💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madame X Tour Bans Phones

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

derpmonster
59 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Even Gaga usually says "Put your f***ing phones down!" During her shows.

She really doesn't :huntyga:

I've seen her live a few times and every time she says "record this!"

At the beginning of Enigma, a pre-recorded clip says, "Before we begin, turn all your electronic and recording devices ON." At the end, "You may now turn your recording devices off."

She's smart enough to realize phones mean more people get to see her perform aka more people want to see her live because she's confident they'll like it enough to want to see it.

I'm a person who doesn't record most of it - I like to stay in the moment - partly because I know many more people are recording it and it won't be lost.

Imagine if the JWT was lost forever. Footage of her belting a G lost forever :saladga:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people are worried about seeing the tour, then they don’t realize she always releases a DVD and album by the end of each tour!

I’m kind of on the borderline about this idea. I love how it forces the audience to be in the moment rather than watch the performance through their screens, but at the same time people should have a right to access their own phones during a show, regardless of respect. Also how am I going to know what happens other than word of mouth :madge:

1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

Making fun of Madonna for her age and labeling her as “grandma” is extremely sexist and anachronistic, and shouldn’t be tolerated in modern society and especially not GGD (I’m looking at you @Altair). And besides, it’s pointless—you know people are going to be saying the same thing about Gaga.

Anyways, I support this decision and I hope all goes well.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

If your fans are actually watching videos and considering that a substitute to seeing you live, then you're doing something wrong.

If you have stage presence, your fans will want to see you live even more after seeing the video.

It’s not about “substituting” for a live performance, it’s about people’s budgets. Do you expect me to take off work, travel to a different state, and spend a few thousand just to see Madonna? That’s not realistic. 

Also, I was watching Joanne World Tour footage while I was also waiting for my date to approach. I had no inclination to refund my purchase after watching YouTube videos. 

Married the Night

Okay but what happens if there is a shooting? People will need their phones. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

It’s not about “substituting” for a live performance, it’s about people’s budgets. Do you expect me to take off work, travel to a different state, and spend a few thousand just to see Madonna? That’s not realistic. 

Also, I was watching Joanne World Tour footage while I was also waiting for my date to approach. I had no inclination to refund my purchase after watching YouTube videos. 

That's what I'm saying...

If you can't afford it, you can't afford it, YouTube video or not.

If you can afford it and want to see it, you'll see it anyway, YouTube video or not.

Having the YouTube video of a performance doesn't change anything except it lets those who can't afford watch. Which is a good thing.

1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

That's what I'm saying...

If you can't afford it, you can't afford it, YouTube video or not.

If you can afford it and want to see it, you'll see it anyway, YouTube video or not.

Having the YouTube video of a performance doesn't change anything except it lets those who can't afford watch. Which is a good thing.

Oh I see what your saying now lol oops 

ANTI WP
1 hour ago, Altair said:

grandma still hasn't gotten in with the times... I guess this is what happens when you watch a grandma perform...

not a good move. 

Seriously ?  :excuseu:

Reported you 

KatieJudasGaga4
12 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

She really doesn't :huntyga:

During the Monster Ball 2.0, she used to say that during Telephone, but I think it was just part of the performance.

3 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

Seriously ?  :excuseu:

Reported you 

Anti WP giving WPs??? This is a reverse Modholian experience 

ANTI WP
1 minute ago, Loeppke said:

I cannot stand these kinda of word saying :omg:

He should be dealt with whatever he gets from the mods :)

LordEnigma
26 minutes ago, Dancin said:

Oh yes because you will remember the concert perfectly on detail 20 years after the event right? How dumb of me tbh

The best concert of my life (The Monster Ball), I had no smartphone cause I was 16 without one. Do I remember every specific detail? No. But do I have that memory forever? Yes. Because I was fully present and away from any distraction I was able to remember the moment.

why do you have to remember every moment to enjoy it? 

Recording it distracts you and pulls you out of the concert 🤷🏻‍♂️

ANTI WP
4 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

Yes I am ANTI WP for nice people only :trollga:

Sad for the people that won't be able to go (like me) especially since she is going to so few places.  I understand though and think it's a good move so it's not posted everywhere.  Hopefully it will be recorded and released for everyone to watch at some point.

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

The best concert of my life (The Monster Ball), I had no smartphone cause I was 16 without one. Do I remember every specific detail? No. But do I have that memory forever? Yes. Because I was fully present and away from any distraction I was able to remember the moment.

why do you have to remember every moment to enjoy it? 

Recording it distracts you and pulls you out of the concert 🤷🏻‍♂️

24 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I'm a person who doesn't record most of it - I like to stay in the moment - partly because I know many more people are recording it and it won't be lost.

Imagine if the JWT was lost forever. Footage of her belting a G lost forever :saladga:

And more - her specific ways of singing or sings she'll never perform again. We're lucky there's a Monster Ball DVD but that's not possible for every show.

Archived