💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Matt Reeves Eyeing POC Actress For Catwoman In Robert Pattinson’s ‘Batman’

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Fingerella

They should make Batman an asian billionaire tbh to piss off people and gain a huge amount of interest 

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

I don’t think you actually read my comment... I literally said cat woman was already portrayed by Halle Berry, a woman of color. I have no issue with race bending, I was defending the fact that they should be writing & creating poc characters that are just as complex as the white characters instead of race bending other characters because poc’s deserve their own iconic original characters of their own... like how did you not comprehend what I said lmfaooo I’m done with the internet for tonight 🤦🏻‍♀️

Nah, I get that more original POC characters should be created. I just don't really see Catwoman as a "white character" (unless a fictional character is like...specifically Yoruba or Japanese or French and that part of their ethnicity plays a huge part of their characterization...I feel like fictional characters can be any race even if they were originally portrayed as white and I think race bending/race blind casting creates good progress).

I will say I don't think it's fair to cast a light skinned Black woman or Latina as the girlfriend of a superhero, give them 15 minutes of screen time, and act like that's some huge step for diversity when they can cast a POC or WOC as a main character or a superhero. It's not fair, and WOC and POC deserve better than that weak attempt at being woke.

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, Fingerella said:

They should make Batman an asian billionaire tbh to piss off people and gain a huge amount of interest 

Marvel keeps trying to get that box office $ in China. Kind of surprised that DC isn't doing the same and casting a big name Chinese actor, one who can pull of an American accent, as Bruce Wayne.

beaublue
9 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Nah, I get that more original POC characters should be created. I just don't really see Catwoman as a "white character" (unless a fictional character is like...specifically Yoruba or Japanese or French and that part of their ethnicity plays a huge part of their characterization...I feel like fictional characters can be any race even if they were originally portrayed as white and I think race bending/race blind casting creates good progress).

I will say I don't think it's fair to cast a light skinned Black woman or Latina as the girlfriend of a superhero, give them 15 minutes of screen time, and act like that's some huge step for diversity when they can cast a POC or WOC as a main character or a superhero. It's not fair, and WOC and POC deserve better than that weak attempt at being woke.

I just feel that race bending can often times end up undermining them. & yes I agree with the 15 minute girl friend character but it’s women in general they do that to, not just poc female characters.

jacs vs looser

The thing that bothers me about this news is learning that this new batman movie will, AGAIN feature catwoman.

We already had an amazing catwoman with Michelle Pfeiffer, and a perfect Catwoman + Batman convo with Anne Hathaway and Christian Bale. We even already had a POC catwoman, a terrible one yeah, but it's also been done.

There are so many, and I do mean this: SO MANY other Batman villians that we deserve to see on the big screen ... I'm 100% not here for this.

I've been keeping up with this, and they're supposed to have a fair amount of villains in this; at least six or so. This film will see Batman in more of a detective role than has ever been seen in live action, and Catwoman is actually a pretty great informant. It'll be fine, @jacs vs looser. Batman will be tracking villains down, trying to get information on the larger picture of what's happening through the course of the film.

And besides, I don't even count Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. They couldn't even actually call her "Catwoman" because of Nolan's realistic tone, which I still hate to this day. She could have been any kind of common femme fatale. She didn't even have a whip for God's sake. The last proper Catwoman we got on the big screen was Michelle Pfeiffer's in Batman Returns.

Anyway, it doesn't even pay to throw names out. I just hope they select someone who's a great talent who would be able to disappear into the role. Preferably someone who isn't too high profile. They need to take a risk like they did with Christian Bale as Batman and Heath Ledger as Joker.

ChromaticaPunk
3 hours ago, LilyLark said:

There's no reason Spiderman couldn't have been Miles Morales instead of the millionth film with a white boy Peter Parker

have you seen into the spider-verse or did i time travel to 2017?

LilyLark
9 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

have you seen into the spider-verse or did i time travel to 2017?

I love Into the Spider-Verse, but there's no reason there couldn't have been a live action version of Miles Morales, too.

Musicisfreedom

I think diversity is needed in movies, but it feels really forced to specifically search for someone of a certain race when the character doesn't necessarily call for it. It seems like they are trying to be diverse for all the wrong reasons. I wouldn't watch it either way (I hate superhero movies), and think it'd be great to see a WOC casted as Catwoman but under these circumstances it just feels forced and not genuine at all

Bitch I'm Madonna

5 hours ago, LilyLark said:

It's a comic book. It's not like Catwoman is a real life white lady like Eleanor Roosevelt. Comic book casting, like 99% of film casting, should be race blind imo—it doesn't matter if it's Latino/a, Black, Asian...anyone can play a character. And Catwoman has been portrayed by Eartha Kitt and  Halle Berry.

Then why people were upset when Scarlett Johansson was in Ghost In A Shell

ZiggyZiggs
7 hours ago, alp0707 said:

Then why people were upset when Scarlett Johansson was in Ghost In A Shell

Because she played a Japanese woman in the movie lmfao Japanese name and all, early tests even altered her appearance to make her look more asian, the situations are not comparable plsss

Archived