💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: LG's 2009 Performance Breakout Moment

G U C C I

Featured Posts

ShayCristoforo

VMA Paparazzi is one of the most powerful performance she's ever done. Powerful like TIHTY at the Oscars, but in  a very different way. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

LordEnigma

I think what made this so great is that throughout her career at this point she was seen as a party girl and this performance made people understand it was so much more than that.

22 hours ago, ltlmnstr said:

There was a video floating around tumblr years ago of audience footage filmed in the theater and the gasps made it so fun to watch. 

19 hours ago, TittyGlitterDance said:

Yeah! Also interesting to hear her original, unaltered live vocals, specifically the part where she starts bleeding. 

6 hours ago, Rio said:

Can we make this our goal to find this 😱😱😱 I'll pay money to see it oh my GAWD!

Anyone?

It's mirrored, but this is it, I think:

3 points in and ready for more

20 minutes ago, Miel said:

Didn't hear many gasps in that ngl 😂 such a good angle though. Never seen this before

edit: ok I kinda here the audience freaking out a little!

2 minutes ago, Rio said:

Didn't hear many gasps in that ngl 😂 such a good angle though. Never seen this before

There might be more, because I also remember one that had a lot more gasps.

Although this one has the iconic "oh my god what the hell" aka the birth of an icon.

3 points in and ready for more

1 hour ago, Miel said:

There might be more, because I also remember one that had a lot more gasps.

Although this one has the iconic "oh my god what the hell" aka the birth of an icon.

This performance was honestly ****ing boundary-pushing, innovative, theatrical, dramatic PERFORMANCE ART at its finest. I'd even go as far to say not even MJ or Madonna had a live television performance as good as this. She sung great, danced great (some of her best choreo), she DIDN'T LIP SYNC (unlike the other two often did), she played piano and she created a controversy and conversation. A genuine reaction from the audience that invoked utter shock and emotion. Too bad this performance is quite underrated and was over-shadowed by the Kayne West and Taylor **** that happened that year. This performance made me fully stan her back in 2009, I already had The Fame on disc but this was it for me 🙌🏼 *bows down*

ltlmnstr
1 hour ago, Miel said:

It was filmed from above if I remember correctly

Archived