new video

Lana Del Rey - **** It I Love You/ The Greatest MV

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

The greatest on repeat. Hands down one of if not the best song of the year. 

Ryusei

Ah so good, can't wait for the full album next week, her expressions and the music video vibe with the songs :giveup: 

Musery

Eh. I’ll pretend FIILY doesn’t exist. The Greatest is a beautiful song, vocals and lyrics but then she mentions Kanye and says ‘lit’...Lana the lyrical genius using lit :flop:

I feel like she’s very uninspired for this album. None of the songs she released have that umph to really stand out.

ANTI WP
8 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

The greatest on repeat. Hands down one of if not the best song of the year. 

Bille stan having a good taste in music??? 

:golfclap:

Spoiler

Jk :hug:

Opulence
1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Eh. I’ll pretend FIILY doesn’t exist. The Greatest is a beautiful song, vocals and lyrics but then she mentions Kanye and says ‘lit’...Lana the lyrical genius using lit :flop:

I feel like she’s very uninspired for this album. None of the songs she released have that umph to really stand out.

I feel the opposite about this album? The greatest, MAC and Hope are up there lyrically with her best work. If anything this album is sounding a lot more cohesive than L4L which was a bit all over the place musically

swakby

F*** It I love You is a grower, The Greatest is the obvious choice and one of the year's highlights.

It kind of reminds me of when she released Shades of Cool / Brooklyn Baby and no one was here for Shades Of Cool :interestinga:

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, swakby said:

F*** It I love You is a grower, The Greatest is the obvious choice and one of the year's highlights.

It kind of reminds me of when she released Shades of Cool / Brooklyn Baby and no one was here for Shades Of Cool :interestinga:

Or at how people preferred Venice Bitch over MAC. I think it the end it will be **** it I love you the one that gets the more love.

Poissonche

Listening to these two new songs, Never F*cking Release is definitely shaping up to be Lana's best album yet. Ok, I say it for every album of hers, since everything she puts out is amazing, but this time it's truer. There is just something in the musicality that has evolved a lot; she let herself out of her comfort zone as she had not done since Ultraviolence, I think. But now it's better, since she has more experience. And compared to Born to Die, her singing abilities have definitely improved. We could already hear it live, but she did not show it as much in the recordings as she's doing now with NFR.

What I like the most about the video, of course with its beautiful visuals and the feels it gives a little, is these two songs paired together; that bitch knew what she was doing. F*ck it I love you really has this mood, that you're lost, without saying it. Everything feels messy, the beat feels messy - not the song itself, it just translates really well the feeling of being lost and messed up. And The greatest is the actual realization of that you're real f*cking lost and now you feel nostalgic. I know sometimes I don't make sense, so I'll just put it this way: F*ck it I love you is when you feel "whatthe****whatthe****whatthe****whatthe****" and The greatest is when you then feel "OH WHAT THE F*CK". I don't know, that's how I see it.

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

The Greatest is a beautiful song, vocals and lyrics but then she mentions Kanye and says ‘lit’...Lana the lyrical genius using lit :flop:

[cut the rest of your post since this is the only part I'm going to address since even though I don't agree with it's your own opinion and you have every right to express said opinion. maybe would add though with lyrical genius - now uninspired - soft ice cream coney island red dress - not that she's not a genius, just that her inspiration sometimes went in the same direction]

These lyrics, I will give that to you, might make the song sound dated in a couple years. But The greatest is all about realizing how everything has gotten f*cked up now, I think? So she says "the culture is lit", but it feels ironical. She does not actually feel it's that "lit". We all know that, since Trump's election, something big has changed in Lana. It f*cked up her narrative of "sad American girl" - she realized that everything that gave her enough comfort to just concentrate on her sad girl vibes and sad relationships just was not that steady - the world is getting f*cked up.

"Hawaii just missed that fire ball / LA's in flames it's getting hot / Kanye West is blond and gone / Life On Mars? ain't just a song". Here, she lists clear proofs the world has been taking a huge turn. Things just aren't the same as they used to. The part about Hawaii must be about that false attack alarm, which means we just can't stay rested anymore in these times. The part about LA is, to me, about global warming. "Life On Mars? ain't just a song" is about life on Mars (or on another planet) could now be a possibility, and even, a necessity, again, due to climate change. So, what's Kanye doing here? Well, Lana held him up to a high standard. Take a look:

She qualifies Kanye West's support for Trump as a "loss for the culture" - which means, mentioning Kanye West in this song just adds to express, for her, how everything has gone wrong and makes her think in another way about the world now, and how it used to be. Like, we would be lost if Lady Gaga publicly supported Trump or came out as a neo-nazi or whatever terrible sh!t. Again, everything that gave her comfort, the stable base, is crumbling. So I don't think we could qualify this new music as uninspired. Lana's inspirations are just different now - as they should, since it's been 7 years since Born to Die.

1 hour ago, swakby said:

It's not that F*ck it I love you is bad, it's actually great if you take the time to listen to it alone; it's just that The greatest is really something. Much more melodic also.

And people liked Brooklyn Baby more than Shades Of Cool? I'm sorry, I love Brooklyn Baby, but WHAT? how?

_

Ok so all that wall of text just to say omfg great music great video adopt me lana thx love y'all

swakby
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Or at how people preferred Venice Bitch over MAC. I think it the end it will be **** it I love you the one that gets the more love.

excuse you, Venice Bitch is probably the best song Lana has ever made :interestinga:

Morphine Prince
5 hours ago, ANTI WP said:

Bille stan having a good taste in music??? 

:golfclap:

Reveal hidden contents

Jk :hug:

That goes without saying :staymad:

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, swakby said:

excuse you, Venice Bitch is probably the best song Lana has ever made :interestinga:

I agree, this is what I was pointing out. :selena: But at the start people preferred MAC over it.

JazzGa
18 hours ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

As a Lana stan since BTD, here are my thoughts:

I was honestly expecting some new visuals as we've seen Lana on a beach several times before (High By The Beach, West Coast, etc) and also bar stage, pool table, old men, etc we've all seen before. **** it, I Love You: the vocals omg. She's sounds so clear and has clearly been working on her breath control. The lyrics :firega: "I used to shoot up my veins in the arm..." truly great lyrics throughout the whole song. The song overall is not my fav but could be a grower. 

THE GREATEST IS THAT BITCH! IT HAS EVERYTHING vocals, lyrics, production, really reminds me of Ultraviolence tracks and that's a great thing! Can't wait to see how this fits in the album. 

So stoked for the rest of the era. Hopefully we get different visuals than her on the beach and/or her seducing older men in bars looking very *Joanne* :trollga:

Great comment! I don't think Lana is trying to bring new visuals or reinvent herself every era. One thing I like about Lana is that she hones in on her Lana persona further and further each era. If she serves us beach Lana and bar slut Lana again, I hope she does it in an improved way, just like how she has been improving and honing in on her sadcore vintage Americana sound.  :party:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived