💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Political Theme for LG6?

Stephen

Featured Posts

Stephen

Do you guys think LG6 could have a political theme? It’s risky but we’re talking about Lady Gaga here. The HL slogan “Battle for your life” could have a political meaning/spin depending on the music.

Before you jump to say no just because you don’t want her to be polarizing, remember that at the height of her career she was polarizing. That’s what made her exciting. It’s an interesting time because the US election is next year and Joanne came out just before the last election. Joanne was very much about unity and wishing for peace, etc. Even the Super Bowl performance reflected that. I think now a more aggressive political theme could be powerful and poignant, if done correctly.

GTY-lady-gaga-ml-161109_16x9_992.jpg

People have said they hope LG6 is her Ray of Light but what if it’s her American Life? :sis:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

Joanne was political, btw was political, tbh I just want fun music to forget about politics and the messy world..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

It'd be great, but I just want another Telephone to forget about all the drama on what's going on :laughga:

Gracious Gaga
Just now, River said:

Joanne was political, btw was political, tbh I just want fun music to forget about politics and the messy world..

BTW is very political.  Joanne maybe half political and half personal... come to mama, hey girl, angel down, are on the political side with Joanne.  any other tracks im forgetting??

♥ Kindness Police.

whore

I had the same idea too, especially with that snippet that sounds like she’s saying “every nation got me facing” 

HoneyB

I’d be down for that but only for a couple songs, not an entire album. Like maybe for a second single she could release a political song that comes with a powerful video:sis: 

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

derpmonster

She's gonna something at least a couple political songs on it no matter what. Even if it's a fun dance album otherwise. The Fame had a lot of irony in it if not politics. But if she were to make another Fame-like record, this time it'll have politics.

It's where she is currently as a person, or so it seems. She is "softer" with her political messages of late though. We saw at the Super Bowl. Some people said it wasn't political. It was. Quite subtly but it was.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Jakkusan

The only pop girl doing daring, political music and art is Madonna rn. Gaga has a huge voice and a platform, to not use it in a political, powerful way is such a waste. 

She doesn’t necessarily have to be overtly political, but she could really make a clever commentary and shine a light on important issues. The world is in such turmoil and madness, to ignore that seems really blind.

Stephen
3 minutes ago, Jakkusan said:

The only pop girl doing daring, political music and art is Madonna rn. Gaga has a huge voice and a platform, to not use it in a political, powerful way is such a waste. 

She doesn’t necessarily have to be overtly political, but she could really make a clever commentary and shine a light on important issues. The world is in such turmoil and madness, to ignore that seems really blind.

Agreed! There’s something to be said about escapism and putting on fun music to “just dance” :sis: but I don’t think that’s all she’s going to give us. 

Gaga is an inherently political artist and the personal is political, duh. 

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

I want trump bashing

She already made a song about him though.

witchcocktor

I'm not interested. Most of her political takes are very milquetoast, safe and expected. If she wants to go political, then she better have a profound message that doesn't just fall in line with '' love yourself, love others, don't be poopieheads, Trump is a poopie!! '' because that's not really anything new or interesting. 

Archived