💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

VMAs Hit All-Time Ratings Low for 3rd Straight Year

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

Ally Campana

The show has become a joke. That’s why. No real pop culture moments anymore or any real stars attending them. Bey and Rihanna attended together in 2016 but the ratings still didn’t stop from dropping. I agree with @ReginaGeorgeto an extent. They try to be ‘woke’ too hard at the expense that it became annoying and less interesting. Also, their list suck ass to BeyoncĂ© (not that I have anything against her) but to list her Lemonade medley as the best performance ever despite it not being that memorable was a tragedy. They don’t give recognition to the real deserving artists. They rather try to appeal to the typical SJW stans. No wonder why they keep falling.

Does it matter? Damage is done

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
1 minute ago, Ally Campana said:

The show has become a joke. That’s why. No real pop culture moments anymore or any real stars attending them. Bey and Rihanna attended together in 2016 but the ratings still didn’t stop from dropping. I agree with @ReginaGeorgeto an extent. They try to be ‘woke’ too hard at the expense that it became annoying and less interesting. Also, their list suck ass to BeyoncĂ© (not that I have anything against her) but to list her Lemonade medley as the best performance ever despite it not being that memorable was a tragedy. They don’t give recognition to the real deserving artists. They rather try to appeal to the typical SJW stans. No wonder why they keep falling.

:tony: this is all I'm trying to say! thank you

TheQueenLG
29 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Are you that one SJW who ruined the whole experience by mentioning mental health in VMAs thread? At least you are proudly being SJW I guess.. :diane: Have a great day! 

Yes, I am 'that one SJW'. And I am proud. I'm always proud to call out instances in which mental health, something extremely serious, is being ignorantly patronized and disrespected. The real question is:

Why aren't you will willing, much less proud, to do the same? 

giphy.gif

TheQueenLG
30 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Its also 2019. Things are so different now. People aren’t watching tv as much as they used to. It’s a problem across all channels. Even the damn Super Bowl. And blaming people like Emma Watson for wanted a gender less award is not the answer. Just stirring up division.

agreed. 

Regina George
1 minute ago, TheQueenLG said:

Yes, I am 'that one SJW'. And I am proud. I'm always proud to call out instances in which mental health, something extremely serious, is being ignorantly patronized and disrespected. The real question is:

giphy.gif

Because, you know, I don't need the title to know what justice is and to know how to be a good person. I don't attack people for making jokes even tho I myself suffer from extreme anxiety. I understand that you can joke about some things and that not everything has to be serious. I'd advice you to do the same because life is much better that way! 

Juanjo

Makes sense. Honestly, the current state of music is very tragic, there’s no interesting acts. The mist iconic thing of the night was Missy, and that’s becase she’s a true artist. 

TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Because, you know, I don't need the title to know what justice is and to know how to be a good person. I don't attack people for making jokes even tho I myself suffer from extreme anxiety. I understand that you can joke about some things and that not everything has to be serious. I'd advice you to do the same because life is much better that way! 

To be clear, I was not intending to encourage you to become a SJW... What I was encouraging you to do is own up to the fact that it is important for people in society to call out jokes that patronize and disrespect mental health. As long as someone is joking, in your view, they are immune to the repercussions for their words. That's laughable.

There are much better things to joke about than the legitimacy and seriousness of mental health.

Life is worse for marginalized communities if we, the people, don't speak  up when scenarios like this happen.

To sum up, I respectfully implore you to stop enabling people to make jokes that downplay the seriousness of mental health. Considering you suffer from anxiety, I'm surprised that you don't understand the terrible effects that this type of behavior has on conversations regarding mental health. 

AmericanxDream

But the Swifties told me that Taylor's presence would increase the ratings to an all-time high.

D_XqsC2WkAEmwiy.jpg

Regina George
1 minute ago, TheQueenLG said:

To be clear, I was not intending to encourage you to become a SJW... What I was encouraging you to do is own up to the fact that it is important for people in society to call out jokes that patronize and disrespect mental health. As long as someone is joking, in your view, they are immune to the repercussions for their words. That's laughable.

There are much better things to joke about than the legitimacy and seriousness of mental health.

Life is worse for marginalized communities if we, the people, don't speak  up when scenarios like this happen.

To sum up, I respectfully implore you to stop enabling people to make jokes that downplay the seriousness of mental health. Considering you suffer from anxiety, I'm surprised that you don't understand the terrible effects that this type of behavior has on conversations regarding mental health. 

it's just not that serious. His jokes weren't that serious. Just chill. 

shame
19 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

giphy.gif

Sjws take the fun out of everything. Gurl, bye.

16 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Yaaas bitch. Literally one of the reasons why I came out of that toxic SJW “personcave”.

angels forever, forever angels

TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, TheShameMonster said:

Sjws take the fun out of everything. Gurl, bye.

Yaaas bitch. Literally one of the reasons why I came out of that toxic SJW “personcave”.

I wasn't aware that mocking mental health in a patronizing and disrespectful manor is something the kids considered 'fun' nowadays... Lol. 

shame
Just now, TheQueenLG said:

I wasn't aware that mocking mental health in a patronizing and disrespectful manor is something the kids considered 'fun' nowadays... Lol. 

U can technically mock anything and make a joke out of anything as long as it’s in the right context. People have different senses of humour. Let’s just accept that.

TheQueenLG
1 minute ago, TheShameMonster said:

U can technically mock anything and make a joke out of anything as long as it’s in the right context. People have different senses of humour. Let’s just accept that.

Fine. Indulge me on this:

What context  is it appropriate to make fun of or joke about triggers that cause people to have anxiety/panic/etc. attacks?

Nightwing

I was waiting for this article to hit; I knew it was coming. The reality of it is, people don't care about the Video Music Awards anymore. And that just goes back to the current state of the music industry and how people consume media these days. First of all, there was nothing to be hyped about this year. And who really sits and watches cable television for an awards show nowadays? Honestly, pop culture is just dead right now. There's really nothing interesting happening, nothing to be hype about, no one doing anything different. And the ratings reflect that. To top it off, it's just not really accessible with it airing on television. There are just so many things going against award shows right now.

We're in a different era. The age of superstars is gone; you can thank iTunes, Twitter and Youtube for that one. The mystique, hype and value of music is gone. We're exposed to celebs on a level like never before. Award shows just simply aren't sacred or important anymore, and thus have steadily and heavily decreased in overall value.

To combat that, they (award shows) should be every two years, or so. Some should also be consolidated; there are too many to keep track of. The industry is just over-saturated on every level.

shame
Just now, TheQueenLG said:

Fine. Indulge me on this:

What context  is it appropriate to make fun of or joke about triggers that cause people to have anxiety/panic/etc. attacks?

The context in which there are people present who are cool with jokes like that.

Archived