we ever realize the horrors of factory farming, there will be no way to save all the animals unfortunately. The only people who are delusional enough to think that, eat meat. :shrug: All we would be able to do is to prevent future suffering.

By causing a mess, lying about getting shot at, and posting it for the world to see she pretty much caused the public to look down even more on activists. You’re kidding yourself if you think this girl wanted anything more than praise from the internet.

• Like 1

uo111
Just now, LateToCult said:

By causing a mess, lying about getting shot at, and posting it for the world to see she pretty much caused the public to look down even more on activists. You’re kidding yourself if you think this girl wanted anything more than praise from the internet.

A mess? You mean horrific conditions leading to the death of rabbits? O wait, that was the farm not her.

The window was broken by something, they probably did think they were shot at. In America, it wouldn't be surprising.

Posting it.... is bad how?

Look, I get that people who don't care about animal rights will always hate animal rights activist. But your bias... girl it's toooo much.

Adakam

Activists like that hurt the reputation and credibility of all real activists. People like that hurt the cause a lot.

LateToCult
1 minute ago, uo111 said:

A mess? You mean horrific conditions leading to the death of rabbits? O wait, that was the farm not her.

The window was broken by something, they probably did think they were shot at. In America, it wouldn't be surprising.

Posting it.... is bad how?

Look, I get that people who don't care about animal rights will always hate animal rights activist. But your bias... girl it's toooo much.

Yes a mess. Her team of idiots ended up inflicting even more cruelty to the animals without even ensuring a better life for the ones left behind. The ones that they did make away with have a high chance of dying soon because of the high stress they underwent and the rapid change in environment. 

Nobody is going to mistake a blunt object for a bullet. 

And how is it bad that they posted it? Look up the headlines. The story has been widely picked up by right leaning news sources that are spinning this as “activist kill 100 animals.” What good has that done?

• Like 1

JusKeepBreathin

Why are vegan activists such terrible people?mischievous parks and recreation GIF by HULU

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Economy
14 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Why are vegan activists such terrible people?mischievous parks and recreation GIF by HULU

Because they are SJWs

also they are almost as bad as Peta tbh

a lot of activists have a tendency to go to extremes that end up causing more harm than good. Its not just animal activists, activists for almost everything have that issue

when u get super passionate about something theres a tendency to loose the ability to see any other point of view or a big picture. U start to have a tunnel vision that sees only that issue ur fighting for and u become numb to everything else also at play

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mistress Dita

She shocked they shot at her... she literally broke into someone’s property and stole their animals wtf

the Devil of Pop

I guarantee the 16 rabbits she took will die  nearly immediately of stress and being cared for improperly

Did you guys know that 99% of the animals left at PETA headquarters are euthanized?

DId you know that animal activists will arrive at dog shows and unleash and uncrate people's pet dogs and chase them into the highway for "freedom"?

Edited by the Devil of Pop
How can I protect something so perfect without evil?

the Devil of Pop
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

Basically this story sums up the US military :madge:

Good analogy... wow this really made me think :oprah: We think we are swooping into developing nations to "save" people from their own culture, but all we do is cause chaos and wreck the lives of whoever our military manages to grab. Democracy will work in a war-torn dust bowl!! Duh!!!

Edited by the Devil of Pop
How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • Like 1

Economy
13 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

Good analogy... wow this really made me think :oprah: We think we are swooping into developing nations to "save" people from their own culture, but all we do is cause chaos and wreck the lives of whoever our military manages to grab. Democracy will work in a war-torn dust bowl!! Duh!!!

In the modern globalized world online ads for population or trade or other diplomatic pressure for governments can be used to try to influence cultural change. But physically going in to try to force it rarely works and just does more harm than good tbh

war never solves anything. It does more harm than good

im not saying dont have some military for self defence or that theres never instances where force may be required. Imagine if we didnt stop hitler?

but 90% of the time military i think is used poorly tbh. Theres many times it shouldnt even be used period for certain things 

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1