💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Love/Hate Azealia Banks

Lemondeduerl

Featured Posts

berlinforme

And yet to this day delusional people on here are defending Azealia and calling others haters when the only thing their fave has been up to for ages is spilling hate

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it amazing how Nekci fans are suddenly acting like angels and oh my god Azealia is so bad, like shoosh :awkney:

And Azealia needs stfu, Lizzo is amazing and talented and everything that all the toxic millennial female rappers would never be.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

I love Lizzo, but tbh I do think a lot of people love her (not all or maybe even the majority) because she's a very bubbly, silly black person. Like, I'll hear people singing her songs at parties putting on their best "black voice" and I'm like :triggered: It's that kind of fetishization that rubs me the wrong way. I'm by no means denying her talent or that she's earned her place. She's amazing both in ability and in personality and just the general aura she exudes; that's why I've been a fan for a few years now. I just think racist, white liberals also exist :huntyga:

So long story short, Azealia is being plain mean and is absolutely wrong about Lizzo but not entirely wrong about the white people she's critiquing.

whocares

"I guess they saw us moving too fast with it because if you realize, after Beyoncé became political in ways they didn't like the elite stopped giving her that top top spot and started cycling out these lessers like Cardi and Lizzo (even Lil Nas X trash ass buckbreak mountain anthem) giving them Beyoncé level accolades while both being no where near the level of black female excellence she is."

This is why I can’t take Azalea Banks seriously. After Cardi rose to fame, she’s been praising Beyoncé for her work on Lemonade. But that wasn’t the case a few years back.. 

Following the release of Lemonade in late April, the rapper targeted what she viewed as Beyonce's perpetuation of "that sad black female sufferance.” She also labeled Beyonce a "thief" and a "poacher.”

“Don't think for a second that beyonce was intelligent enough to come up with any of those ideas on her own.”

“She's not an artist, she's a poacher. she takes food out of darker skinned women's mouths & pretends to be inspired.“

“Beyonce spent her entire career purposefully avoiding "blackness" but now that it's a trend she's trying to capitalize on it.”

“No, you're drinking the Roc Nation Concubine juice... those two women are not artists, they're just THERE.”

Lord Temptation
7 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

This is almost every artist. They have to follow strict guidelines at the beginning and once proved successful, get more freedom to do what they want :ohwell:

Lizzo has been out since ‘13. That’s six years, but she’s been heavily promoted only in the last year or so. 

4 minutes ago, Inferno said:

This is incorrect. Shes been releasing music for years, Good As Hell for example is from 2016, most likely recorded in 2015. If you watch her old youtube videos from like 10 years ago, match her vibe to today its all the same. Shes definitely heightening her personality now that shes at the center of the public eye for sure, I can see how that can be interpreted as caricature-ish. But its not an inauthentic representation of who she is as a person, its just heightened. As she settles into her fame im sure that will calm back down like....its people like Azealia and Nicki that try to create these narratives about an artist like her being "used" simply to knock them down and make people respect them less. Its a transparent strategy that works in this internet news culture time that we live in because most people wont look beyond the surface of that clickbait title.

Of course her musicality is still there, but it’s her image that has had the drastic corporate makeover, to make her brand compatible with the woke crowd. Underneath it all, her artistry is striving to be seen. If she was around in the 90s she wouldn’t have to dress like a baby to get her music across.

Inferno
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

Of course her musicality is still there, but it’s her image that has had the drastic corporate makeover, to make her brand compatible with the woke crowd. Underneath it all, her artistry is striving to be seen. If she was around in the 90s she wouldn’t have to dress like a baby to get her music across.

Absolutely not. Her image is literally the same. As I said, is it heightened right now? Yes. She has newfound fame, within this year she started being pushed by her label. Therefore, shes rolling with it. Yes. But what shes putting forward as her message in what shes doing is the same as it always has been. As she settles into her fame, she will relax. A lot is being thrown her way at once. So for you to claim that her artistry is striving to be seen when her LP is the strongest collection of tracks shes released thus far is.....im not sure if you're an azealia stan that just likes to agree with her conviction-less controversiality or if you just actually believe this. But you're wrong. I dont even think its arguable tbh.

Inferno
On 9/4/2019 at 12:36 PM, Dukttape said:

I used to stan her so hard, but listening to anything from her now makes me feel gross. Plus her music isn't nearly as standalone brilliant as you probably think. There are tons of artists who create great music in a similar style. And they wouldn't spit on your grave.

Exactly. Anyone that misinterprets her musicality and genre versatility as genius just doesn't get out much imo.

