💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dave Chappelle on Jussie Smollett Incident

Lilmonzter

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Makes no sense lol. Such a strawman response. It is illogical and he knows it. :ladyhaha:

Just relying on shock value at this point. 

It's a shame he was in a Gaga starring movie when Gaga stands up for gay rights and this guy is more interested in making up BS excuses to say awful slurs. 

I wonder if there is a Dave Chappelle fansite where people are talking about how disappointed they are in him for staring in a movie with an actress who go out in public in a burqa and matching clutch bejeweled with the word "c*nt."

"She's relying on shock value. Appropriation and insensitive. It's a shame Dave would do a movie with someone like that."

Isn't it strange how people who think of themselves as liberal are on the same page as fascist when it comes to telling comics, poets, and artists what words they can use?

Alexa, play Gypsy...

derpmonster
10 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I wonder if there is a Dave Chappelle fansite where people are talking about how disappointed they are in him for staring in a movie with an actress who go out in public in a burqa and matching clutch bejeweled with the word "c*nt."

"She's relying on shock value. Appropriation and insensitive. It's a shame Dave would do a movie with someone like that."

Isn't it strange how people who think of themselves as liberal are on the same page as fascist when it comes to telling comics, poets, and artists what words they can use?

Alexa, play Gypsy...

Honey, please, don't even pretend "gypsy" is close to the same as f*ggot. The former was used derogatorily in the past but doesn't have the same connotation. It now simply means nomad to most people. F*ggot has always been a disgusting word meant to shame and insult and never changed meaning. 

And guess what, I criticize Gaga too. If she used an actual horrible slur, I would hope she addresses it. What Gaga did was likely out of ignorance. What Chappelle is doing is an active choice saying "I'm going to say this awful thing and I don't care what you think, if you disagree you're a fascist." 

Show me one example where Gaga used a slur and defended it and said we should be fine using it. 

It's not fascist to ask people to have basic decency.

And it's not like half of the people supporting Chapelle wouldn't throw a fit if a white person said the N word. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

whocares
2 hours ago, Lilmonzter said:

A defence in his own words

He can say whatever he wants. But by his own logic, we can start using the n-word now with no issue. Nobody is calling him the n-word on tv. He refers to himself as such. 

6 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Honey, please, don't even pretend "gypsy" is close to the same as f*ggot. The former was used derogatorily in the past but doesn't have the same connotation. It now simply means nomad to most people. F*ggot has always been a disgusting word meant to shame and insult and never changed meaning. 

And guess what, I criticize Gaga too. If she used an actual horrible slur, I would hope she addresses it. What Gaga did was likely out of ignorance. What Chappelle is doing is an active choice saying "I'm going to say this awful thing and I don't care what you think, if you disagree you're a fascist." 

Show me one example where Gaga used a slur and defended it and said we should be fine using it. 

It's not fascist to ask people to have basic decency.

And it's not like half of the people supporting Chapelle wouldn't throw a fit if a white person said the N word. 

1. G*psy is an ethnic slur.

Romani activist discourage people from using words like "g*psy" and "g*pped," because the etymology of the word itself is offensive, and the word has been used to dehumanize them. Long after two million Roma were massacred by the Nazis, antiziganism is still an issue.

2. Your claim that, "f*ggot has always been a disgusting word meant to shame and insult and never changed meaning" is entirely factually incorrect.

F*ggot being an offensive term for homosexuals is a 20th century American invention.

The first time the word f*ggot was used in a derogatory sense was actually to describe a "worthless woman." It was a sexist term, long before it was a homophobic one. But previous to being offensive, it was innocuous.

The origins of the word f*ggots often refer to bundles of things. Bundles of twigs and wood were called f*ggots. A dish from the 1800's was called a f*ggot because it bundled the internal organs of a pig with bread crumbs. There are references to a "f*g" in the 17th century as a sub-servant boy, as well as a cigarette.

Much like g*ypsy, the word f*ggot has evolved, had several meanings, and existed on a sliding scale of offensiveness. It's important to keep that in mind when you are upset that a comic or song writer used a specific word you deem too offensive for use. :)

derpmonster
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

1. G*psy is an ethnic slur.

Romani activist discourage people from using words like "g*psy" and "g*pped," because the etymology of the word itself is offensive, and the word has been used to dehumanize them. Long after two million Roma were massacred by the Nazis, antiziganism is still an issue.

2. Your claim that, "f*ggot has always been a disgusting word meant to shame and insult and never changed meaning" is entirely factually incorrect.

F*ggot being an offensive term for homosexuals is a 20th century American invention.

