💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Shawn apologizes for past tweet

Werk

Featured Posts

"[Shawn] posted his statement days after a fan flat-out asked him about his past remarks during a Q&A session that was posted online.

"I posted some racially insensitive comments on social media when I was younger, and I am so sorry," Mendes wrote. "I apologize wholeheartedly for what was said & understand how offensive those posts were. There is no place for comments like that, and those words do not represent who I am. I stand for complete inclusivity, equality and love."

A tweet:

reportedly posted on Mendes' Twitter account in 2015 was soon deleted after accusations of racism. In 2012, a comment using the N-word was reportedly posted on Mendes' Instagram account and then deleted as well. Another tweet directed at a fan that referenced skin color was reportedly posted on his Twitter account in 2013, and then also deleted following criticism.

Mendes has never acknowledged the specific posts. In the Q&A session, a fan asked him why, saying she was asking on behalf of "Black Twitter" and "Black Shawn Stans everywhere out there." She also added, "We get a lot of hate for supporting you."

"I just think that a lot of things just need to be moved on from, but I also think that the things that were saw, like I had friends when I was 14 who would like take my phone and like post things of them, because they thought it was funny that I had like 2,000 followers and it was a big thing, and they'd post photos of themselves," Mendes replied. "And at the time, I was just like not thinking about it. I had no idea I was going to have 50 million followers, which doesn't make it any better."

"But yeah, totally, I apologize for everything insensitive that I said in the past," he said. "But with that being said, yeah, I think that's not my personality."

rs_634x1024-190824110543-634-shawn-mende

https://eonline.com/news/1067635/shawn-mendes-apologizes-for-past-racially-insensitive-comments

17579206-7384375-image-a-36_156649665900f95oEeapTXjio3cjPvvvRBaH9jP6GuexuxGlNJNX

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McYves

OK my English is not that good and sometimes I have trouble trying to understand a whole piece of text. Can you tell me exactly what he said in his racist tweet?

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

whore

When will we get out of the phase of digging up old tweets made by celebrities in their youth? It’s about six years too late to call him out now 

1 minute ago, McYves said:

OK my English is not that good and sometimes I have trouble trying to understand a whole piece of text. Can you tell me exactly what he said in his racist tweet?

I think he was saying light skinned girls look better

McYves
1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

I think he was saying light skinned girls look better

That's racist? OMG I have no comments. Thank you for explaining me tho.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

beaublue

He was literally like 14 when he tweeted that stuff. I’m so sick of our generation expecting perfect political correctness out of everyone 24/7, especially those who were super young at the time of the mistake they made & try holding them accountable for years after. Like Jesus Christ people change, he’s clearly shown he’s not racist. Let the dude move on & live his life ffs

4 minutes ago, McYves said:

That's racist? OMG I have no comments. Thank you for explaining me tho.

Yes it is racist. There is a difference between saying my personal preference is light skin and saying light skin women look better. And why make an announcement about it?

3 minutes ago, McYves said:

I updated the OP

17579206-7384375-image-a-36_156649665900f95oEeapTXjio3cjPvvvRBaH9jP6GuexuxGlNJNX

McYves
4 minutes ago, Werk said:

I updated the OP

Thanks. I still have no comments. 

TheQueenLG

Good. This is how things like this should be handled. Acknowledge the mistake maturely. 

HoneyB

Him and Camila have a lot in common, huh?

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8974c94fbddbe43e7b63d

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

LordEnigma
9 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

He was literally like 14 when he tweeted that stuff. I’m so sick of our generation expecting perfect political correctness out of everyone 24/7, especially those who were super young at the time of the mistake they made & try holding them accountable for years after. Like Jesus Christ people change, he’s clearly shown he’s not racist. Let the dude move on & live his life ffs

Funny thing is if this was Ed Sheeran, there would be 50 pages dragging him. The bias.

i agree with you on learning to forgive and move on... but we need to do that with everyone not just people we like. 🤷🏻‍♂️

River

Racism in the world is fixed and over now, thank you people for fighting against tweets of a 14 years old boy from 2013:diane:

WE WON GUYS!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

3 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Funny thing is if this was Ed Sheeran, there would be 50 pages dragging him. The bias.

i agree with you on learning to forgive and move on... but we need to do that with everyone not just people we like. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah some people easily get a pass for no reason, and other could get their career destroyed for something less than this. Its basically because this is all fake outrage. If people cared, they would focus cancel culture on actual issues than tweeting teen celebrities past.

Archived