đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lover: 500k pure sales in two days, biggest US seller of the year

Spock

Featured Posts

boiswifty
47 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

Queen deserves her success. Lover is such a flawless album.The only skip is that friendship song. 

Even that sounds refreshing and cosy :madge:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

We'll see how the next week goes. Because this is inexplicably huge sales for an album that had a very under-whelming roll-out with no massive hits on level with previous work. Her fans are out in full-force to ensure she gets that big debut and buying multiple copies but it won't have many legs if the public aren't as into it.

This is why ı keep you saying she doesn't need hits for album sales. Hits meant to move album units. If you still does without albums, what is the point? 

She will have big drop next week because first week numbers are HUGE so it is not surprising. It will already be one of the most selling albums of the year. 

No it is not just fans. She had second biggest fist day debut in spotify for female and looks like she is going to have second most streamed album first week by female. And this is her first album in stream. She is just adapting to it. 

BlingNotTheMusic
19 hours ago, Wifey said:

Hopefully one day she can prove that she can sell albums as a strong person on her own merits instead of using countless victim narratives to promote her albums. 

Not to mention the 4 Target exclusive albums that each fan will buy. This isn't new, they did the same thing with reputation and the 2 versions of the "exclusive" magazine. 

21 hours ago, Oshawott said:

Her pity party gimmick worked. She should thank Scooter Braun. :applause:

Scooter's own clients didn't even reach that big first sales so how did he help her? 

18 hours ago, Wifey said:

You all are so extra. Name one album cycle where she didn’t promote herself as a victim to an ex boyfriend (all her country albums) Kim, Kanye (reputation), Scooter( lover), Katy Perry (1989). 

Just because I find it disgusting, unlikeable behavior doesn’t say anything about me, but you finding her behavior acceptable and her new found marketing love for the LGBT acceptable says a lot about you. I don’t like it and I can and will say my opinion.  PERIOD. 

Did she start Kımye thing? Was she the one who recorded telephone speech for a reason? Kanye was at her worst selling album era, Kim's reality show saw worst ratings at the time. And Taylor ended her peak era. Who needed to PR? At least speak with logic. And all her ex friends net worth combined doesn't worth as hers. She should find bigger "exs" for that ı guess. And since when LGBT support is bigger than conservatives for American singer? Make it make sense. She lost conservative fans. 

6 hours ago, Rio said:

Only recently.

No. She supported LGBT multiple times in past. She sent a letter to her gay fans who just married, she gave monet to LGBT organizations, mean video, singed king of my heart to gay couple for their engagement, her speech at reputation tour for LGBT etc. 

AmericanxDream
2 minutes ago, Gizem said:

Scooter's own clients didn't even reach that big first sales so how did he help her? 

tenor.gif

15 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

Not to mention the 4 Target exclusive albums that each fan will buy. This isn't new, they did the same thing with reputation and the 2 versions of the "exclusive" magazine. 

Do you know why she do that? Because she has demand. If it is that easy to sell with versions, why other artist don't do that. Nobody hold them. And we are talking about 1 million or close first week sales in that climate. More versions doesn't make it less impressive. Selling 1 million now is like selling 1.5 million in 2016. 

1 minute ago, Oshawott said:

tenor.gif

Jokes meant to be funny. Since 1 people laughed and 10 people find it sad, it doesn't look like people find it funny. I am not sure to call it a joke. 

AmericanxDream
10 minutes ago, Gizem said:

Jokes meant to be funny. Since 1 people laughed and 10 people find it sad, it doesn't look like people find it funny. I am not sure to call it a joke. 

Well like 5 people thanked me, so it almost evens out. Those 10 "Sads" were from obsessive Oshawott haters. Kinda sad to see GGD turn into Taylor Daily, though. 

1 hour ago, Oshawott said:

Well like 5 people thanked me, so it almost evens out. Those 10 "Sads" were from obsessive Oshawott haters. Kinda sad to see GGD turn into Taylor Daily, though. 

Saying thank you and finding something funny is so different from each other. 

Seeing that only sad to obsessed Taylor haters or to people who shade Taylor and then call it joke when obsessive Oshawott haters find them. 

ryan gosling lol GIF

LaLuna

Call me a hater, I don't care but honestly, what's so special about her music?

giphy.gif

Lottie Winters
2 hours ago, Gizem said:

Did she start Kımye thing? Was she the one who recorded telephone speech for a reason?

Yes, by lying! There would be no reason to play the recording or even go there if she hadn’t made such a big deal out of it and used it to propel yet another victim narrative.

BlingNotTheMusic
3 hours ago, Gizem said:

Do you know why she do that? Because she has demand. If it is that easy to sell with versions, why other artist don't do that. Nobody hold them. And we are talking about 1 million or close first week sales in that climate. More versions doesn't make it less impressive. Selling 1 million now is like selling 1.5 million in 2016. 

The point is that Taylor's team knows she has the type of fanbase that would by all 4 versions of her album. It's a marketing ploy to increase sales. Therefore it's not selling based on the quality of the album or concept. It's more about numbers for them and that's ok. :ohwell:

gagarox
10 hours ago, spacez said:

Then you waste your energy believing in something that is probably staged... While Tay and Scott are laughing at all of you. You called me misogynist for what? For pointing that she's using marketing as an artist and playing a role? That's what happens when specific words become popular. 

what proof do u have that this is all staged? id rather believe taylor over an internet troll

Lottie Winters
14 hours ago, Versace said:

I find it rich that those who say Taylor plays the victim with every album, proceed to play the victim with their posts. 

I have to shut up before I get accused of silencing lol 

Edit: Thank you for knowing and laughing at yourself. 

I’m laughing at YOU. I’ve seen you personally attack people left and right and I think it’s hilarious that my posts always get a reaction out of you. Once you attacked me personally, i completely stopped taking you seriously.

Attacking people’s families or the way they speak English over their opinion of a pop star is incredibly toxic and unwarranted. It clearly doesn’t take much for you to go there.

I understand that puberty is hard, it was hard for me too. Once your hormones even out a bit at 18, petty nonsense on a forum isn’t that deep and won’t effect you so much. 

Archived