news

Billboard prediction: No ASIB for AOTY 2020

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whocares

ASIB should DEFINITELY get a nom. I don’t think it’ll win tho. Igor by Tyler, the creator anyone?

Teal Ambition

In addition to the Eilish and Swift albums, other likely album of the year nominees include Ariana Grande's thank u, next, Lizzo's Cuz I Love You, Khalid's Free Spirit, Bruce Springsteen's Western Stars, Beyoncé's Homecoming: The Live Album and Gary Clark Jr.'s This Land.

This will be the second year that the field of nominees in each of the Big Four categories is expanded from five to eight.

Other potent albums that could easily be nominated include Maggie Rogers' Heard It in a Past Life, Ed Sheeran's No. 6 Collaborations Project, Jonas Brothers' Happiness Begins, Maren Morris' Girl, Solange's When I Get Home,  Eric Church's Desperate Man, Tyler, the Creator's Igor,  Tool's Fear Inoculum, Jenny Lewis' On the Line, Anderson .Paak's Ventura, Eric Church's Desperate Man, Megan Thee Stallion's Fever, Pistol Annies' Interstate Gospel, and Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper's A Star Is Born soundtrack.

:huntyga:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Bradley
4 minutes ago, scarlxrd said:

ASIB should DEFINITELY get a nom. I don’t think it’ll win tho. Also, two Beyoncé noms?

IGOR by Tyler, the creator anyone?

What do you mean two Beyonce noms? It's just Homecoming.

whocares
Just now, Bradley said:

What do you mean two Beyonce noms? It's just Homecoming.

Just edited my post. I thought the Lion King soundtrack was called Free Spirit:bradley:

Bradley

A Star Is Born definitely stands a higher chance at getting a nom than Homecoming.

Yes Homecoming was acclaimed, but it wasn't streamed 2 billion times like A Star Is Born was, and ASIB is an Oscar movie that also WON one Oscar and some Grammys. It's acclaimed as well, and the Grammys have been increasingly recognising soundtracks over the years (Black Panther everybody?).

A Star Is Born is also original. Homecoming is just the live version of previously recorded songs.

Luke78619

I wouldn’t be mad it WWAFA,WDWG won at all over ASIB, but I’d be a bit peeved if TUN or Lover did, even more if Homecoming did, it’s not original

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Jonathan2244

Lover will be nominated but can taylor really win again? i mean shes won twice already she cant win all the time.

Archived