Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is it True that Britney Spears Wanted Femme Fatale to be an R&B album?

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

I saw a post mentioning this online when I was doing some research about her in the early 2010's. Is it true?

he/him/his

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whore

I think it was just an early idea that was scrapped in favor of another. It's rumored that "Pleasure You" is a reject from this pre-Femme Fatale recording session, but I'm more certain it's from the In The Zone sessions. 

Widows Kiss

I definitely recall reading rumors that FF was not supposed to sound the way it does until Dr Luke made Britney do her Kesha impression.

9 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

Yes. Gimme More Breathe On Me to Break the Ice 

Wait … but, low-key like … Showdown, Get Back, Early Mornin’, Boys (Co-Ed Remix), Overprotected (Darkchild Remix) … even Don’t Go Knockin’ on my Door … but idk if R&B is proper Rhythm and Blues which is legit closer to … BOMT (the song) or “Urban Contemporary” which is more like the aforementioned (and Mannequin)… either way … Yes.

OP: Vaguely remember hearing rumblings and ruminations, but I do remember hearing that Rusko was involved at some point

Animal Claws

Femme Fatale was supposed to be a Rock album with midtempo ballads

That was Britney's idea but Jive Records cancelled that cause they wanted to make a comercial album, so Femme Fatale turned an Electropop and Pop album

Don't Keep Me Waiting and He About To Lose Me is one of the songs that was used for the original album's concept

27monster27
3 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

I actually read many times that she wanted the whole album to be like Don't Keep Me Waiting

2 hours ago, Animal Claws said:

Femme Fatale was supposed to be a Rock album with midtempo ballads

That was Britney's idea but Jive Records cancelled that cause they wanted to make a comercial album, so Femme Fatale turned an Electropop and Pop album

Don't Keep Me Waiting and He About To Lose Me is one of the songs that was used for the original album's concept

Now I did also read that this allegedly made Britney sad, could this be a reason for why she has so few writing credits on the album?

he/him/his

KURUSHITOVSKA
19 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Now I did also read that this allegedly made Britney sad, could this be a reason for why she has so few writing credits on the album?

Does she even get writing credits? XD

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

27monster27
11 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Does she even get writing credits? XD

She did get partial writing credits on one song.

he/him/his

KURUSHITOVSKA
2 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

She did get partial writing credits on one song.

:neyde:

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Archived