Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish for ELLE

whocares

Featured Posts

OMonster

I love the cover... it looks instantly memorable  and has a 'classic' feel to it. 

I'm not a huge fan of Billie, but she brings something different to the table and I like that. 

I don't particularly get the comparisons to Gaga, though. Sure, they both offer/ed something different at the time - but aside from an unorthodox approach, there's nothing Gaga about Billie. 

Gaga has very different qualities to Billie and visa versa. 

If there were to be a 'next' Gaga it would be someone like Alice Chater, not Billie. 

Gaga is revered for her performance abilities, whilst Billie is known - predominantly - for a particular aesthetic that is unique to her.

But that isn't to discredit Billie at all. She's undeniably talented, but isn't a classic pop star.

She's something totally different... a continuation (and evolution) of artists like Lorde and Melanie Martinez. Not an evolution of Madonna, Britney, Gaga ect.

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

“Boring” “Whisper” “Edgy” - the buzzwords you’re always going to hear. 

Anyway stream all the good girls go to hell

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

Your argument can be used against you. You and I found Gaga interesting back then. Most people didn’t. Most people thought she was untalented. Gaga still feels like she has to prove herself.

This is a 17 year old girl. We don’t even know what’s she’s going to be later in the future. And if you want the bubble gum pop sh*t, go stan Ava Max. I heard she’s set to be the next Gaga.

I dont like Ava Max either, so dont get me started on her :madge:  

People are saying she is the future of pop and she is really interesting and I am still trying to work out why :awkney:  At least Gaga could sing back then, and changed up every performance. The Viva La Vida performance is what inspired Lorde... there is just no comparison between Gaga and her

End Racism Now

whocares
15 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I dont like Ava Max either, so dont get me started on her :madge:  

People are saying she is the future of pop and she is really interesting and I am still trying to work out why :awkney:  At least Gaga could sing back then, and changed up every performance. The Viva La Vida performance is what inspired Lorde... there is just no comparison between Gaga and her

A lot of people, including young people, clearly seem to like her. She’s everywhere right now. She’s not the future of pop. She is ALREADY here. And once again, you’re the one comparing her to Gaga’s skills.

whocares

It’s totally fine to not like Billie as an artist. I didn’t like her as much before. But most of you are ACTUAL haters. You have to come to every thread (regarding this young girl) to remind everyone how much you dislike that she whispers and shows no emotions. That she’s overrated. You don’t like her? move on to the next artist. There are plenty of them out there.

Schwerk

Never seen or read an interview with Billie but this expert makes me want to. For such a young woman she has a nice perspective on feminism and unfortunately had to learn the hard way. I'm gonna look more into her. 

People need to chill comparing popstars and just let them be, especially when they're stills teens like Billie. Let them explore. She has plenty of time to grow as an artist an a person, don't rush and ruin her youth like has happened to so many female popstars (if not all) before her.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

TheSlash
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

Does she show any emotion at all? :awkney:

Not on photos, but that's on purpose :tony: .

OT: OK, now she serves looks :giveup: .

To all the haters: Literally why? Did she do anything to offend you? I guess not :trollga: . Leave her alone and let us enjoy her art in peace

billie eilish radio GIF by NPO 3FM

1 hour ago, RudzXinc said:

Her face is as dead as her singing :ladyhaha:

Tea, definition of boring :vegas:

You either leave this thread if you don't like her, or discover her true talent by listening to

Ew, David!

Glamourpuss

At least Gaga was interesting in 2008/9

The way Gaga changed each performance and her whole persona of The Fame was interesting and intriguing. She literally bled on stage (fake blood but still). She cared about her art and she put on a show every single time. She didnt ever look bored while she was in her peak. Even her magazine overs were way more interesting.  

With Billie... she looks so bored and gives off this idgaf attitude about anything. That includes her music. Because she looks bored, she makes me bored just by looking at her. Her music isnt interesting and her music videos aren't interesting either. Just cause she has glowing eyes or black tears from her eyes does not make her interesting.  

Can't believe people are comparing her to Gaga 

:saladga:

You just don't get her and that's ok. There's no need to drag her so much. :awkney:

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

You just don't get her and that's ok. There's no need to drag her so much. :awkney:

Okay okay okay

End Racism Now

Thomas P

And this, too, sounds like an opinion  :lolly:

Because it is...never claimed it wasn’t :lolly:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

xoxo Craig
6 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Because it is...never claimed it wasn’t :lolly:

Exactly the same with me :lolly:

End Racism Now

Ladey Gaygay
1 hour ago, Anveeroy said:

At least Selena whispers better than Miss Billie. :ally:

From what the oujia board

giphy.gif

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

Archived