Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Melanie Martinez - K-12 Album (Out Now)

Rudz Xinc

Featured Posts

Luv u Sum
46 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Yeah. That's the only negative thing about the movie. It feels like a couple of music videos combined together to become a feature film. That's why the plot is so messy.

I wish she would have invested in screenplay writers so create the script with the music. In the hands of professional writers this could have been incredible. But she wanted to do it all on her own and it's a choppy mess

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RickMonster98

It's not a mess at all, the film has some plot holes but the whole thing perfectly works. The songs are great, the visuals are stunning and so are the choreographies. This project deserves a Grammy tbh. :pray:

codymonster

Just listened to it today on the way to work and then on the way back. Haven’t had a chance to watch it yet tho.

Have to say, I really enjoy it. The music is so unique to her, and tho there are some weak songs, I can’t help but respect and find the good in them because I respect how she has created her own sound, aesthetic, and overall musical style in such a short time in the music industry. She really has created herself from the ground up.

My top songs are:

1)Wheels on the Bus: The “now imma light it up and pass it, puff puff and pass it” is such a ear worm; can’t stop singing that part in my head. It’s such a bizarre song, but sonically, I cant get enough.

2) Show and Tell: I love how she is calling out her fans, paparazzi, and basically anyone that treats her like an object or product. The “I’m on display for all you ****ers to see, harsh words if you don’t get a pic with me” is so raw and honest. I also love the “why can’t you ****ing hear me” part. Very dark and eerie. The harmonies and adlibs she does in the choruses are heavenly as well.

3) Teacher’s Pet: This one may change, but it caught me off guard because it wasn’t on my radar at all. But I love the vibe of it. Can’t say much else, it just stuck with me.

Excited to see if watching the film changes any of this for me!

11 hours ago, Luv u Sum said:

I enjoy a majority of the album. It's a nice follow up to cry baby. The one thing I really cant understand is why she would put those awful vocal effects in the song. Especially the chorus for Lunchbox Friends... it just ruins the song. 

Also it was quite the stretch to refer to this as a "feature film" it's just a visual album with some really choppy dialogue interludes that try to piece together a really messy and nonexistent plot. I was really disappointed in the movie 

I actually loved that she added those vocal effects :air:

The night sky tells all

misunderstood

Movie was great, The Principal is one of my favs 

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

misunderstood

Although in the movie I thought Nurse's Office was gonna be like this

A43AFE64-D764-451E-93EE-D1BD55257915.jpe

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Rudz Xinc
1 hour ago, misunderstood said:

Movie was great, The Principal is one of my favs 

Can't stop listening to it. It's might become my most favorite one.

Look at those clowns

Irrelevant
1 hour ago, RudzXinc said:

Can't stop listening to it. It's might become my most favorite one.

I love everything about it except the abrupt ending :triggered: she deserved a final chorus

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

PartySick

I just finished listening to the whole thing and I feel like I went to a restaurant and asked for Pepsi and they brought me room temperature RC Cola :emma:

It feels like it's trying to be Cry Baby 2.0 imo. Nothing memorable except the feeling that I wanted some songs to end sooner because they were getting annoying. Wheels on the Bus felt like it had 12 choruses :toofunny:

Nothing good visuals won't fix though. I'm hoping the movie will make me like the album :nick:

🖤

PartySick
On 9/6/2019 at 11:21 AM, Luv u Sum said:

The one thing I really cant understand is why she would put those awful vocal effects in the song. Especially the chorus for Lunchbox Friends... it just ruins the song.

Right!

They work well as part of the production (like in Soap or Angel Down), sometimes they work as background vocals, but to make them the featured lead vocals in the chorus? Huge mistake. And she did it so often.

🖤

Helxig
42 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Right!

They work well as part of the production (like in Soap or Angel Down), sometimes they work as background vocals, but to make them the featured lead vocals in the chorus? Huge mistake. And she did it so often.

I literally loved that though so I guess it's just opinion :shrug:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

PartySick
7 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I literally loved that though so I guess it's just opinion :shrug:

It definitely is :happy: I don't think it's a bad album, just annoying to me in some places.

🖤

I feel like the songwriting here is much weaker than on Crybaby. It feels like the lyrics are much more straightforward and in your face, while in Crybaby they were much more poetic and metaphoric. 

In terms of sound, it feels like an extension of Crybaby, but again, not as good.

Archived