Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Taylor Swift’s Paper Rings Copied Hilary Duff‘s Breathe In. Breathe Out.

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss

I feel kind of embarrassed now that Paper Rings was my favourite of the album. But I think Cornelia Street and The Man are taking over anyway. That melody is exactly the same. 

Dominic

BIBO is honestly one of the best pop albums I've ever heard. Every track is killer, truly an underrated gem that deserves so much more success. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

LeJudas
Just now, BBhomemaker said:

Michelle is that you gurl? :oprah:

Free range salads and organic beef for all. 

#vote2020 Michelle Whaleiams

BBhomemaker
1 minute ago, LeJudas said:

Free range salads and organic beef for all. 

#vote2020 Michelle Whaleiams

giphy.gif

Antoni

What was the song from reputation that copied BIBO?

Edit: In Getaway Car, she sings "x marks the spot where we fell apart," which I KNEW was from BIBO but I never knew she admitted it or that it was confirmed she stole it. Wow, girl. 

My name isn't Timmers

Roboboy
1 hour ago, River said:

fine, so ask for permission to sample and credit the songwriters who did it before :poot:

And you can't hit the same bird twice and say that you didn't shoot it :awkney:

nahhh. that's not the point. what i'm saying is, literally any pop song will have similarites to another. to try and chase down the songwriter for every single melody is unnecessary, not viable, and you wouldn't be able to find everyone with a similar melody. It's a recipe for the disaster of music to have that mindset.

Pop Music

the first time I listened to paper rings I heard the same thing. They are similar but are different enough to not be copied or anything.

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

2School4Cool

This happens all the time, I doubt Taylor intentionally stole a melody, if she did she would have given them songwriting credits. Like the line in ASIB, “Jack talked about how music is essentially 12 notes between any octave. 12 notes and the octave repeats. It’s the same story told over and over.” That quote isn’t about this kind of situation at all, but it’s still true. There are only so many notes and only so many ways to interpret them, so sometimes melodies will repeat or sound similar. I hope this doesn’t turn into a lawsuit, I’m so tired of all these artists being sued all the time. 

See The Best In Everyone

Archived