Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

LGBTQ Comedians Respond to Dave Chappelle’s ‘Sticks and Stones’

Lilmonzter

Featured Posts

Dukttape

Old guy makes dated jokes in a comedy special recorded 1-2 years ago. Please alert the presses this is breaking news. PLEASE. This tomfoolery is nothing to joke about

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

Calling us the alphabet peope alone let’s you know about the level of respect or lack thereof so let’s just ignore him anyway.

Also I find American humour to not be funny because I feel it lacks... intellect with the exception of the likes of Joan Rivers.

26 minutes ago, Dukttape said:

It's called reading comprehension and most people pick it up at 7 years old

nnnnnnnnnn lmao 

You missed the OG post haha. Had a bad link that made 90% of the OP's post literal gibberish. mel b you had no idea GIF by America's Got Talent

TheQueenLG
32 minutes ago, Dukttape said:

It's called reading comprehension and most people pick it up at 7 years old

You do realize that my post was entirely satirical, right? And that when this was originally posted, it was literally full of gibberish before it was edited and fixed, right?

:fthis:

StuckInMyMind

I find that people these days are way too uptight and get offended way too easily. It’s the way I approach racism really, it wouldn’t exist if people weren’t so easily offended. I don’t take offence to any name thrown at me or any remarks regarding my sexuality, all it does is make the other person look like a complete asshole, whilst I remain not bothered. 

JevyDuty

I haven't seen it but I will.

I just have to say that the end of that article about him giving us visibility  in comedy..... I call Bull****. We are in every comedy. We have been the butt of jokes from the beginning of time. Stop.

Guillaume Hamon

When drag queens make jokes about "how many f*cking letters there are" nobody's bothered so the "alphabet people" term from a comedian being deemed mean/ disdainful etc surprise me a bit.

Apparently you really need to belong to a community to joke about it now. I wish everybody was free to make jokes about whatever they want, as long as it's not coming from a place of hate of course.

Also we talk about a dude who made fun of everyone including folks from his own communities so I don't believe it's malicious of him or coming from an actual issue he has with the LGBT community.

Nightwing

So, what's this outrage over? He's a stand up comedian. Political correctness is not what they're known for.

All groups of people have been the butt of a joke by one comedian or another.

Its comedy! Why are people taking things soo seriously?!  Dave's Netflix special is hilarious!!  Highly recomended!

TRUMP 2020

Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, DavieX said:

Its comedy! Why are people taking things soo seriously?!  Dave's Netflix special is hilarious!!  Highly recomended!

Glad to see everybody's not playing the victim card for a comedian who's just making jokes with no mean intent.

"ThAat's COmedyyyyyyyyyyyy" ( Joan Rivers voice) ;) 

StrawberryBlond

I haven't found the original joke to react to but as far as I can tell, it's no different to jokes that the LGBT community themselves haven't already made that they seem to be perfectly fine with. I don't get why someone has to be from a certain community to make a joke or have it be funny. I'm a feminist woman and I have laughed at jokes about women made by men. I've even laughed at sexist ones. Because it's all in how you tell it and what the personality behind the joke is. If the comedian makes jokes about everyone and is self-depracting into the bargain, then it's perfectly fine to laugh. Comedy has to involve someone getting hurt a little bit in order to work. For a more astute round-up of what I mean, watch this excellent editorial from Nostalgia Critic. He made this 4 years ago, just before the current wave of offence took off in 2016, so it's like he almost anticipated it. And the message is still as relevant as it was back then:

Lilmonzter
4 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Glad to see everybody's not playing the victim card for a comedian who's just making jokes with no mean intent.

"ThAat's COmedyyyyyyyyyyyy" ( Joan Rivers voice) ;) 

Remembering Joan she was such an Icon!

Queen of the gays and offensive comedy!

source.gif

A joke she did about Adele ☝️

Sing C'est la vie 

imnotyourbabe10

If done with precision and without ill-intent, comedy is one of the best forms of social commentary -- even if abrasive, irreverent or offensive.  My all time favorites are George Carlin, Joan Rivers, Lisa Lampanelli, Robin Williams, Dame Edna Everage, Dave Chappelle, Natasha Leggero, Wanda Sykes, and so on.  They throw the mirror back in our face about our lives and society at large and make us laugh at things we take too seriously or at things we do not take seriously enough.
However, people like Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfeld) went blatantly into racist comments back in 2006, not permissible at all.

beaublue
On 9/6/2019 at 1:45 AM, JFK said:

It's a low invested comedy. Please, bring something new to the table.

Although I agree that it’s bottom of the barrel comedy, I do believe comedians can joke about anything they want as long as it’s done tactfully & with intellect which I don’t feel he did...

Archived