Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Review Taylor Swift's Lover [7]

duckworth

How was it?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. How was it?

• Amazing!! She's really serving this era!
    • Meh.
    • Really bad.

Featured Posts

RenegAde
6 minutes ago, Marges said:

My favourites: I Think He Knows, Miss Americana and Cornelia Street

Least favourites: Cruel Summer, ME! 

In overall it‘s a good album. Would give it s 7,5-8/10

Is cruel summer another cover of the cruel summer i havnt listened to the album 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Max
5 minutes ago, RenegAde2888 said:

Is cruel summer another cover of the cruel summer i havnt listened to the album 

I don‘t know another Cruel Summer song, so I can‘t say haha

Sorcerer

There are REALLY good songs, but there's a bunch of songs that did not make an impression. I'll give it a 6/10. So I guess.. meh?

Gypsygaga1

In my opinion, it is in her Top 3 right next to 1989 and Red.

My favorites are The Man, Miss Americana&The Heartbreak Prince, Cornelia Streets and Cruel Summer

Perfect Ilusion

Taylucifer

reputation>>>>>>>>Lover 

For me there are no skips on reputation however there are quite a few on Lover. The songs which are good however do compete with reputation.

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

SHALLOW

I mean, I should’ve imagined that I wouldn’t have liked it from the title but i still had hope that maybe few songs were not going to be romantic :huntyga:

FlopSlurper

There isn't one bad song in the album and she snapped with The Man and Miss Americana

FlopSlurper
12 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I mean, I should’ve imagined that I wouldn’t have liked it from the title but i still had hope that maybe few songs were not going to be romantic :huntyga:

I forgot that you existed, the man, the archer, me, soon you'll get better and you need to calm down aren't romantic 

dllcll

I would say 7 - 7.5 like it’s a cute album but idk

my favorites : false god, cruel summer, afterglow, the archer, i think he knows

III

LateToCult

Overall I think Lover is a very solid album. The worst tracks on this album are better than the worst tracks on Reputation but it doesn’t have as many GREAT songs as the rest of her albums except for self-titled (all imo of course).

These are my favorite tracks off the album.

6.) The Man

Is the idea new? No. Is it a groundbreaking track? No. However, I love the attitude Taylor has throughout the song. First time I heard it I thought she said “alpha d**e” not “alpha type.” :poot: Also literally the first time I’ve heard Taylor say B*tches. A good track imo.

5.) Soon You’ll Get Better ft. The Dixie Chicks

The track is pretty straight forward. It’s emotional though and hit me hard in the feels. If I start thinking too much about it I’ll literally start to cry. It’s a song that everyone will be able to relate to at one point in their life.

4.) False God

I feel this track. The small saxophone hear and there is perfect and really gets me in a slow dance type of mood. I’ll b be listening to this track A LOT.

3.) Afterglow

This feels like the most 1989 track on the album, which is always a good thing in my book. “I don’t wanna do, I don’t wanna do this to you, I don’t wanna lose, I don’t wanna lose this with you” is catchy af. Another song I’m gonna be listening to A LOT. 

2.) The Archer

It took me a few listens to get used to the song but but I’ve fallen completely in love with it. I play it WAY too much but I just can’t get enough.

1.) Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

My favorite song on the album. I don’t know what it is about it but I can listen to it over and over again. It kind of reminds me of old school Taylor in theme but the sound is contemporary Taylor. It edges out The Archer by just a little bit but they’re both among my top 10 favorite Taylor tracks as of now. 

ArtGagaPop

For me it's meh, i didn't mind any of the tracks but there is nothing i would go out for and listen to again. Maybe i need to give it a few more listens and it will grow on me. 

Lextyr97

It’s okay. The album feels unnecessary to me. A lot of the songs literally made me ask why did she release this? It’s hard to explain. There’s substance but it doesn’t feel like Taylor has connection to said substance. There are standouts though of course. The album should have been 11 or so songs short but we know Taylor loves to release 5788884 songs per album. There are a lot of skips here. 6/10 for me

Versace

It's honestly better than I expected. Initially I was worried since I love all her other albums so much. I can confidently say I enjoy this album more than RED and Speak Now. Maybe it's cause I just love Pop more than Country. Now I am in the process of trying to figure out if I like Lover or Reputation more. Thing is they’re literally opposites, one is her darkest and the other is literally her most romantic. Depending on my mood, I'll enjoy one more than the other. So for now it's a tie. 1989 remains untouchable. 

MonsterPaws

I just started listening to the album (about to finish Cruel Summer as I'm typing this).

Could you add something between the three poll choices? The 2 songs so far plus everything released so far makes me think "Good" not "Meh" or "Amazing."

The poll just needs more options, even a 1 to 10 scale would be better and easier if you plan on compiling the results :gayhat:

Illuminati

I was very excited to hear it cause I knew I would enjoy it and it ended up being even better than I expected! It's so light and positive and fun. This along with Norman F Rockwell are definitely my favorite albums of the year.

• duckworth changed the title to Review Taylor Swift's Lover [7]

Archived