Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Opinions on Howard Stern?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

RAMROD

He is intellegent and funny, he is doing his job excellently. That is what he is to me.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I dont have a problem with Howard, yes he says racist, sexist, inappropriate stuff most of the time and at times u let it go cause it's part of his 'act' but other times it's way too much. I think he takes it waaaay too far sometimes and it's insensitive and not okay.

For example this moment where he made an insensitive comment and made someone cry it just broke my heart :

So idk how I feel about him 

Katy is such a nice person.  :heart:  She was 23 at the time of this interview.  She performed I Kissed A Girl.

I live outside the space time continuum.

I've always thought he was creepy and far too innapropriate.

I think he is really great at what he does and he always gets really honest and open interviews as a result, but the creepiness puts me off.

JusKeepBreathin

Was he any different with Gaga?  I'm confused. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Sanne Godijn
1 hour ago, kyanewest said:

I dont have a problem with Howard, yes he says racist, sexist, inappropriate stuff most of the time and at times u let it go cause it's part of his 'act' but other times it's way too much. I think he takes it waaaay too far sometimes and it's insensitive and not okay.

For example this moment where he made an insensitive comment and made someone cry it just broke my heart :

So idk how I feel about him 

I know this is of topic but am i the only one who thinks that mirror The man in the red sweater has a very pleasant voice 

I have a hard time with Howard. He’s a shock jock; that’s his job. His job is to be insane and crass and awful (though he’s mellowed substantially now that he’s on satellite radio). I get all of that, but I do find it a bit much. I also think he’s just a very frank person and talks very openly about things which can put some people off even when the conversation isn’t grotesque like the one you linked here. I guess it’s difficult for me because it is gross and uncomfortable but knowing that he’s not very intentional about it and just saying it makes me feel more unsure about it.

Appropriate? No. My taste? Nope. But being his job and act muddies the waters a bit. I hate his act, I don’t know him.

andreas85

Howard Stern is kind of a guy who jacks off to his own reflection. He is a self-centered, narcissistic egomaniac, and a sociopath. I've never watched his show excluding some short clips because it's irrelevant and a monumental waste of time.

StrawberryBlond

I'd never seen this clip before. I watched it and my mouth dropped open. I had no idea. I knew he'd said things like this in the past but usually only to p*rnstars and even then, I still don't think he was that forward or explicit. She was so uncomfortable, nervous laughter and all. Katy had to deal with everyone just focusing on her breasts at the beginning and unnecessarily drawing attention to them (which she also partook in but then, maybe her label encouraged that) and I feel really bad for her regarding that. Making it as a woman in this industry is so hard and often, you get treated like crap. I really don't care that this is part of Howard's brand. Sexism and objectification should never be a brand or normalised or in any way validated. Granted, he can be really funny when he goes on a real tirade about a celebrity who deserves everything they get but when he talks to most women, he reverts to just focusing on their looks and being inappropriate in a way that is cringe-inducing awful and often times, makes the women looks stupid. Gaga knew how to deal with him and he knew she was a different kind of woman who wouldn't stand for his nonsense and just respected her for that. It's a shame that a lot of women on his show don't seem to realise they have that choice. Yes, how his show has escaped criticism in the era of MeToo is beyond me.

xoxo Craig
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'd never seen this clip before. I watched it and my mouth dropped open. I had no idea. I knew he'd said things like this in the past but usually only to p*rnstars and even then, I still don't think he was that forward or explicit. She was so uncomfortable, nervous laughter and all. Katy had to deal with everyone just focusing on her breasts at the beginning and unnecessarily drawing attention to them (which she also partook in but then, maybe her label encouraged that) and I feel really bad for her regarding that. Making it as a woman in this industry is so hard and often, you get treated like crap. I really don't care that this is part of Howard's brand. Sexism and objectification should never be a brand or normalised or in any way validated. Granted, he can be really funny when he goes on a real tirade about a celebrity who deserves everything they get but when he talks to most women, he reverts to just focusing on their looks and being inappropriate in a way that is cringe-inducing awful and often times, makes the women looks stupid. Gaga knew how to deal with him and he knew she was a different kind of woman who wouldn't stand for his nonsense and just respected her for that. It's a shame that a lot of women on his show don't seem to realise they have that choice. Yes, how his show has escaped criticism in the era of MeToo is beyond me.

Prior to today, I hadn't seen the clip before either. I was on Twitter and a friend retweeted it... and same as you, my mouth dropped. ESPECIALLY towards the end of the video when he goes into details about how he would make Katy go on all fours as this is what he does with his clients.  

I think like Katy had no intention of being sexual since she wore an oversized sweater... it was only once Howard mentioned her breasts things went south. Katy even said "I'm here to talk about my music" but still the sexualisation continued. Its almost like she was pressured into it. This was when she debuted and Howard took full advantage of that

End Racism Now

Itsbrenda
9 hours ago, LVbuttondown said:

Yeah he can seem like a total asshole but I think it is more of an act and "his brand" than him actually being a creep. He is actually very good at interviewing people and sometimes being super blunt and even pushy with people is just how he operates and is what makes him stand out as a radio guy.

Wtf

Archived