Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Perfect Illusion is a great lead single

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Blackout19

I really love the song. Its one of my favorite from Gaga.

Whem the song was out.. to be honest, I wasn't sure that I will love it so much. But after 3-6-9 listenings I was.. thats it.

The beat and the lyrics are just perfect.  :firega:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, Blackout19 said:

I really love the song. Its one of my favorite from Gaga.

Well that's cool, the song still doesn't represent the album (which should be a lead single's "job") and wasn't single material at all for an album like Joanne. :lana:

BleepBloop

Yeah, it's one of my all-time favorites of hers. But it's true, it (sadly) didn't represent the Era at all

AndiGaga
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

the song still doesn't represent the album

Facts

PI is in My Top 5 Gaga songs, her most powerful song, love the energy

Nikolai Barrow

Love the song so much. So underappreciated. Sure it "flopped" but I think she earned street cred of sorts coming back with a song that no one would have expected to do well commercially in the music landscape of the time. Proved she wasn't just chasing trends and numbers. Music not the bling truly. 

BloodyM

It's one of Gagas' most iconic songs to date, but it was too 'rock' for the GP. Bet it would have charted differently if it was more electro pop. 

Saying that I wish we had more songs like it on Joanne!

Suspiria

Being a good song or a song you like doesn't make it a good lead single.

The lead single should essentially be the main promo for the album and encourage people to buy the whole thing. PI didn't represent the album at all and flopped horribly because it clearly wasn't to the GP's taste, and therefore did not encourage people to listen to the album at all.

Top 4 in my Joanne favorites. I think a lot of people disliked it because it doesn't really feel like a typical Gaga lead single and it was extremely different from what she had released before

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

Being a good song or a song you like doesn't make it a good lead single.

The lead single should essentially be the main promo for the album and encourage people to buy the whole thing. PI didn't represent the album at all and flopped horribly because it clearly wasn't to the GP's taste, and therefore did not encourage people to listen to the album at all.

14 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Well that's cool, the song still doesn't represent the album (which should be a lead single's "job") and wasn't single material at all for an album like Joanne. :lana:

This. 

It's a great song imo, but not lead single material.

crisTEAne

i like PI, but i vividly remember that whenever it was on the radio, one of my then-colleagues always said, “don’t yell, lady gaga!” :selena: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

lifeasgeorge

Perfect Illusion should have just been a fan favorite, not a lead single. I still think AYO could have smashed as a lead and could have had such a fun crazy cowgirl video :messga:

live and let live

Archived