Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Scarlett Johansson on Woody Allen

nodandsmile

Featured Posts

nodandsmile

"In person, the actress is unguarded and assured, even on thorny topics — from actors playing characters of different races (which sparked a fierce debate) to whom she's backing for president to why she's standing by Woody Allen. She apologizes that her answer to one question sounds "farty" (pretentious) but never asks for forgiveness for her opinions.

"How do I feel about Woody Allen?" Johansson lets the question hang for a moment. Ever since the #MeToo movement caused Dylan Farrow's sexual abuse allegations against her father to be re-examined, much of Hollywood has distanced itself from Allen. The filmmaker long has denied the claims, but many actors who have worked with him, including Michael Caine, Timothée Chalamet and Greta Gerwig, have publicly expressed regret about doing so, and Allen has been unable to find a U.S. distributor for his movies since Amazon canceled his deal in 2018. Allen directed Johansson in Match Point (2005), Scoop(2006) and Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008) and played a key role in shaping her career as one of Hollywood's most sought-after leading ladies. After a beat, Johansson makes it clear that she disagrees with many of her peers. "I love Woody," she says. "I believe him, and I would work with him anytime."

Here's the full article:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/features/scarlett-johansson-talks-woody-allen-elizabeth-warren-black-widow-1235618?__twitter_impression=true

What do you all think?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

I love her work so much, and I think she’s a good person, but she’s making it very difficult for me to like her :giveup:

🖤👹

Ally Campana

How can she defend Woody and call out James Franco at the same time for sexual abuse accusations? Make it make sense...

Does it matter? Damage is done

I can't believe how much support he still has among A-list celebs... he still poppin out movies, they're still starring in them.. Even Emma Stone worked with him, and she seems.. smart.

crisTEAne
5 minutes ago, neptugne said:

I can't believe how much support he still has among A-list celebs... he still poppin out movies, they're still starring in them.. Even Emma Stone worked with him, and she seems.. smart.

even cate blanchett is hesitant to say anything bad about him, and cate, as we know, is an unbelievably smart and articulate person. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

beaublue

She literally needs a new manger or PR team lol she just keeps digging herself in a deeper hole & can’t seem to get out of her own way

DelusionalGaga

It's sad how she always seems to get away with being an ignorant f*ck and still be the highest earning actress in the industry. :triggered:

nodandsmile
27 minutes ago, neptugne said:

Because a lot of these celebrities don't care about anyone but themselves and are ready to jump on any bandwagon that will guarantee them good publicity.

I knew when I saw the title of this thread it would be bad, but wow. It was worse. She loves him?

Is this the same person who gave an impassioned speech at the Women's March just a few years ago? What a damn mess :saladga:

18 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Because a lot of these celebrities don't care about anyone but themselves and are ready to jump on any bandwagon that will guarantee them good publicity.

Working with Woody Allen ensures that you will receive negative publicity. They are literally doing the opposite of joining a bandwagon.

Archived