💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

SOPHIE

TheSlash

Featured Posts

TheSlash

Hello my fellow sistrens :kara: ,

as I'm listening to Side 2 of the non-stop remix by SOPHIE, I decided to make a thread to talk about her :tony: .

I decided to not put a "appreciation thread" into the title as I really want to talk about her with others, which don't like her music or maybe never even heard of her ( as much as with fans, ofc :sara: ) .

So, why do you ( not ) like her?

What's your favorite song by her?

How did you find her and her music?

To the ones not liking her: What would make you start listening to her music?

To both the ones not liking her and the ones not yet knowing her:

Here's the aforementioned  Side 2 of her non-stop remix of her debut album OIL OF EVERY PEARL'S UN-INSIDES  ( specifically the last 20 minutes with a huge and beautiful remix of her song Infatuation ) :

Let's not make it a flop thread :poot: .

Ew, David!

TheSlash

I wanted to answer my own questions in OP :duck: . So here they are :awkney: :

I found her bc Gaga supposedly worked with her :sweat: 

I love her music bc it's such an interesting take on today's music and you don't hear it on the radio ( like ever :poot: )

My favorite song holy trinity is Ponyboy, Faceshopping and Whole New World/Pretend World :tony: 

Ew, David!

Lottie Winters

Personally I don’t like her music at all and find it unlistenable, BUT I think her productions and visuals are super interesting! I’m curious to see what she could do with a more traditional song structure with actual melodies. 

I give her credit and see why people like her, it’s just not for me yet. I’m interested enough to give her releases at least one listen...nothing has grabbed me YET.

Vitleysingur

Imagine their collaboration ending up something like this:giveup:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

TheSlash
Just now, Wifey said:

Personally I don’t like her music at all and find it unlistenable, BUT I think her productions and visuals are super interesting! I’m curious to see what she could do with a more traditional song structure with actual melodies. 

I give her credit and see why people like her, it’s just not for me yet. I’m interested enough to give her releases at least one listen...nothing has grabbed me YET.

Finally something different than " It sounds like a blender" :tony: .

I understand you. When I first listened to some of her songs I was so confused and didn't listen to it for quite a while. But the more I got into her music I understood that the song literally lives through its production and sometimes there's no other song structure to fit in :diane: . If you're still willing to get into her music, start with 'Immaterial'. If it's still not for you, then that's OK :kara: 

Ew, David!

BeerFear

I think she is INCREDIBLY talented. Not all of her songs are my cup of tea, but I always enjoy the ones when she goes a little bit more commercial with her sound. 

These are way more digestible and whole BOPS nobody can deny that. If you say these are unlistenable and "pots&pans" you are just homophobic

giphy.gif

Spock

Whew SOPHIE x Gaga is coming and I can’t wait :applause:

the fumes make it even sweeter :applause:

who will love me when the night is over

TheSlash
2 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Imagine their collaboration ending up something like this:giveup:

Imagine that with a bridge like Ponyboy's whole production :giveup: . The GP's wigs would transition into another dimension almost immediately :firega: .

2 minutes ago, BeerFear said:

These are way more digestible and whole BOPS nobody can deny that. If you say these are unlistenable and "pots&pans" you are just homophobic

tenor.gif?itemid=4519427

Ew, David!

MrHappy

I have to say I adore experimantel music but this is not my type other than this I love her way she dress and Im really exited abut LG6 thats all.

DutchHooker

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Edonis

She's probably one my favorite electronic music producers at the moment. There's just something so bizarre yet... familiar about her music, like it's an interesting take on house music. She's quite diverse from having her infamous "pots and pans" sounding tracks to her more sugary-pop and house sounding productions, so I'm really interested to see what goes on with the Gaga track(s) and to what extent SOPHIE and Gaga goes in on the music.  

Sunny

I remember finding about her in 2015. Lemon ad, Vyzee and Nothing More To Say / EEEHHH were my summer bops :giveup: I don't remember exactly who introduced me to her, or maybe I just stumbled upon her. Her Boiler Room set is perfection, and it's crazy how much her music changed since then.

Whole New World is probably my favorite song.

Here's a few tracks / remixes that are worth listening to

(Motherland was a band she was a part of)

(From her Boiler Room Set)

Her remix of NYC2MIA is also amazing but I can't find it online

(She produced this)

I like dancin', and ponies....

JazzGa

I'm really enjoying her artistry. I have always liked hard, aggressive, experimental electronic sounds. I was big into dubstep and Skrillex back in the time when that was popular, and witch house and trip hop back in the Myspace days. SOPHIE's music is a natural evolution of that-- what if we took these hard, masculine sounds, turned them upside down, and sprinkled a little glitter and sugar on them in a tongue-and-cheek way? 

Also I recently realized that her album title, Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides, is another way to spell "I love every person's insides" :saira:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

• 2 weeks later...

Archived