Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga Slaying Without a Microphone

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

Zander

Tristen uploaded a video about it today. I like how he stans her and emphasises shes talented than most singers,  but also very honest and constructive when her voice hasn't been great (Grammys). 

derpmonster
1 hour ago, Im You said:

I wonder if she’s ever accidentally farted :bon:

Not like you'd hear it. She could fart the loudest she's ever done but her voice would be even louder :selena:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster

This shows she learned classical singing. Unfortunately many pop singers only ever sing in small rooms or with microphones, so they never learn how to actually make a big sound. Singing is not just about matching pitch.

Any time she sings with a microphone, just notice how far from her face it is on belty and sustained notes. And then look at other singers in the industry. Someone who doesn't know her may say she's lip syncing because her mouth is so far away. But if good sis sang with her mouth basically on the mic like others do... we all wouldn't have any ear membranes left and would never be able to listen to her music -- or any music for that matter :selena:

Example: Gaga singing Marry The Night. This is the ending "naaa--aaaa---aiiigggghhht". I picked this because we know this was recorded from this very mic 100% (songs from that night went into her live EP).

image.png

Just LOOK at that distance :messga::wtfga: The powerhouse vocals jumped out

Other singers in the spoiler

Spoiler

Selena Gomez. :selena:

I had to include her even though you know this already.

image.png

This is not even a whisper part of the song. She's singing "I'm so so so sick of you" and it's one of the most intense belts she's ever even done :saladga:

Shawn Mendes: again, a loud part of the song. He's singing "don't you know that I'm the only one" here
image.png

Kesha: She's belting and she's farther than the mic than the one and only Miss L. Gaga but much better than the two above

image.png

Kelly Clarkson :selena: Honestly this was surprising. Bish what are you doing

image.png

Adele the queen (of yelling without proper support, don't @ me)

image.png

This is the strongest part of Rolling In The Deep. :saladga:

Credit for the footage of all but the last one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh_okvjPMx0

Miichael

I’ve been kinda confused by this video for a while, wouldn’t there be a change in volume when she pulls the microphone away from her mouth? Or was it off the whole time? Or is it something else? :oprah:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

KatieJudasGaga4
8 minutes ago, Miichael said:

I’ve been kinda confused by this video for a while, wouldn’t there be a change in volume when she pulls the microphone away from her mouth? Or was it off the whole time? Or is it something else? :oprah:

There is a change in volume. I noticed it, but I guess it depends on hearing, idk :icega:

derpmonster
10 minutes ago, Miichael said:

In the first one, the sound almost disappears when she takes the mic away. Then builds back up. She's belting louder and bigger progressively as she's taking the mic out.

In the second one, you can tell the source of the sound changed. It was coming from behind the recording device and then it came from in front (listening with headphones). They were close to the stage, so it probably didn't decrease that much.

Miichael
2 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

There is a change in volume. I noticed it, but I guess it depends on hearing, idk :icega:

2 hours ago, derpmonster said:

In the first one, the sound almost disappears when she takes the mic away. Then builds back up. She's belting louder and bigger progressively as she's taking the mic out.

In the second one, you can tell the source of the sound changed. It was coming from behind the recording device and then it came from in front (listening with headphones). They were close to the stage, so it probably didn't decrease that much.

Actually yeah I hear what you mean now lol :laughga:

Just another reason why she is the queen of vocals :queenga:

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

Archived