other

Pitchfork gives NFR! 9.4

Monsterious

Featured Posts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AJRocketMan

Why am I not surprised? The indie community is so sexist and pretentious, they have their heads way too far up their own ass. It seems the more boring an artist gets, the more likely they are to grant them a higher score. They always seem to find ridiculous excuses to criticize a female artist’s work while never bothering to apply the same standards to a man’s. Don’t trust anything Pitchfork says. Lana only got such a high score because she makes music that appeals to nerdy white men who think Radiohead and Kanye West are gods on Earth or dudes who think catchy music = Bad. In 2017 in their retrospective reviews section, they gave Madonna’s Bedtime Stories, her best album, a 6.5/10. They went on to say Human Nature and Take A Bow were the only good songs on the album and that everything else was boring, which is not even remotely close to being true. And it was reviewed by a man. :fail:

hankhatesyouall
34 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Why am I not surprised? The indie community is so sexist and pretentious, they have their heads way too far up their own ass. It seems the more boring an artist gets, the more likely they are to grant them a higher score. They always seem to find ridiculous excuses to criticize a female artist’s work while never bothering to apply the same standards to a man’s. Don’t trust anything Pitchfork says. Lana only got such a high score because she makes music that appeals to nerdy white men who think Radiohead and Kanye West are gods on Earth or dudes who think catchy music = Bad. In 2017 in their retrospective reviews section, they gave Madonna’s Bedtime Stories, her best album, a 6.5/10. They went on to say Human Nature and Take A Bow were the only good songs on the album and that everything else was boring, which is not even remotely close to being true. And it was reviewed by a man. :fail:

Where's the lie you are talking about?

OT: Yes, this album is a masterpiece, deserved more. 

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, AJRocketMan said:

I’ve been saying this for ages, Bedtime Stories is Madonna’s best album. But most Madonna fans hate that album. The way I feel about Lana is that she is a parody of Lizzy Grant. It was bleak but at least Lizzy made music for her self. Lana serves nostalgia. She makes music for the media.

AJRocketMan
2 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

Where's the lie you are talking about?

OT: Yes, this album is a masterpiece, deserved more. 

That Human Nature and Take A Bow are the best songs on the album when they’re not—it’s not even close, even if they’re still great songs. Pretty much the entire record is top notch, but the best and most emotionally affecting songs in my opinion are Inside of Me, Sanctuary, Bedtime Story, Forbidden Love, and Secret. Also Survival, Don’t Stop, and Love Tried to Welcome Me are really catchy hidden gems with sweet melodies. The only song I find skippable is I’d Rather Be Your Lover.

I know what you’re trying to do dude, you’re trying to make yourself seem superior or more intelligent than me by talking sh¡t about something I feel passionate about and subsequently dismissing my comment because I mentioned Madonna when in fact Gaga and Lana wish they could make an album as excellent as Bedtime Stories or Erotica. And Pitchfork wishes they had the talent or the culture to recognize truly great music when in fact they don’t, especially if it’s made by a woman, and god-forbid she make pop music.

hausofcy
10 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Ha SNL live performance will forever be ha legacy, no matter what the kritiks write about ha :reductive: :poot:

Lmao. Stay pressed I guess

🇯🇵

lol, this after they totally trashed her in the beginning. Never change Pitchfork!

it's what she deserves though :diane:

who will love me when the night is over

24 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

That Human Nature and Take A Bow are the best songs on the album when they’re not—it’s not even close, even if they’re still great songs. Pretty much the entire record is top notch, but the best and most emotionally affecting songs in my opinion are Inside of Me, Sanctuary, Bedtime Story, Forbidden Love, and Secret. Also Survival, Don’t Stop, and Love Tried to Welcome Me are really catchy hidden gems with sweet melodies. The only song I find skippable is I’d Rather Be Your Lover.

I know what you’re trying to do dude, you’re trying to make yourself seem superior or more intelligent than me by talking sh¡t about something I feel passionate about and subsequently dismissing my comment because I mentioned Madonna when in fact Gaga and Lana wish they could make an album as excellent as Bedtime Stories or Erotica. And Pitchfork wishes they had the talent or the culture to recognize truly great music when in fact they don’t, especially if it’s made by a woman, and god-forbid she make pop music.

I mean, first of all, Erotica and Bedtime Stories are Madonna's bests albums, imagine hating on those masterpieces.

and, second, the one-two-three-four PUNCH of SLAY that is Love Tried to Welcome Me into Sanctuary into Bedtime Story into Take a Bow... I'm sorry for the people that have no taste

who will love me when the night is over

Lord Temptation
20 minutes ago, hausofcy said:

Lmao. Stay pressed I guess

Gurl I’m not the one kalling it the worst SNL performance of all time. Half of Hollywood already did that :bye:

hausofcy
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

Gurl I’m not the one kalling it the worst SNL performance of all time. Half of Hollywood already did that :bye:

Gurl, you're the one still checking out threads about her while arguing with half the people in there :rip: 

Whatever makes you feel good I guess :ladyhaha:

🇯🇵

lost in limbo

Lana only got such a high score because she makes music that appeals to nerdy white men who think Radiohead and Kanye West are gods on Earth

....I'm sorry, WHERE does her music appeal to them? Those men have spent the last few years calling her a pretentious fake artist and saying her music is all the same, so really not her crowd.

Also you just picked the two worst examples EVER. She has had feuds with both Radiohead and Kanye and their fanbases hate her like :toofunny: 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Saint Gaga

Gaga and Lana wish they could make an album as excellent as Bedtime Stories or Erotica.

They don't have to wish,lol

Born This way,Fame Monster,Ultraviolence,NFR & Born to die exists.Keep living in your own delusional bubble where only the Madonna records are the good ones

I'm on my 5th listen, I'm still trying to find the click and like it, but it's not happening :bradley:

Why is that? why?? I love all her albums :bradley:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived