💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

#ShawnMendesIsOverParty

brownie

Featured Posts

GoldenPonyboy

The issue is that even if he is gay, im only guessing he wouldnt be coming out because of pressure from his manager and label telling him that he cant because he wouldnt be successful. This must be so anxiety inducing. I was gay in high school and still trying to hide it and i was nervous about everything that could clue in people. I just cant imagine how he is feeling. And if he is straight, it must be so annoying trying to navigate this

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheRealJT
7 hours ago, Adakam said:

He is in a very hard spot, this pressure about his sexuality has gone too far.

BUT lets be real, he has handled it in the worst way possible.

He almost has a #1 song and a lot of publicity even thought him and his music is as bland as mayonnaise. Sounds like a good spot for him 

MrDarkGa

Its wrong for anyone to assume the sexuality of another, and it must be frustrating for him as its almost becoming fetish for 90% of his fans alone.

HOWEVER, he has handled it in a way that makes it way too easy to call him a homophobe or having homophobia, as his own interviews and articles paint the picture of him, in his own words, having panic attacks at "Love, Simon", altering his behaviour by scurtinizing playbacks of his own interviews etc for small feminine traits and having nightmares about it all, aka, stress and FEAR responses. It does sound like an internalized homophobic response as well to a degree but it has definitely been blown up too big.

Adding to that, it also doesnt send a good message to youth or closetted LGBTQIA+ when he is one of the biggest male names in pop music at the moment. He could be sending the message that being gay or even untraditionally macho behaviours is something to be feared and altered at every chance you get. 

Runway

I mean when he says things like he had to leave Love Simon because it gave him a panic attack and that he was so ashamed when Taylor Swift posted a video of him wearing  make up people will obviously think he’s closeted :sharon:

pink sushi

Isn’t his fan base like 90% horny teenage girls? Why would they be upset that he’s straight?! :air: 

DeleteMyAccount

Except he is problematic with his angst against gay rumors...

and then you have this SeĂąorita promo which he has no issue creating speculation over...

Lextyr97
9 hours ago, Adakam said:

He is in a very hard spot, this pressure about his sexuality has gone too far.

BUT lets be real, he has handled it in the worst way possible.

I feel bad about those tweets within the trend but yeah. I lost complete respect for Shawn due to the way he handled the situation. I sold my concert ticket to make a statement

HeavyyMetalVenuss
4 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

People tried to tell me I was gay in high school. I was not ready at all to even start thinking about sexuality at that point. But people kept telling me I was gay. Every single day. At that point I had no reason to believe I was - I genuinely thought I only liked girls. And they made me feel ashamed for supposedly liking boys. 

Fast forward to now. I'm 27 years old. After many years of anxiety and confusion I now identify as bi. I might be gay. But I truly can't tell anymore, because people put so much shame and denial in my head. Their words still mess with how I see myself, because I wasn't given the opportunity to figure it out on my own terms. Which fed into my depression, and caused a psychological shitstorm that has now lasted about 15 years.

Telling strangers who they're supposed to be is wrong. Forcing them to identify as something is wrong - especially if you don't know the facts. 

Maybe you're right about Shawn. You can never know for sure. But it's not your place to tell him. You don't know him, and this is an extremely personal matter.

It's. None. Of. Your. Business.

i’m so sorry you had to go through that, i’m in high school at the moment and i’ve been in the same boat as you for a while. my own friends have continually told me i’m gay because of my personal preferences in music and whatnot. even knowing i was straight for the longest time it makes me question myself if i am bi or even completely gay.

it resonates with me when i see shawn keep on denying that he is gay, and how we wanted that picture of him wearing eye makeup deleted. it isn’t because of “fragile masculinity,” it’s because he doesn’t want to give the people that keep on insisting he’s gay, more fuel to keep their arguments going!

as for the racist tweets, i personally believe 14-15 is old enough to know better, but there’s still room for an apology to be valid.

but for people saying he’s homophobic, it brings up the toxic argument of “i think you’re gay, and if you’re not, you’re homophobic because you don’t say yes.” it’s similar to how some transgender people say how if people don’t want a serious relationship with them, they’re transphobic. it’s essentially trapping people into saying yes in fear of being ostracized or labelled as a bad person.

seriously, leave shawn alone. coming from experience, taking a joke about being gay is hard when you’ve been harassed about it for as long as you can remember. if he says he’s straight, respect his word and move on with yourselves

Cake like Malibu Gaga

FameHookah
7 hours ago, MrDarkGa said:

Its wrong for anyone to assume the sexuality of another, and it must be frustrating for him as its almost becoming fetish for 90% of his fans alone.

HOWEVER, he has handled it in a way that makes it way too easy to call him a homophobe or having homophobia, as his own interviews and articles paint the picture of him, in his own words, having panic attacks at "Love, Simon", altering his behaviour by scurtinizing playbacks of his own interviews etc for small feminine traits and having nightmares about it all, aka, stress and FEAR responses. It does sound like an internalized homophobic response as well to a degree but it has definitely been blown up too big.

Adding to that, it also doesnt send a good message to youth or closetted LGBTQIA+ when he is one of the biggest male names in pop music at the moment. He could be sending the message that being gay or even untraditionally macho behaviours is something to be feared and altered at every chance you get. 

This.. thats why he should have staid quiet..

Its sends a wrong message.

WTF is MDNA

7 hours ago, Runway said:

I mean when he says things like he had to leave Love Simon because it gave him a panic attack

Did he really say that? Damn then it means he's tryna figure out his sexuality, or he's scared of it 

Queen Bitch
11 hours ago, FameHookah said:

He clearly hates himself for being gay its obvious.. maybe he is in denial or maybe his label doesnt let him come out idk but those interviews and the whole Camila pr thing are a mess..

What are you basing this on? Also no, he doesn’t clearly hate himself for being gay. There is no reason to believe he is gay. 

andy232000
3 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

Did he really say that? Damn then it means he's tryna figure out his sexuality, or he's scared of it 

No, he was anxious cause "In My Blood" came out while he was at the movies and that song talks about his anxiety. Releasing the song to the world made him have the panic attack and he just happened to be at the movies when it happened. He cleared that up but the media is twisting it 

Archived