Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Review Taylor Swift's Lover [7]

duckworth

How was it?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. How was it?

• Amazing!! She's really serving this era!
    • Meh.
    • Really bad.

Featured Posts

A Hybrid

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince is so much like Lorde’s “Team” and “Tennis Court”

No family’s safe when I sashay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beaublue

I liked most of the album now that I’ve listened a few more times. Not to mention one of my fav songs from the album, The Man, is now trending worldwide with almost 1 million tweets! 2 other favs, London Boy & I Think He Knows, are also trending with 25k & 15k tweets worldwide! Congrats Taylor!

Mr Mirko

Honestly I love reputation. Not way more than this but I dare to say reputation is of better quality. Edgy dareing sexual in your face as Tay could've get.

There is some kinda bubbly pop feel to this one.

My favorites are Lover, YNTCD, False God and I did not expect to fall for this one. Even Americana sounds fine, love the quotes in London Boy;

The Archer happens to be my tune. Love that sound, lyrics. Wish that album sounded like this one. Instad of synth dream pop she kinda fell inbetween red and speak now, not even anthemic and powerful as they were. People even compared songs to Reputation. Can't come close 1989  I expected more.

5/10

Mr Mirko
1 hour ago, Taylucifer said:

reputation>>>>>>>>Lover 

For me there are no skips on reputation however there are quite a few on Lover. The songs which are good however do compete with reputation.

My man ! 

DelusionalGaga

To put it in Taylor's words: it isn't love, it isn't hate, it's just indifference. The highs are not as high as on 1989,the lows are not a offensive as on reputation. The lyricism is not as bad as I thought it would be but we've heard better on Speak Now and Red. It's all somehow very mellow and bland,and it doesn't help that the album seems endlessly long. Standouts for me so far are: Cruel Summer, The Man, Cornelia Street, False God and Afterglow. 

SHALLOW
2 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

I forgot that you existed, the man, the archer, me, soon you'll get better and you need to calm down aren't romantic 

They still deal with relationships that used to be romantic tho and the production is so meeeeh that i can’t bother listening to them again

FlopSlurper
11 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

They still deal with relationships that used to be romantic tho and the production is so meeeeh that i can’t bother listening to them again

they don't though

I forgot you existed: about anyone who did her wrong

the Man: gender inequality 

the Archer: about her insecurities 

me: self love

soon you'll get better: about her mother and cancer

you need to calm down: homophobia and stan twitter

Boyboi12

The Album faded towards the end! For me, it’s too long and should have stopped around track 12. Solid B overall! 

Drin Lon
2 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

There isn't one bad song in the album and she snapped with The Man and Miss Americana

This tea :applause:

Glamourpuss

I really like it. It has an ethereal feel to it and I like that she nails that "in love" feeling. I think it's better than Reputation but 1989 and Red still remain as my favourites. 

Paper Rings is so cute. 

Phoebe Buffay

Lover > reputation

Maybe reputation's highs outsell everything on Lover but its lows are REALLY low (This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, Dress, Gorgeous, End Game).

Don't have any least favorites except I Think He Knows.

Favorites: Cruel Summer, The Man, The Archer, Miss Americana, Cornelia Street, Soon You'll Get Better (my eyes were sweating), False God (Dress' richer and more beautiful sister), You Need to Calm Down, Afterglow, ME! (it's so so much better without the cringy "Hey kids spelling is fun" line), It's Nice to Have a Friend and Daylight. :giveup:

Overall a 8/10. :golfclap:

Glamourpuss

To all the people who don't like it or think it's "meh", I really think it's a grower album and you're likely to enjoy it more after a few listens. 

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

they don't though

I forgot you existed: about anyone who did her wrong

the Man: gender inequality 

the Archer: about her insecurities 

me: self love

soon you'll get better: about her mother and cancer

you need to calm down: homophobia and stan twitter

They still feel very sweet and cheesy for me. I liked YNTCD but i’m already over it

• duckworth changed the title to Review Taylor Swift's Lover [7]

Archived