life

Lady Gaga: "Italian gravy"

The Z

Featured Posts

ladylinners
2 hours ago, SeashellGangsta said:

Alessia Mingozzi, lives in Italy

Answered Feb 19

Hi, I’m Italian born and raised and still live in Italy. I love lady Gaga and I’d love to say she’s italian like me but I don’t really think so. First of all, she wasn’t born here but that doesn’t really matter sometimes, what matter is that she only has relatives with Italian descendants and it’s not enough to consider yourself Italian. Plus I seriously think that in order to be accepted “from us” as Italian, a person needs to understand the culture ecc. and I don’t think she really knows it. She never lived here or knows the language (which is a big part of our culture) and one time she said that she heated pasta in a pan like she was an Italian chef and I wanted to laugh but I still love her ahahahha. What I’m trying to say is that if the roles were reversed I would never consider myself an American just because I can say a few words (with the wrong accent) and because my great-great grandmother was vaguely American. Let me know what you think please

1.9k views

Upvote

I've met many Americans who are proud of their heritage and will say "I'm Swedish too". The 'Congressional Friends of Sweden Caucus' is very involved with the Swedish Chambers of Commerce and the Swedish Embassy and at some of the parties the majority of the people there are from the Swedish Caucus. Lindsborg in Kansas celebrate Swedish traditions, Minnesota has a lot of Swedish heritage and even a statue to a famous Swedish author.  Many Americans from with Swedish roots will say they are Swedish. 

New York City has the largest population of Italian Americans in the US, and it's home to the third largest population outside Italy. She was most likely raised with the mindset that she is Italian. 

I'm Swedish but I have always felt a strong kinship to both Norway and Denmark as my extra parents are from there. When I was younger I would say I was partly Norwegian because that's how I felt. We would go to Norway all the time to visit my mom's parents and siblings, and they would come to Sweden. May 17th (Norways National Day) was also highlighted more in our household than June 6th (Sweden's National Day). My mom would also cook Norwegian food, and our Christmas dinner has a lot of Danish and Norwegian foods. 

So yes, I am Swedish but my upbringing is highly influenced by my extra parents' Norwegian and Danish nationalities (Mom's Swedish now though since last year). I'm very quick to point out that I live close to Norway and Norwegian influences are a big part of who I am. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ModernEcstasy

Whatever happened to the talented and dedicated Music Artist I used to stan? She’s long gone. 

OT: I’Italia Per Sempre

mariomania1234
15 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

Whatever happened to the talented and dedicated Music Artist I used to stan? She’s long gone. 

OT: I’Italia Per Sempre

What on earth about this picture indicates she's no longer talented and dedicated? :rip:

She's just sharing a slice of life picture. She's clearly working on an album. I'm sure she has the ability to do both at the same time.

ThunderSwallow
2 minutes ago, BloodyM said:

She should have released a cookbook instead of a makeup line. Would have been more innovative tbh

I’ve said she could have selling organic eggs from her farm which will be much more iconic. 

8 minutes ago, BloodyM said:

She should have released a cookbook instead of a makeup line. Would have been more innovative tbh

She already did 7 years ago :ladyhaha:

She's coming for Missy's Cookbock 

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

derpmonster
4 hours ago, SeashellGangsta said:

sophie is princess peach!!! yes it makes sense! xtina is yoshi and tr*y ca*ter is bowser :triggered:

And Bobby is Toad :ladyhaha:

What is this reverse Minecraft expedition 💀

Btw you have been featured on my fb group (link in signature) for an iconic comment :staymad:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Itsbrenda

I mean... Italian gravy is normal gravy. She has made an Italian sauce... 

im starting to think she is actually American 🙃

Just now, LadyHaha said:

Did she?

YES, Joe Germanotta & Lady Gaga: Joanne Trattoria Cookbook :wtfga:

not sure about the year though

Sneaky Oliver
5 hours ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

LG6 is a cookbook titled "F" confirmed 

F....ood :bradley: tha enigma is finally over

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived