Jump to content
Stefani Tee
news

Gaga for Allure Magazine Preview

Featured Posts

mister max

Now what we really need to see is the other pictures :nooo: and the interview :nooo: gosh I love it when she does magazine covers

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamesonGaga
1 minute ago, mariomania1234 said:

Stunning! :giveup:

I hope we get the rest of the shoot soon!

Friday :ally:

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKANK

"If I'm not changing people's lives what am I doing?" 

A photo shoot for Allure to promote eyeliner. :toofunny:

giphy.gif

 

  • LMAO 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
OMonster
1 minute ago, SKANK said:

"If I'm not changing people's lives what am I doing?" 

A photo shoot for Allure to promote eyeliner. :toofunny:

giphy.gif

 

Gaga is really hyperbolic in her language use, to say the least. 

But that said, I do think she has a kind of altruistic goal with Haus Labs - as well as an economical one, too. 

I think she is using makeup as a facilitator for confidence. I don't think it's just a 'yasss, look at that contour' kind of thing. It's more about giving people the tools to embrace who they are, celebrate it, heighten it... and don't change it in accordance to what everyone looks like on Instagram. 

Look however you want, and use the makeup to help communicate that. 

I agree, though, the language around Haus Labs is too over the top and the brand itself hasn't really communicated the above message clear enough. And it could've with a better mission statement ect.

I kind of feel like Gaga is on a slightly different page to how the brand reads, which is why her quotes don't totally add up to what we are seeing.

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dolce Vita

she looks so stunning :giveup: serving Kylie Jenner mixed with Ariana Grande 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SKANK
31 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Gaga is really hyperbolic in her language use, to say the least. 

But that said, I do think she has a kind of altruistic goal with Haus Labs - as well as an economical one, too. 

I think she is using makeup as a facilitator for confidence. I don't think it's just a 'yasss, look at that contour' kind of thing. It's more about giving people the tools to embrace who they are, celebrate it, heighten it... and don't change it in accordance to what everyone looks like on Instagram. 

Look however you want, and use the makeup to help communicate that. 

I agree, though, the language around Haus Labs is too over the top and the brand itself hasn't really communicated the above message clear enough. And it could've with a better mission statement ect.

I kind of feel like Gaga is on a slightly different page to how the brand reads, which is why her quotes don't totally add up to what we are seeing.

 

I love that she is a ridiculous person. I was just teasing.

As for Haus Labs being an altruistic venture, that I can't agree with. An economic venture? Yes. She made a lucrative exclusivity deal with a tax dodging company that has children making its products in the East, and in the West has its employees striking due to grueling sweat-shop like conditions.

Make up is a great metaphor for what she is doing. She's using a woke marketing campaign to cover up the unflattering reality of her partnership with Amazon.

We all know Gaga is an activist and very philanthropic, but calling Haus Labs an altruistic venture is a reach. It's a paycheck.

Edited by SKANK

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inferno
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

 

I love that she is a ridiculous person. I was just teasing.

As for Haus Labs being an altruistic venture, that I can't agree with. An economic venture? Yes. She made a lucrative exclusivity deal with a tax dodging company that has children making its products in the East, and in the West has its employees striking due to grueling sweat-shop like conditions.

Make up is a great metaphor for what she is doing. She's using a woke marketing campaign to cover up the unflattering reality of her partnership with Amazon.

We all know Gaga is an activist and very philanthropic, but calling Haus Labs an altruistic venture is a reach. It's a paycheck.

It's a paycheck but it's also obviously more for Sarah than it is for Gaga. When featured on a video for popular beauty guru NikkiTutorials long before Haus Beauty was even announced, Sarah expressed wanting her own brand but not being in a state to venture on her own. Cut to Haus Labs and I think Gaga is essentially doing her a favor and making it lucrative for herself as well. Sarah gets to have a brand ownership experience without 100% of the flack and Gaga gets to help out a friend and potentially earn a piece of the beauty boom pie. If not for Sarah, I truly don't believe this would even be happening tbh but that's just my theory. It made sense to me considering the notion of a gaga beauty brand was only a fan rumored whisper at that point and hearing Sarah talk about that I was like ohhh 

Edited by Inferno

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...