2.  Million Reasons

3. John Wayne

Promo single: Joanne

(4. Dancin' In Circles)

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I f*cking love perfect illusion but it definitely wasn't lead single material. 

The lead single should have been Joanne tbh as it's the most important part of the record and does a great job at summarizing the era. Other lead single choices should have been either diamond heart or million reasons. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

JohnWayne92

If the album was more Perfect Illusion and Diamond Heart, absolutely.

I think A-Yo should have been the lead single

Million Reasons as 2nd single

John Wanye as 3rd 

Then Perfect Illusion could have had a better chance. John Wayne is similar in its loudness, which would have had the GP more accustomed to it, IMO 

Then ended with the cute Joanne to snatch up the Grammys 

50 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Well that's cool, the song still doesn't represent the album (which should be a lead single's "job") and wasn't single material at all for an album like Joanne. :lana:

Taylor released Me! And it's a great lead single, even if it doesn't completely represent the album :triggered:

ear condom

My perspective Only a minority of people want to see Lady Gaga sing more country/dance rock stuff

I think PI is a great song; but of course anything that doesn't sound like the classic crowd-pleasing 2008 sexy-dance-pop Lady Gaga will eventually flop  (Joanne , Cheek to cheek, even ARTPOP to some degree) 

So, to me, PI being a lead single or not doesn't matter very much , sadly ......

Maybe Ayo would have been the best alternative commercially speaking? because it's catchy, and a catchy country Lady Gaga  is probably more acceptable for the mass than a maudlin country Lady Gaga (Joanne / Million reasons). 

Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

gaga thoughts GIF

I'm serious, it's one of my faves off the Lover album :poot: :ladyhaha:

MaryJaneHolland
13 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Taylor released Me! And it's a great lead single, even if it doesn't completely represent the album :triggered:

It definitely represents the bubblegum sound of the album

Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

It definitely represents the bubblegum sound of the album

Well yeah I guess :laughga:

27monster27

Although it isn't very radio friendly, I like it because it is very high energy, which I find to be good for a Lady Gaga lead single.

he/him/his

Isidro Guevara

1. A-Yo 

2. Perfect Illusion 

3. Million Reasons

BAM! Three smashes in the basket!:trollga:

I'll WRECK U right Up...G.U.Y.!!!🌋💥

PaperRings

September 2016 was interesting. Back then, I followed a ton of "insider" accounts that gave pretty solid information. By all accounts, I thought we were getting a disco album. So when P.I. was released, I was too shook to form an actual opinion. :saladga:  The lyrics hit a little to close to home; I wasn't in a great place then. 

I love it now, but I think Diamond Heart would have been such a cool choice to start the era. :firega:

Archived