• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lost in limbo

idk which one to pick so I'm just gonna say she has GREAT album closers

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

TheQueenEnthusiast

The Edge of Glory = Applause >>>> Angel Down >>> Other endings >>>> Teeth

I feel like The Edge of Glory wrapped up the ending of Born This Way so well. The album itself gave us this journey of self-acceptance, unwavering love and feminism & then it ends with this BANG that is TEOG. Always brings a sense of nostalgia. <3

Applause is another perfectly placed closer. The "A-R-T-P-O-P" ending speaks for it. 

Angel Down is such a beautiful song. Not really much to say about that tho even though it obviously has substance. 

Teeth feels out of place. I feel like Dance in the Dark should've ended TFM because of it's ending and the mentioning of icons of fame. The "Together we'll dance in the dark" & "Baby loves to dance, loves to dance in the dark" is just... too powerful.. truly... hurts my heart all the time. IMO, TFM is meant to be a sad album and nothing is sadder/scarier than the fear of the monster embodying one-self/ego. 

gumzy3000

The Edge of Glory! It's an epic ending to an epic album. She was literally on the edge of glory for giving us such a masterpiece :flutter:

trolly troll troll

MonsterMom

Applause, TEOG, Angel Down and INLA all tie for me as epic endings, but if I have to choose I choose applause because it is her only album that tells a story.  There could be no other song to end ARTPOP with :tony:

Isidro Guevara

TEOG>Applause>Just Another Day>Summerboy>Teeth

I'll WRECK U right Up...G.U.Y.!!!🌋💥

brucee

applause because it makes me want to spin the record again. 

When Aura comes back it's like so on point.... 

hello hello baby.

Madame Goo Goo

I don't count Disco Heaven as the closer of The Fame, since its only certain deluxe/international additions. The real closer is Summerboy. If you count Disco Heaven as the closer of The Fame, then Angel Down (Worktape) is the closer of Joanne.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

RochestrMonstr

They are pretty much all amazing songs, but TEOG wins for me.  I don’t think there could be a more perfect ending to any album ever.

INLA is a close second. That one speaks for itself. 

Angel Down’s Worktape has amazing raw vocals. I prefer it to the other version. I actually think MR or even Joanne itself would have been better as the closing song though.  

Applause is a perfect ending to ARTPOP, though it’s never been a favorite song of mine.

I think DITD would have been a more powerful ending to TFM. 

Summerboy and Disco Heaven are both ok I guess. I don’t think it matters which song is the closing song on TF.

Archived