Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

[Insert Album] Was Ahead of It's Time

Davian

Featured Posts

PerfectCure
23 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Are you kidding me? Blackout sounds much tackier than ARTPOP does. You can’t possibly believe that songs like Freakshow, Gimme More, and Piece of Me sound more “fresh” than Donatella, G.U.Y., and Swine.

They do though. At least Blackout wasn’t dated on arrival and just a reprise of the EDM sound every song had the previous year. :fan:

People who think ARTPOP was ahead of its time probably also do think Joanne is her best album but I’m not getting into that :classy:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Widows Kiss
5 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

They do though. At least Blackout wasn’t dated on arrival and just a reprise of the EDM sound every song had the previous year. :fan:

I can't think of any 2006 song which I would consider EDM. Sure, Blackout is pretty much a rehash of Nelly's and Timberlake's sound at that time but Blackout has a lot more electronic influences compared to Loose and FSLS which were a lot more urban leaning.

MaryJaneHolland
36 minutes ago, Davian said:

You should change your username after this blasphemy:interestinga:

If I had a dollar every time someone told me this... :interestinga:

PerfectCure
1 minute ago, Widows Kiss said:

I can't think of any 2006 song which I would consider EDM. Sure, Blackout is pretty much a rehash of Nelly's and Timberlake's sound at that time but Blackout has a lot more electronic influences compared to Loose and FSLS which were a lot more urban leaning.

I wasn’t referring to Blackout in my comment :derpga:

ARTPOP is still listenable, won’t deny it, has some really good songs but the fact that some people actually think it was ahead of its time is funny.

Davian
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

If I had a dollar every time someone told me this... :interestinga:

Ugh comments sometimes, so creative:queenga::huntyga:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Widows Kiss
2 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

I wasn’t referring to Blackout in my comment :derpga:

ARTPOP is still listenable, won’t deny it, has some really good songs but the fact that some people actually think it was ahead of its time is funny.

MESS :messga: At least I'm not the only one in this thread thinking that ARTPOP is ahead of its time when it's actually dated since the very beginning. 

AJRocketMan
29 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

At the time the record came out, I don’t remember thinking it sounded dated, and fans and critics weren’t saying that either. Stans only say that now. But some songs did age better than others. Sexxx Dreams, Jewels N Drugs, Manicure, Do What U Want, the title track, Fashion!, Dope, and Gypsy specifically. And yes, some of the songs I just named were ahead of their time. Name one song that sounded like Sexxx Dreams that came out before Sexxx Dreams. Name a song older than Do What U Want that sounds just like it. Tell me a song that sounds like Manicure or Dope that came out before them. Hell, Jewels N Drugs even.

PerfectCure
Just now, AJRocketMan said:

At the time the record came out, I don’t remember thinking it sounded dated, and fans and critics weren’t saying that either. Stand only say that now. But some songs did age better than others. Sexxx Dreams, Jewels N Drugs, Manicure, Do What U Want, the title track, Fashion!, Dope, and Gypsy specifically. And yes, some of the songs I just named were ahead of their time. Name one song that sounded like Sexxx Dreams that came out before Sexxx Dreams. Name a song older than Do What U Want that sounds just like it. Tell me a song that sounds like Manicure or Dope that came out before them. Hell, Jewels N Drugs even.

Unapologetic and Talk That Talk were released in 2011 and 2012 respectively. Just by listening to a few songs you’ll realize Gaga was by far not the first one to use EDM and in fact, among the last ones as well. The trend stopped somewhere in early 2014.

What are you trying to tell me? That Dope and Jewels N Drugs are some never heard before type of songs? 

Davian
10 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

Hmm xtina is a lil delusional.Bionic was trash

Actually she is self aware:ohwell: She knew she made a masterpiece as soon as she walked outside the studio:queenga:

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89799b70d0166123ea213

Davian

The way this thread turned into ARTPOP slander...

giphy.gif

Battle 4 Ur Life

lilyallen-cd-album-noshame.jpg

7.jpg

it's sad how much this work of art is under-appreciated. best pop album of last year, besides ASIB (yes, better than Sweetener) and sure ahead of its time. 

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Archived