💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Young Thug: “I’m the straightest man in the world”

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Gagi said:

If a gay man is saying that he’s the “gayest man on earth” y’all probably would not have a problem with it.

There’s nothing wrong with liking guys as a guy and I think Young Thug knows this but y’all need to realize as soon as possible that not everybody wants to be gay and that being the “straightest man on earth” is as much of a choice as being gay. Even though I’d have considered taking other words to express that.

If someone said they were "the gayest man on earth" that would be just as cringey. It wouldn't be problematic in the same way because the context is different. Straight men try to distance themselves from gayness actively as if it's something bad or wrong all the time. It's rooted in homophobia. That's the context to this.

Being the "straightest man on earth" is not a choice and not something he's born into lol. There is no such thing as the "straightest" or "gayest". There are 7 billion people. How does this clean speak for all?

You're right though, in different words, it would've been just fine. All he needed to say was "I'm straight."

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster

I swear some of these "All lives matter", "straight pride", "white pride" apologist clowns on this website with 0 understanding of social context :ladyhaha:

3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

No one is "triggered" lol your homophobia, internalized or otherwise, is showing.

No one cares if he says he's straight. A simple "No, I'm straight" would have sufficed.

He instead tried to make it superlative which is just cringey. No one can be "the straightest man in the world" and why would you feel the need to say that? You're just trying to distance yourself from homosexuality as if it's something bad.

He just wanted to make it clear so even dumbaśses get that in their heads, but as always there are people jumping on the “HOMOPHOBIA” and “he must be gay himself” train.

When I got out of the closet there were a lot of people promising me it’ll be a phase. There are still people asking me if I have a girlfriend and they KNOW that I’m gay.

And guess what I am the gayest guy on earth. :fail: it ****s me up so I sympathize with Young Thug even though it’s the other way around 

7 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

If someone said they were "the gayest man on earth" that would be just as cringey. It wouldn't be problematic in the same way because the context is different. Straight men try to distance themselves from gayness actively as if it's something bad or wrong all the time. It's rooted in homophobia. That's the context to this.

Being the "straightest man on earth" is not a choice and not something he's born into lol. There is no such thing as the "straightest" or "gayest". There are 7 billion people. How does this clean speak for all?

You're right though, in different words, it would've been just fine. All he needed to say was "I'm straight."

Yeah you’re right, the word choice is questionable just as the “I hate guys”.

But I don’t think it’s that problematic to say these things, some people are really sensitive even though no one has been harmed or insulted 

derpmonster
Just now, Gagi said:

He just wanted to make it clear so even dumbaśses get that in their heads, but as always there are people jumping on the “HOMOPHOBIA” and “he must be gay himself” train.

When I got out of the closet there were a lot of people promising me it’ll be a phase. There are still people asking me if I have a girlfriend and they KNOW that I’m gay.

And guess what I am the gayest guy on earth. :fail: it ****s me up so I sympathize with Young Thug even though it’s the other way around 

I'm sorry you have to go through that.

But if you can't understand the difference in implication between an oppressor saying something distancing themselves from an oppressed trait vs the other way, you're ignoring the subtextual meaning.

I don't agree with forcing a sexuality on someone else. The meaning here, though, is that straights feel like they have to distance themselves from gayness as if being gay is something bad. When gays distance themselves from heterosexuality, it's because they're just wanting to be themselves. Straight people aren't oppressed and held back the way gay people are. NO ONE is stopping straight people from being straight which is why these remarks just feel unnecessary whereas for a gay person they make sense.

Sexuality is a spectrum. No one can be 100% one way. Imagine you had a boyfriend you loved dearly and one day he came out as a trans woman. You wouldn't still be "the gayest guy on earth" sorry.

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, Gagi said:

Yeah you’re right, the word choice is questionable just as the “I hate guys”.

But I don’t think it’s that problematic to say these things, some people are really sensitive even though no one has been harmed or insulted 

We're having a discussion here. I'm not offended by it at all. I'm just talking about it. :ladyhaha:

I feel as though people are so quick to use "you're sensitive" or "triggered" as a talking point to shut down criticism. All criticism isn't coming from an emotional place.

2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I'm sorry you have to go through that.

But if you can't understand the difference in implication between an oppressor saying something distancing themselves from an oppressed trait vs the other way, you're ignoring the subtextual meaning.

I don't agree with forcing a sexuality on someone else. The meaning here, though, is that straights feel like they have to distance themselves from gayness as if being gay is something bad. When gays distance themselves from heterosexuality, it's because they're just wanting to be themselves. Straight people aren't oppressed and held back the way gay people are. NO ONE is stopping straight people from being straight which is why these remarks just feel unnecessary whereas for a gay person they make sense.

Sexuality is a spectrum. No one can be 100% one way. Imagine you had a boyfriend you loved dearly and one day he came out as a trans woman. You wouldn't still be "the gayest guy on earth" sorry.

Of course I understand the difference and I know where you are coming from, my problem with it are rather the “he’s gay himself” comments cause that’s childish and so stupid in my eyes 

derpmonster
Just now, Gagi said:

Of course I understand the difference and I know where you are coming from, my problem with it are rather the “he’s gay himself” comments cause that’s childish and so stupid in my eyes 

Agreed.

Even when someone is homophobic, I don't agree when people say "they must be gay"

Guess what, there's plenty of homophobic straight people in the world. Calling every homophobe gay makes us look like our own biggest enemy.

4 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

We're having a discussion here. I'm not offended by it at all. I'm just talking about it. :ladyhaha:

I feel as though people are so quick to use "you're sensitive" or "triggered" as a talking point to shut down criticism. All criticism isn't coming from an emotional place.

I was not talking about you saweetie. :) like for real not, but some people really take those things to their hearts and that’s what I don’t get 

RichAssPiss

To be fair, Young Thug is known for wearing dresses - like on the cover of "Jeffrey." Nicki makes a diss about him stealing her dresses in "Barbie Dreams." He is, I'm sure, questioned a lot about his sexuality in interviews because of this. So, I don't think this comes out of nowhere.

holy scheisse

He prob gets sh*t a lot for his gender expression. Surprised that y'all equate expression with sexual orientation but go off. 

I don't think he's gay or homophobic

nikola

Ok.... and what about it

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Archived