Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard: Lover 600k-750k

Spock

Featured Posts

15 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

She already has with BTW. Even without the Amazon discount, it would've still sold over 600k

That's past honey. I'm speaking of present. Lover  is from 2019 not 2011. Besides it was only one time whereas Taylor did 4 times. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Widows Kiss
44 minutes ago, Sumeet said:

That's past honey. I'm speaking of present. Lover  is from 2019 not 2011. Besides it was only one time whereas Taylor did 3 times. 

Four times actually. Speak Now, Red, 1989 and reputation all opened with 1M+ units sold.

LilyLark

Anyone calling this a flop because she might not reach her previous peaks is delusional—not one single artist can reach their previous peak with streaming. Gaga, Beyonce, Rihanna, and Ariana can't come close to Taylor and Adele with album sales nowadays—and no, I'm not shading Gaga (unlike some of you) as she's my favorite. Just because Taylor and Adele are more mainstream friendly (very few explicit lyrics) doesn't mean it's still not incredible.

And yes, Taylor gets a lot of press attention—but so does Ariana and Bey and even Billie nowadays—and a fair amount of Taylor's isn't that friendly (tbf, Taylor got glowing press in the past and still benefits from white privilege and being a conventional straight woman). While only 5-7% of the US is on twitter and not even that many people pay attention to entertainment news, mainstream media ran some semi shady articles on her (nothing like twitter, but it was still there) and that does have an impact.  And she's still outselling Billie and Ariana by 2-3x as much, and that's a lowball....she could sell even more than that....

8 hours ago, Widows Kiss said:

Four times actually. Speak Now, Red, 1989 and reputation all opened with 1M+ units sold.

Ya four times. Thanks for correcting me. 

doppelganger

My guesstimate is spot on. This is really impressive to be honest.

Will it have longevity though? 

Runway
12 hours ago, Saint Gaga said:

My Everything outsold ARTPOP,Joanne, C2C & ASIB🙌

We are talking about US pure sales henny so no :toofunny:

call me when Ariana can achieve a 1 million selling album without the help of streaming hihi

Saint Gaga
8 minutes ago, Runway said:

call me when Ariana can achieve a 1 million selling album without the help of streaming hihi

Who cares about pure sales in 2019:lmao:

Saint Gaga
10 minutes ago, Runway said:

Without the help of streaming??  Honey, this is streaming era & the major music consumption platforms are spotify & Apple music.Stop being stuck in 2011.

Gimme More

i can't at people who have the audacity to call this a 'flop' :saladga:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

The Z
20 hours ago, Whispering said:

Even if she doesn’t get a million, this is way more than any other artist (other than Adele) can sell nowadays. 

Taylor and Adele remain the exceptions, with Adele breaking all the rules.

I'm not 100% sure Adele will debut with a million copies sold with her next album… Of course it will still destroy everyone else, but I guess it depends on the quality and success of the single since this release is nowhere nearly close to 25's hype… fow now. The music climate is changing very quickly, and it's been a while since the release of 25.

Runway
5 minutes ago, Saint Gaga said:

Without the help of streaming??  Honey, this is streaming era & the major music consumption platforms are spotify & Apple music.Stop being stuck in 2011.

Okay and? I just stated a statistic: that Ariana doesn’t have an album that has outsold ARTPOP in actual sales, which is factual, you getting bothered about it is not my problem :toofunny:

The Z
12 hours ago, Saint Gaga said:

My Everything outsold ARTPOP,Joanne, C2C & ASIB🙌

if it was released in 2014, ASIB (6M copies sold) would have easily sold over 10m copies, so I don't think that it's a fair comparison ; correct me if I misunderstood something :) 

Archived