💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady gagas biggest career mistakes or misteps

RenegAde

Featured Posts

Isidro Guevara

For all of those who are complaining about "Judas" being a single, how would you have released the BTW singles? Mine would go like this:

-Born This Way 

-The Edge Of Glory 

-Yoü And I(U.S.)/Judas(WW)

- Marry The Night

Tbh, those 5 were the only single-worthy songs on the album.

I'll WRECK U right Up...G.U.Y.!!!🌋💥

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Franch Toast
43 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I think this has been a problem.  And she has little control over her career.  I think she once said she doesn't like m&g because the high prices are taking advantage of her fans.  But she doesn't call the shots.  Even artistically I think she is forced into some things that aren't her artistic idea. 

Overworking in general is a big problem for her, imo.  She's not this larger-than-life super hero, she's a human with all the frailties that come with that.  She continued performing with a hip she knew was bad, until it finally broke.  She kept performing with fibro she knew she had, until it hospitalized her.  She performed in the cold and rain in NY because she didn't want to disappoint fans, and she got so sick she had to cancel shows afterward.

Both these problems; people taking advantage of her and her overworking, are due the same thing:  She's super kind and doesn't want to disappoint anyone.

God, now I just want to give her a giant hug. 

She/Her/Hers

NinaBoninaBrown

Not touring worldwide after the slayage that ASIB soundtrack was. I know staying in Vegas is good for her fibriomyalgia but I think it would be less phisically demanding  for her to perform ASIB songs as most of them are ballads.

CannaeDrive

Objectively, the first misstep was the Alejandro MV, this is when the perceptions, from critics and GP alike, began to turn around.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Franch Toast
7 minutes ago, NinaBoninaBrown said:

Not touring worldwide after the slayage that ASIB soundtrack was. I know staying in Vegas is good for her fibriomyalgia but I think it would be less phisically demanding  for her to perform ASIB songs as most of them are ballads.

She didn't even need to do an actual tour--if only she would've performed some of the other ASIB songs on talk shows (not just in the U.S.; she could've gone on Graham Norton, Sukkuri, etc.) and either at Enigma or Jazz & Piano. Or she and Bradley could've done a TV special. Even releasing other songs as singles in the U.S. would've helped.

The album has done so well without anything other than "Shallow" being promoted--imagine how well it could've done if she and her team had promoted the entire album more. 

I'm truly baffled why she and her team haven't promoted the album more--is it because she wanted to highlight her role as an actress during the ASIB era? Or because those songs are "Ally's"? I'm not going to call this an outright mistake or misstep, as I'm sure she has her reasons, but I just don't understand the rationale. 

She/Her/Hers

ArtGagaPop
30 minutes ago, Isidro Guevara said:

For all of those who are complaining about "Judas" being a single, how would you have released the BTW singles? Mine would go like this:

-Born This Way 

-The Edge Of Glory 

- Marry The Night

Born This Way 
The edge of glory (prior to the album like judas, would been a sure #1 smash)
Scheiße (summer single, vma performance) 
Marry the night
You and i (US only) 
Hair (only if they wanted to push something more ww) 

RenegAde
8 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said:

Objectively, the first misstep was the Alejandro MV, this is when the perceptions, from critics and GP alike, began to turn around.

That wasn't a misstep she is an artist and is allowed to express her artistry ,if they were bothered by men wearing heels then they should check themselves and critics were always divided when it came to gaga she's always been controversial since poker face 

RenegAde
35 minutes ago, Isidro Guevara said:

-Born This Way 

-The Edge Of Glory 

- Marry The Night

Trying to start a thread under a thread huh? Anyway as much as I love judas it wouldn't be a single 

NinaBoninaBrown
20 minutes ago, Isidro Guevara said:

-Born This Way 

-The Edge Of Glory 

- Marry The Night

1. The Edge of Glory  (the most GP friendly song she's ever released, as a lead single and a creative video it would have been massive).

2. Born This Way (BTW was her most antecipated single ever, it would have smashed no matter when released, so releasing it as second single would give the era two big hits).

3. Marry The Night (Just because it would be released during the Summer and out of the remaining songs MTN is the most summer-esque song)

4. Yoü and I  (a ballad version)

Honorable mentions: I think The Queen could also be a cute promotional single, and also Bad Kids with a music video showing interactions of Gaga and her fans 

5 hours ago, Isaax said:

but she was not okay and not stable.. I mean you can be wierd... but with some class. 

Who is ever really stable? There are great things I have accomplished during my most unstable moments.

who are you to define the ‘class’ in ‘Weird’?

extra: A fan didn’t puke on her, it was actually an artist. She also puked on her in one of the MB interludes.

RenegAde
54 minutes ago, ajames said:

BTW single release was a total and complete disaster unfortunately, I remember at the time feeling very disheartened by how sloppy it was. Only when ARTPOP was even more disastrous did I forget all about how messy BTW was.

Frankly, business decisions need to be left to the professionals. She was the biggest star on the planet at the time. She could have had someone plan out the BTW era properly, someone who had done it successfully before, not just wing it and release her best music on ridiculous things like Farmville.

And Joanne didn't dissapoint to give yet another sloppy single rollout :messga:

And the second paragraph you are wrong gaga didn't want to release judas she wanted schiebe or marry the night 

RenegAde
15 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Letting Taylor Kinney get away. :lolly:

Letting Bradley get away:huntyga:

3 hours ago, BloodyM said:

I think the first proper mistake was not releasing Sheisse as the first or second single for BTW. Also, would have loved if BTW was a bit more heavy electro so to avoid all the Madonna remarks and I still believe that it could have been as big as Bad Romance. 

This tea.

Scheisse screamed 'signature song' 

Archived