music news

Billboard: Lover 600k-750k

Spock

Featured Posts

Runway
2 hours ago, Saint Gaga said:

In *pure sales only😘😘 

Thank you for proving me right sis :heart:

Now go give it a quick lil stream to boyfriend, it free fell 11 spots in its second week 😭

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
calmar

This thread is why people get sick of Gagadaily.

äżșăźć‹ćˆ©ăŻæșるぎăȘい

PeachJug

idk about u guys but I definitely have faith that Gaga can sell like this again.

but she doesn't do it for the bling, she follows her passion and that's what is most important

LilyLark
9 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

if it was released in 2014, ASIB (6M copies sold) would have easily sold over 10m copies, so I don't think that it's a fair comparison ; correct me if I misunderstood something :) 

I'm also 95% sure My Everything didn't outsell ASIB....I just looked and it opened with 169k copies in 2014 while ASIB opened with 231k in 2019. Both went double platinum, but ASIB went double platinum before My Everything in less time....

This isn't shade towards Ariana...I actually like Ariana's music, but her numbers were fairly normal until TUN and her albums don't have that much longevity. She's more of a singles artist, like Rihanna, than an album artist, but Rihanna's albums  also had more longevity. Anyway, I don't get the idea that she outsold or is way ahead of her contemporaries (which the stans and media kind of push) because despite her insane media coverage she sold around the same as Billie and less than The Jonas Brothers.

LilyLark
6 hours ago, calmar said:

This thread is why people get sick of Gagadaily.

Yeah, people switch between dragging Taylor or dragging Gaga or dragging both smdh.  Negativity central.

KatieJudasGaga4
22 hours ago, Saint Gaga said:

My Everything outsold ARTPOP,Joanne, C2C & ASIB🙌

Okay? My Everything sold 10m in 6 years when ASIB already sold half of that in less than a year. It will eventually surpass it. Not trying to downgrade Ariana, since I do like her, but please have an actual fair comparison.

LilyLark
9 hours ago, SimonSays said:

This fanbase will reach 300k at best :laughga: we should considerate that we probably won't get any special packaging of the album, like the ones Taylor does. There isn't a reason to buy 20 copies really lol. We aren't as strong as we want to be. 

LBR little monsters are not the most supportive fans, either. Not saying fans have to love everything, but when Perfect Illusion debuted so many were on social media dragging it to filth and it definitely dampened the buzz—even with the general public—because the negative social media sh*t was picked up by journalists, etc. and there were "fans are disappointed with Gaga" posts. A reasonable reaction, if someone didn't like it, would have been to not tweet about it or one negative tweet—instead some fans were posting 10-20 dramatic tweets about how the song was the worst, the album is going to suck, etc. Monsters also often play youtube videos, etc. that don't count towards streams...that's on Gaga's team, though, because they should be trying to have that sh*t yanked.

I feel like Gaga could debut with 300-450k. She has a narrower fan base than Adele and Taylor and monsters tend to be 25+ (so were aren't rigging sh*t to stream all night or whatever). But if the music is somewhat mainstream, the lead single is a hit, and she does some sort of bundling or "special versions" like Taylor I really think she could hit up in the 400s.

*As someone who likes Perfect Illusion, I never got the strong backlash towards it from some fans.

LUO YI
2 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

LBR little monsters are not the most supportive fans, either. Not saying fans have to love everything, but when Perfect Illusion debuted so many were on social media dragging it to filth and it definitely dampened the buzz—even with the general public—because the negative social media sh*t was picked up by journalists, etc. and there were "fans are disappointed with Gaga" posts. A reasonable reaction, if someone didn't like it, would have been to not tweet about it or one negative tweet—instead some fans were posting 10-20 dramatic tweets about how the song was the worst, the album is going to suck, etc. Monsters also often play youtube videos, etc. that don't count towards streams...that's on Gaga's team, though, because they should be trying to have that sh*t yanked.

I feel like Gaga could debut with 300-450k. She has a narrower fan base than Adele and Taylor and monsters tend to be 25+ (so were aren't rigging sh*t to stream all night or whatever). But if the music is somewhat mainstream, the lead single is a hit, and she does some sort of bundling or "special versions" like Taylor I really think she could hit up in the 400s.

*As someone who likes Perfect Illusion, I never got the strong backlash towards it from some fans.

Okay I totally forgot about that :saladga: you're so right. 

The night sky tells all

JusKeepBreathin
On 8/23/2019 at 4:08 PM, ANTI WP said:

Dont worry ... soon she will if she continues releasing shitty music 

The shade towards gaga is tiring .... she faded because of supporting lgbt community ....she literally damaged her mainstream career for sake of gay kids ....

Girl please. It's not 1984.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
On 8/23/2019 at 6:40 PM, Runway said:

Thank you for proving me right sis :heart:

Now go give it a quick lil stream to boyfriend, it free fell 11 spots in its second week 😭

Girl please in 2018 ME was at 735k and ARTPOP was at 755k. The difference is that ME didn't almost bankrupt Interscope Music with promo costs and ME sold five times as many singles as ARTPOP

Only one of those two albums actually made money for their record label. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8218920/-lady-gaga-sales-number-2-hot-100-hits-ed-sheeran-record-ask-billboard

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8363518/ariana-grande-career-album-song-sales-ask-billboard

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Runway
6 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Girl please in 2018 ME was at 735k and ARTPOP was at 755k. T

Wrong

The difference is that ME didn't almost bankrupt Interscope Music with promo costs and ME sold five times as many singles as ARTPOP

Wrong x2... this is a myth created by OGH with no way of factually verifying this info..... If your source is angela cheng, then sure 😂

ME sold five times as many singles as ARTPOP

We talking about album sales here henny don’t just deviate because your fave's best selling record is only catching up with Gaga’s worst era after 5 years 😭

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, Runway said:

Wrong

Wrong x2... this is a myth created by OGH with no way of factually verifying this info..... If your source is angela cheng, then sure 😂

We talking about album sales here henny don’t just deviate because your fave's best selling record is only catching up with Gaga’s worst era after 5 years 😭

Why are you trying so hard girl. I did say my numbers were from 2018. ME has also sold more since then especially since it re-entered the top 100 albums in 2019. What's your problem. I mean your fave is Selena. That's what you are really mad at or did you think I'd forget about that because that was our back and forth in 2015 in the charts thread. 

All this trashing Ariana in favor of Gaga is really about the fact that she's doing way better than your "fave.":ohwell:

How's Selener doing these days?

Also what the hell are we even arguing about no one cares about ME or ARTPOP anymore. Especially Gaga. She paid ARTPOP dust at the Superbowl. 

Archived