đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Perfect Illusion is a great lead single

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Joshie S

I love Perfect Illusion and everything it represents, and I'm glad they ended up choosing it for the lead. To me, it was a nice introduction to the album.

I guess the fans just didn't understand the story.. which is sad. Sure, A-YO may have been a better option (I'm sure Gaga was obviously even pushing for it for second single, may have even wanted it as the first)

I think as time goes on fans start to appreciate her art more, so with PI we will see but it's a ****ing good song and you cannot tell me otherwise.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AJRocketMan

I love Perfect Illusion too and I do think it was a great single... in theory. My only problem with it is the vocals. I always cringe when the key change arrives!

1 hour ago, Joshie S said:

I love Perfect Illusion and everything it represents, and I'm glad they ended up choosing it for the lead. To me, it was a nice introduction to the album.

I guess the fans just didn't understand the story.. which is sad. Sure, A-YO may have been a better option (I'm sure Gaga was obviously even pushing for it for second single, may have even wanted it as the first)

I think as time goes on fans start to appreciate her art more, so with PI we will see but it's a ****ing good song and you cannot tell me otherwise.

I think it’s a great song! It just doesn’t really give you a hint to the album’s sound other than it being more analog which is a pretty broad brush lol A-YO really would have been better and it’s honestly shocking that it wasn’t picked to be the lead when it so clearly fits on pop radio *and* Gaga loved it. She seemed largely indifferent to PI which is probably because it wasn’t really her song anyway...

Inferno

It wasn't a good lead single nor is it a great song. Sometime this past year y'all got super delusional and decided to flip your scripts and pretend that PI is an underrated gem and I'm personally bothered by that LOL it was generally disliked by this fanbase and of course the GP beforehand with reason. It has great intent, I like the story behind it. But the way Gaga transformed the song from Kevin's demo is ass. Truly sorry to say that but it is what it is.

Idk if this long wait for new music has y'all tripping and having sat with Joanne this long you've gotten some fan equivalent to stockholm syndrome or something where you've convinced yourselves its low-key iconic to be contrary but, I'm like...idek

EDiT: imo Joanne or Million Reasons should have been the lead. Start em off with a ballad. Joanne (title track) represented something new for her done well and had it gotten lead single treatment I think it's full potential would have been realized and the warmth and sentimentality behind it would have been received really well.

Marilyn MonHoe
22 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

gaga thoughts GIF

The way everybody was putting Joanne’s hat on gifs, memes and their avatars here had me rolling back then :sharon:

RochestrMonstr

It’s definitely a great song! And it probably could have done at least better than it did if it received promotion. It got like none. 

But I think she should have just put out Million Reasons first. Or A-Yo or possibly even Diamond Heart but I don’t think PI was a good choice.

Mister Gaga

Clearly not. It doesn't represent the album at all, it's annoying to the GP, it flopped into oblivion...A-YO should have been the lead.

Rudz Xinc
23 hours ago, Blackout19 said:

I really love the song. Its one of my favorite from Gaga.

Whem the song was out.. to be honest, I wasn't sure that I will love it so much. But after 3-6-9 listenings I was.. thats it.

The beat and the lyrics are just perfect.  :firega:

Sure Joanne, If you say so :oops:

Look at those clowns

Chromaticunt
23 hours ago, t e a said:

i like PI, but i vividly remember that whenever it was on the radio, one of my then-colleagues always said, “don’t yell, lady gaga!” :selena: 

All three times? :selena:

crisTEAne
1 hour ago, ThatBinch said:

All three times? :selena:

idk, maybe my memories are making me delusional, but i think PI was played quite extensively on hungarian radios :selena: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

ANTI WP
23 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

yes and i am straight :laughga:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51afc4469cbf24ecba8b6

What it has to do with this thread ?? 

Archived