Melanie Martinez - K-12 Album (Out Now)

Rudz Xinc

Featured Posts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
moonboywow
12 minutes ago, come to papa said:

I mean, it sounds good, but I can't tell which track is which....

(and I LOVE CryBaby)

To me they sound different. Different but still cohesive. 

StrawberryBlond

A bit of a let-down after Cry Baby, this is a bit too conceptual and cohesive to the point where if you knew nothing about Melanie or her first project, this entire album will confuse you and will be fairly meaningless. There's definitely not as many amazing tracks this time, the only ones I truly like are Show And Tell, Teacher's Pet, High School Sweethearts and the inexplicably side-lined track, Fire Drill (that's my favourite song, why on earth was it relegated to just the movie credits? Couldn't it at least have served as a bonus track)? The first 3 songs are incredibly weak and then it evens out into something better, with the exception of the very strange Orange Juice (weirdest song about an eating disorder I've ever heard and it was Melanie wanted to write about it in the most subtle way she could). As for the film, well, the acting was pretty bad and the entire concept was very kooky and art house which isn't really my vibe. That segway into High School Sweethearts was so random, the whole Recess segment at the end went on way too long and not enough interesting stuff was happening during it. I admire her ambition and I'm interested to see where the next project leads and how much Cry Baby will have aged but I hope her sound matures a bit and stops relying too much overly obscure references to make a song out of.

Archived