💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

RIAA asked to investigate payola allegations

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

lifeasgeorge
27 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I fear for Ariana. God Is A Woman and Breathin’ getting so much airplay while TUN and 7 Rings were going strong smelled fishy af. At least in my local radio stations.  :madge:

I mean Ariana was at her peak then, it kinda makes sense. Her streams back up the reasoning why she was being played so much, other artists not so much :trollga:

live and let live

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult
15 minutes ago, lifeasgeorge said:

I mean Ariana was at her peak then, it kinda makes sense. Her streams back up the reasoning why she was being played so much, other artists not so much :trollga:

My radio station in particular was going overboard. Not only were they playing all her singles from Sweetener and TUN but they were also playing songs from Dangerous Woman and My Everything.  :air:

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, neptugne said:

Alessia Cara is quaking 

Are you talking about Scars to Your Beautiful? Lol

TheFame Monster
1 hour ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Did u read the article? Payola is most definitely a thing lol 

Ellie Goulding’s Close to me was no.1 on adult top 40 and no.2 on mainstream top 40 radio lmfao even though no one was checking for that song how 

And to know she's on Interscope and that's where they were throwing their money, when Shallow was Top 10 and not receiving airplay:koons:

Stephen
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

I fear for Ariana. God Is A Woman and Breathin’ getting so much airplay while TUN and 7 Rings were going strong smelled fishy af. At least in my local radio stations.  :madge:

girl ari is fine. I heard all those songs a LOT. Plus NTLTC and BUWYGF. She's GOOD. :triggered:

3 hours ago, Unbeweavable said:

Payola is literally not as much of a thing as stans make out :toofunny: 

If radio spam a big artists song, it's because that's what they know will get them listeners etc, If payola was a thing then radio wouldn't have boycotted Judas and the once accused 'payola queen' katy perry wouldn't have been struggling throughout her last album cycle and possibly even her newest :triggered:

It's a huge thing and lmao at you ignoring the real "Small Talk" payola -- they paid to have her be NUMBER ONE on Spotify's BIGGEST GLOBAL PLAYLIST. Her label knew she's struggling with radio play (her recent songs hugely dropped off from radio plays when the label stopped paying for first week plays) so they simply shifted the money from radio to streaming and clearly are spending her budget on streaming promo and music videos in a bid for streaming to pull her up the charts. 

Payola is very real and a major issue with making the industry fair and ethical.

LilyLark
2 hours ago, lifeasgeorge said:

Generally, I feel like payola is widely over blown. Also, I like Ariana and she's obviously wildly popular.

But...her tracks were getting played so much, multiple times per hour, that even a few music journalists started to imply something was weird. I don't know if it's legit, but there was also that list on twitter floating around that showed TUN being played over 40 times in one day at the same station which is fishy as h*ll. And then you have someone like Billie, who has sold around the same as TUN, and yet her tracks didn't do as well on the BB100 chart. Jonas Brothers opened with even higher numbers than the two of them, and the same thing happened. Of course, some artists are more singles artists than album artists but still...it's weird. Lastly, I wouldn't put it past Scooter tbh.

ZiggyZiggs
7 hours ago, Talenti said:

Cardi you in danger gurl!

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897c507d375cf03983d55

I think she’ll be fine , her last couple singles barely made a dent on top 40 radio

FATCAT
10 hours ago, Roger Smith said:

Katy sis you are in danger!

tbh if she's using payola she needs to find a new Provider :rip:

Purr more, hiss less.

FfFfFfFF

The amount of people I saw saying payola is just a word thrown to discredit artists and that certainly doesn't exist.. I have some specific names that seem suspect.

Archived