Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gypsy is a Flawless song

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

the production, the vocals, the lyrics, the instruments, her tone everything about this song is like angelic to my ears. When I first heard it sitting in my living room in 2013 when she performed it in Germany it made me bawl my eyes out and I swore forever this would be my favorite song of all time and it has been ever since. I even have a pillow with the lyrics "I don't wanna be alone forever but I can be tonight" embroidered that my best friend gave me for Christmas last year. I just love this song so much and it means the world to me and I will guard it with my life till the day I die. 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Haus Swiftie said:

I even have a pillow with the lyrics "I don't wanna be alone forever but I can be tonight" embroidered that my best friend gave me for Christmas last year.

Literally was just about to comment this lyric

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSs

I love how happy Gaga is when she sings Gypsy.  She just beams.  OMG, the emotion.  I often cry through Gypsy and Hair.

I live outside the space time continuum.

WORLDofGAGA

It’s sooo good, I love how it starts slow and the explodes, it’s  sad but also happy. I was so surprised hearing it for the first time studio version because the live version she performed was more slow and stripped back, but the studio version made it even better, it turned into this uptempo song! Forever one of my favourites :heart:

@W0RLDofGAGA

derpmonster
1 minute ago, IHE said:

Gypsy is a slur. 

Yeah :( that's the most unfortunate part of it. I LOVE this song.

But Gypsy doesn't mean nomad, although that's what Gaga used it as. The gypsies were nomads and they were called gypsies in a derogatory manner. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

gumzy3000

For some reason, my brain thought you were talking about the Fleetwood Mac song with the same title and I got so excited because I love that song :selena:

trolly troll troll

Sassy McSass

It’s maybe my favorite Gaga songs. I love it so much because it makes me think about the story of how my parents met and got together, going on 36 years so far. “I’m a man without a home but I think with you I could spend my life” :heart:

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

Pop Music
1 minute ago, Sassy McSass said:

It’s maybe my favorite Gaga songs. I love it so much because it makes me think about the story of how my parents met and got together, going on 36 years so far. “I’m a man without a home but I think with you I could spend my life” :heart:

never thought of it that way. I always picture it to be a song about loneliness but finding love and company through music and travel. I always play it when I'm having bad anxiety attacks or am having a really depressed day and it lifts me back up. 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Bonkers

I was just having a prison fantasy about Mark Wahlberg while listening to this song and I totally agree with you.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

derpmonster

You know it's one of the few Gaga songs with a linear storyline and progression which is what also makes it great. It's almost a Taylor Swift song lyrically. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

seashellplay

Gypsy seems to be, the most popular ARTPOP song among the fandom. People either adore Venus or Gypsy, both songs produced by Madeon. But out of the radio friendly songs™ I like ARTPOP (song) more. We also got the whole Gypsy Gaga character :lana::lana::lana::lana::lana::lana::lana:

LilyLark
25 minutes ago, IHE said:

Gypsy is a slur. 

Up until two years ago, it wasn't considered a slur at all in the US and many don't realize it's a slur even today. It was very common as a descriptor for songs, clothes, book titles, etc. There was a bit of a media story in the U S because two celebrities, I think it was Mark Ruffalo and Elizabeth Olsen for Avengers, used the word on a British talk show and the host had to explain it was considered inappropriate...and so more people know nowadays since the news talked about it.

I think Gaga's more aware now because she hasn't played it at Enigma or Joanne. It's a shame she didn't use a different word, like nomad or traveler, since it's a great song.

seashellplay
Just now, derpmonster said:

You know it's one of the few Gaga songs with a linear storyline and progression which is what also makes it great. It's almost a Taylor Swift song lyrically. 

Sagittarius is represented by the Travelling Gypsy - Y'all know what zodiac Tay is :ally:

Archived