The first time the word f*ggot was used in a derogatory sense was actually to describe a "worthless woman." It was a sexist term, long before it was a homophobic one. But previous to being offensive, it was innocuous.

The origins of the word f*ggots often refer to bundles of things. Bundles of twigs and wood were called f*ggots. A dish from the 1800's was called a f*ggot because it bundled the internal organs of a pig with bread crumbs. There are references to a "f*g" in the 17th century as a sub-servant boy, as well as a cigarette.

Much like g*ypsy, the word f*ggot has evolved, had several meanings, and existed on a sliding scale of offensiveness. It's important to keep that in mind when you are upset that a comic or song writer used a specific word you deem too offensive for use. :)

Except, sir, you ignored the part where Gaga likely did it out of ignorance and didn't unabashedly say that she had the right to say the word despite knowing it was a slur. 

Chappelle did. He knows it's a slur and says it should be a word they're allowed to use in that context. I know f*ggot was a collective word for sticks but for most of recent times it's been used as a slur for one group or another. I share my ethnic background with the Romani people (even though I don't identify as Romani) but it's delusional to claim that Gypsy and f*ggot are nearly at the same level presently. 

Tldr: Gaga used Gypsy to mean nomad because that is one commonly known usage of the word. Chappelle wants to use f*ggot despite "gay" being the only modern sense in which it is used. He wants to say it loudly and obnoxiously just like it's a slur in the same context in which he says the N-word. 

Every slur or offensive word isn't on the same footing. What's more offensive than others is determined by cultural and social context. You have an "all or none" philosophy with this issue which is just silly. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

19 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I know f*ggot was a collective word for sticks but for most of recent times it's been used as a slur for one group or another.

2 hours ago, derpmonster said:

F*ggot has always been a disgusting word meant to shame and insult and never changed meaning.

:)

Lilmonzter
7 hours ago, neptugne said:

He’s not gay lol I don’t agree w his reasoning 

Me neither:smh:

Sing C'est la vie 

PoshLife

A rare funny moment in an otherwise dreadful special. He came across as someone who's just bitter about the world changing around him. That he can't get away with saying hateful things, including belittling women's abuse claims and using the f-word. He comes across as such an old grouch with an axe to grind.

Put him and Jerry Seinfeld in the home where they can complain about comedians not being allowed to be comedians as much as they want without bothering the rest of us.

PoshLife
2 hours ago, SKANK said:

:)

Ah yes, the great British comedian Dave Chapelle.

...Like, are you  seriously trying to convince us that he was using that word to mean cigarettes in his special? Like he didn't know what it meant? This semantics bullsh*t is a gross distraction, nothing more, and you honest-to-God know that.

It isn't fascist to expect people not to use a word that is meant to hurt. And if you're so disgusted with Gaga for having a song called Gypsy, you can put your money where your mouth is and boycott her fansite. 

sampool
6 hours ago, derpmonster said:

Makes no sense lol. Such a strawman response. It is illogical and he knows it. :ladyhaha:

Just relying on shock value at this point. 

It's a shame he was in a Gaga starring movie when Gaga stands up for gay rights and this guy is more interested in making up BS excuses to say awful slurs. 

It’s not a Gaga movie, she just starred in it, it’s Coopers movie and he’s very close to Chappelle

thor-ragnarok-is-he-though-squint-banner

17 hours ago, PoshLife said:

Ah yes, the great British comedian Dave Chapelle.

...Like, are you  seriously trying to convince us that he was using that word to mean cigarettes in his special? Like he didn't know what it meant? This semantics bullsh*t is a gross distraction, nothing more, and you honest-to-God know that.

It isn't fascist to expect people not to use a word that is meant to hurt. And if you're so disgusted with Gaga for having a song called Gypsy, you can put your money where your mouth is and boycott her fansite. 

The user I was having a conversation with said the word f*ggots has always had the same, singular, offensive meaning. They said the meaning of the word had never changed, unlike the meaning of the word g*spy. That is incorrect. My post was explaining the etymological origins of the word f*ggot. No where in my posts was I suggesting Chappelle was using the word to reference an old British recipe which binds pig innards with bread crumbs, bundles of twigs, or cigarettes.

I also never suggested I was offended by Gaga's use of the word g*spy. Quite the opposite. I'm not offended by Gaga using the word g*psy, in spite of it being an offensive word. In the same way I am not offended by Chappelle using the word f*ggot, in spite of it being an offensive word.

Poets, song writers, comics, and all artists, should be free to use whatever words and images suit their work, whether or not it offends sensitive folks. When we start demanding artists be censored to suit our sensitives or agendas, we slip into fascist territory.

Hope that clarified your reading of my posts.  :)

Archived