💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady gagas biggest career mistakes or misteps

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RenegAde
18 minutes ago, KatherinePierce said:

Yes ı mean everyone loves the fame at that time and she could’ve add 3 more hits to her career

Do you really know what that means 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

All of Gaga's steps have brought her to the current point of her life, which is pretty good at the moment.   

One thing I love about Gaga is her work always reflects where she is at personally in her life.   That is the defintiion of an "artist", vs some pop singer that uses producers du jour to make what they think will be successful, which is when music is just a job and not an art form.

RenegAde
21 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

- no (previously teased) new music at (cancelled) Dive Bar Tour 2.0 / never rescheduling dates

- no new music at JWT

- no new music at Enigma

- no new music after Grammys/Oscar/Met Gala buzz

- continuing to tease an album that to our knowledge doesn't even exist

- oh and tour DVDs :huntyga:

Some of these things are things you don't just like... the question is mistake and misteps :huntyga:

5 hours ago, geopang said:

Unpopular opinion, but I agree. Although I loved Cheek to Cheek.

Yeah I like Cheek To Cheek alot too but only as a side project but she took it seriously and expanded into different things. Everything went bad from there.

RenegAde
6 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Yeah I like Cheek To Cheek alot too but only as a side project but she took it seriously and expanded into different things. Everything went bad from there.

Your first response had over 30 sads and they were all deserved :awkney:

3 hours ago, NinaBoninaBrown said:

1. The Edge of Glory  (the most GP friendly song she's ever released, as a lead single and a creative video it would have been massive).

2. Born This Way (BTW was her most antecipated single ever, it would have smashed no matter when released, so releasing it as second single would give the era two big hits).

3. Marry The Night (Just because it would be released during the Summer and out of the remaining songs MTN is the most summer-esque song)

4. YoĂŒ and I  (a ballad version)

Honorable mentions: I think The Queen could also be a cute promotional single, and also Bad Kids with a music video showing interactions of Gaga and her fans 

I'd switch 1 and 2. I know a lot of people would have wanted to put MTN as the first single for guaranteed success, but I've always believed that BTW was destined for that slot. She utilized that hype for a song that was fairly controversial (crazy to say, at that time) and created wild success and helped usher in a more mainstream movement of LGBT rights awareness.

That said, TEOG would have been an incredible second single. I'd still want the Judas video somewhere, though.

3 points in and ready for more

17 minutes ago, RenegAde2888 said:

Your first response had over 30 sads and they were all deserved :awkney:

Ofcourse, its a Gaga fansite. It was expected :) but the truth is all these people who clicked sad complain about Gaga not doing Pop music.

Mana Mahad
4 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Ofcourse, its a Gaga fansite. It was expected :) but the truth is all these people who clicked sad complain about Gaga not doing Pop music.

Yes Joanne and C2C are her worst album by far 

3 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

God, now I just want to give her a giant hug. 

And she needs that hug, she really does.   With her hugs she lifts people up, she shows people she loves them and is behind them in their endeavors, she helps them feel stronger and braver, and she passes  kindness and compassion.  For people in need, her hug means everything, whether she can give that hug in person, through her music, through her words in concerts or elsewhere, or through her example.  She suffers emotionally from bullying and rape, and is in chronic pain from fibro and her hip.   Yet her focus remains on helping others, and time and time again we find from  from her actions that she cares more about others than herself.  :heart:  When the opportunity arises,  we would be at our best as people to let her know that she is loved, not just her music, but her.

I live outside the space time continuum.

G U C C I
1 hour ago, RudzXinc said:

Getting lazy is her biggest mistake.

Her priority is not music anymore.

Wow to have that opinion after her hard work to give some of the best performances ever and officially put her into a realm most musicians can’t touch. She isn’t just a musician. She is an artist and an extremely talented singer who understands the benefits of expanding herself and audience. The Sound of Music, the Super Bowl, AHS Hotel, FF2, ASIB and it’s Soundtrack which deserves AOTY, the MET Gala, and several others I’m sure I’m missing prove if anything she is FAR from lazy. 

34 minutes ago, Mana Mahad said:

Yes Joanne and C2C are her worst album by far 

They are actually very good albums but I dont want that from Gaga, unless she does it as a side project but its been over 7 years since ARTPOP :(

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, Ronk said:

And she needs that hug, she really does.   With her hugs she lifts people up, she shows people she loves them and is behind them in their endeavors, she helps them feel stronger and braver, and she passes  kindness and compassion.  For people in need, her hug means everything, whether she can give that hug in person, through her music, through her words in concerts or elsewhere, or through her example.  She suffers emotionally from bullying and rape, and is in chronic pain from fibro and her hip.   Yet her focus remains on helping others, and time and time again we find from  from her actions that she cares more about others than herself.  :heart:  When the opportunity arises,  we would be at our best as people to let her know that she is loved, not just her music, but her.

That's really sweet. I have a Meet & Greet with her this December and will do just that. :heart:

She/Her/Hers

Smother Em Eh

The list of broken promises like not releasing ACT 2 :trollga:, ARTPOP, Koons & CTC Documentary, Tour DVD’s etc.

Collaborating with R Kelly 

Replacing Brooklyn Nights with MJH on the 12th track of ARTPOP

Doing Haus Beauty:interestinga:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

- Not releasing some major singles (Starstruck, Monster, DITD, Scheisse, Gypsy, DIC, ARUTW). Also not completely her fault, but I don't know any other singer with so many hidden gems and viable hits just left on albums.

- The Jo Calderone thing always makes me cringe, I know a lot of ya'll love it but I legit block the 2011 VMA's out of my mind. So cringe. 

- R.Kelly on DWUW. How she (or nobody in her team) didn't think this would end in flames, given his past allegations is insane to me. Anyone could've been better, so many artists. I think this is perhaps her biggest mistake. Although I am glad she apologised, I just wish it came sooner. 

- The ARTPOP App (although Troy's fault). 

- Having J&D on ARTPOP but not Brooklyn Nights, Partynauseous & Princess Die. 

This are the only things, I ever think about that annoys me really. If anything, she's done a lot of **** that I'm very proud of and grateful for.

Archived