💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Melanie Martinez - K-12 (The Film)

Ryusei

Featured Posts

Just finished the film... and I loved it! The storyline is all over the place and hard to follow at times. Everything else about it was amazing though. The choreography was IT. Melanie really did that. Overall it was a serve and a half.

The music though... :legend: She did not disappoint whatsoever with the music, and that's what matters most to me.

Teacher's Pet is hands down my favorite song (and part of the film). The bonus track (which is called Fire Drill) in the credits is a BOP and it deserved a spot on the album!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

I watched this at the movies tonight and honestly I am completely blown away :messga:   I feel so lucky to have seen it in the theatre, on the big screen, over the digital surround sound, in it's full glory.

Also,  I was not expecting something so beautiful, surreal, ethereal. So well put together and fleshed out. Melanie really, really, created something special here. I laughed, I cried, I was in awe. It's funny, it's dark, it's jaw-droppingly beautiful at times, the music is so good, the acting and choreography are so good.

I honestly still can't believe she pulled off something this amazing. She has so much talent inside that little body.

Everyone please go and give this a watch and a fair chance :ohno:  she put it on YouTube for free.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

Also when watching this y'all need to remember that Melanie herself wrote the music, co-produced it, conceptualised and wrote the film, wrote the storyboards, wrote the script, directed it, acted in it, co-edited the whole thing, scouted for the cast and locations, designed all of the clothing, designed (at least some) of the hair and makeup,  learned to dance and learned choreography, the list goes on.

She is a creative POWERHOUSE.

And she still managed to be inclusive and diverse with the casting and characters, and incorporated so many important messages effortlessly into the dialogue and visuals/narrative.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

arrtpop

despite the plot holes and some unfinished storylines, this movie is great. i don’t have a song i don’t like. i really loved this project

aphrodite

Ok i didn't even get to the first track yet but why am i having deja vus :saladga:

the gaped teeth thing, that's what i was bullied for in school :duck: 

i eventually decided to keep them this way :huntyga: so go me and melanie... and madonna :party:

ice heard one side from above

Ms I am a local

I listened to the album first and I thought it was pretty underwhelming, but thanks to the film and a few more listens, I can now fully appreciate this album as it deserves! :tony:

She served, and she slayed!

I love every video for the songs. The film is not so good, the plot leaves a lot of holes and sometimes it makes no sense...but separately the videos are awesome :firega:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

HoneyB

This was a beautiful project:diane: something you can tell took time and effort I loved it!

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

The film is produced beautifully, the sets, costumes, choreography, cinematography everything is top notch. And even though the overall concept is pretty great, the script and plot are very bad. Terrible dialogues with suspicious acting, a lot of plot holes... You kind of just lose interest midway through because the storyline is not fully realized. I get that this is pretty huge for such a small artist. She did everything by herself but she could have really used some help here to make this amazing. 

Sometimes it feels like she just throws concepts and ideas around that don't really add anything to the movie so she can sound woke. Like the trans teacher storyline (if you can even call it that, 'cause there's no storyline really). 

The music is fine, I need to listen to it more. I feel like it's more of a soundtrack than an album really. Some of the lyrics sound lame if you don't watch the film.

InsomniaMonster69

Hey sisters! 

Not sure if we already talked about it but I finally found time to watch the new Melanie Martinez movie "K-12" and I absolutely loved the aesthetic of the movie and the music is great! 

What do u think about it?

(Couldn't use an entertainment tag so I used 'others') why can't I use the entertainment tag?

• CyanLights changed the title to Melanie Martinez - K-12 (The Film)

Archived