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Absolutely not. Her image is literally the same. As I said, is it heightened right now? Yes. She has newfound fame, within this year she started being pushed by her label. Therefore, shes rolling with it. Yes. But what shes putting forward as her message in what shes doing is the same as it always has been. As she settles into her fame, she will relax. A lot is being thrown her way at once. So for you to claim that her artistry is striving to be seen when her LP is the strongest collection of tracks shes released thus far is.....im not sure if you're an azealia stan that just likes to agree with her conviction-less controversiality or if you just actually believe this. But you're wrong. I dont even think its arguable tbh.

I’m not saying she is a bad artist for letting her label use her in the way that they have. Many, if not all artists, have to sacrifice a part of their artistry to get their message across. Maybe she is using them as much as they are using ha? If she’s hustling her hustlers, I’m all for it. All I know is that she is capable of showing us something deeper, way beyond commodified authenticity. Music from the heart.

Inferno
2 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I’m not saying she is a bad artist for letting her label use her in the way that they have. Many, if not all artists, have to sacrifice a part of their artistry to get their message across. Maybe she is using them as much as they are using ha? If she’s hustling her hustlers, I’m all for it. All I know is that she is capable of showing us something deeper, way beyond commodified authenticity. Music from the heart.

Have you not listened to her LP? What shes presenting musically is from the heart. Is she also being commercialized? Absolutely. But its not a corporate crafted image which is what you were trying to argue. And is she being commercialized more than others in her position? literally no more so than anyone else. I don't see anyone complaining about Lana Del Reys selling out anymore do they? No.

To me, Lizzo is a large woc. Her success is going to bring people forward that don't want to see someone that looks like her succeed. Period. If she were skinny and lighter I truly dont believe that we would even be having this conversation. Period.

I'm just so worried for Azealia. Why does she expresses all her anger that way ? Can she ever stop ? 

She has the talent, she doesn't need that bad press all the time, even when she is truthful and interesting at some points it's so overshadowed by her attitude and this just makes me worry and a bit sad for her.  

She must be so alone, and angry, and seem to have had her share. But this is just a mess now. This situation. She must make music and shut up, and find collabs. 

I think a Gaga collar would have been far less controversial than the R Kelly btw... Uhhhhh Azealiaaaaaaaaa :'( :pray:

hello hello baby.

AndiGaga

The wikipedia article of her :ladyhaha:

" Banks has developed a reputation for disputes with public figures on social media,[5] particularly Twitter, with Complex noting that "she gets more attention for her public feuds than she does for her music".[4] Banks has had feuds with people including Grimes, Elon Musk,[88] Remy Ma,[89] Cardi B, Lana Del Rey, Charli XCX, Lady Gaga, T.I., Iggy Azalea, Action Bronson, Lil' Kim, Skai Jackson, Rita Ora, Kendrick Lamar, Pharrell Williams, Erykah Badu, Kreayshawn, Rihanna, ASAP Rocky, Baauer, Nicki Minaj, Sia, Dominique Young Unique, Jim Jones, Beyoncé, Angel Haze, Lily Allen, RZA, SZA, Rico Nasty, Lupe Fiasco, Eminem, RuPaul, Perez Hilton, Nick Cannon, Diplo, Funkmaster Flex, The Stone Roses, K. Michelle, Shystie, Amanda Brunker, Troy Carter, Cupcakke, Mariah Lynn,[90] Disclosure, the entire nations of Ireland & Sweden, the African diaspora and Wendy Williams.[91][92]"

:ladyhaha:

Lord Temptation
3 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Have you not listened to her LP? What shes presenting musically is music from the heart. Is she also being commercialized? Absolutely. But literally no more so than anyone else. I don't see anyone complaining about Lana Del Reys selling out anymore do they? No.

To he honest, I only listen to Lizzo & the Larva Ink and a bit from her debut. Back then her music was...almost dangerous. Honestly I can’t listen to her post-2013 stuff.

Inferno
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

To he honest, I only listen to Lizzo & the Larva Ink and a bit from her debut. Back then her music was...almost dangerous. Honestly I can’t listen to her post-2013 stuff.

In concept they were more daring than something as feel good as Good As Hell surely but sonically it was just young kids experimenting with their sound. Its not like there was some great level of musicality to it or even that "dangerous". Idk, if you just personally find the newer stuff too corny thats valid enough to me but to outright say she lost some sense of creative or personal integrity to me is just way too far and false.

Davian
1 hour ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Of course :whitney:

What else would she do? Compliment her? :ladyhaha:

You really thought you did something with this comment huh:selena:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89738ebdac45fb5d8976d

EDIT: I think I understood you incorrectly sorry:huntyga: You were talking about Azealia never complementing someone, so this doesn’t come a surprise. I thought you agreed with her insulting her oops:selena:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Archived