Stefani Tee
other

Amazon Rain Forest Burning for Three Weeks now; Gets Little Media Coverage

Featured Posts

27monster27

Article Going More in Depth.:

https://www.vox.com/world/2019/8/20/20813786/wildfire-amazon-rainforest-brazil-siberia

From the article.:

"But perhaps even more alarming are the wildfires in the Amazon rainforest, the world’s largest tropical forest. It’s an area that almost never burns on its own, yet the blazes have grown so intense that they blacked out the sky above São Paulo, Brazil’s largest city, on Monday. The state of Amazonas has declared an emergency. The #PrayforAmazonia tag has surged on social media."

Why is this getting so little coverage, causing so many to have JUST heard about this?

Edited by 27monster27
STAN: Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears, and Froy Gutierrez.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 9
  • Sad 28

M Monstre

I just saw this on Instagram too like an hour ago, and I'm shocked. This is a literal catastrophe, and yet no major news outlets are reporting about it...

• Like 4

Gohan

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said that it all is sensationalism and the media trying to find anything wrong in his government. Reminds me of Trump saying that climate change is not a real thing. I'm honestly so scared and I'm I hope something is done!

• Like 16

gstring

okay so what can we do to help it? 

maybe we can start a fund to rebuild and resurrect the forest once the fire stop??? 

Little little
  • Like 1

ChromeAngel

Why does the media constantly and consistently fail at the one job they’re supposed to do? 

tenor.gif?itemid=9353126

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

MrG1087
45 minutes ago, Gohan said:

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said that it all is sensationalism and the media trying to find anything wrong in his government. Reminds me of Trump saying that climate change is not a real thing. I'm honestly so scared and I'm I hope something is done!

Isn’t it safe to say he’s their variation of Trump here in the US? I remember reading he’s very conservative and some outlets referred to him as Brazil’s version of Trump. It’s disgusting that these a-holes are getting elected into positions of power and don’t care about doing the right thing.

Princess Zelda

The loss of that glaciar in Iceland, this... There's so much already happening and things will get much worse. I don't think we're aware enough of everything that's coming :( 

Edited by Princess Zelda
  • Like 3

NinaBoninaBrown
40 minutes ago, Chic said:

Aren’t fires the best thing for a forest?

Controlled burning can be a positive thing when thoroughly planned  and executed following strict criteria (with the presence of firebreaks, under appropriate temperatures, to achieve determined objetives, for certain tree species  and many other factors). When the fire is not controlled (which is the OP case) it becomes a huge problem. 

• Like 7

PunkTheFunk

This is honestly the first time I'm hearing about it :saladga:

#Marianne2020
  • Like 1

ice bear

like i read someone say sometime ago; 

until when will we pretend global warming is being caused by regular folks and deny that is big companies that do the most harm

if you're not familiar with our forest situation, it is crowded with woodcutting groups working outside the law, big schemes are made to take land from native people, to turn into cattle fields, flood to build a fcking dam,  mine for gold, smuggle rare species to be held as pets abroad. they benefit from the free trade zone of manaus that is right there in the middle of the forest, from where they can easily transport wood and anything they want aboard ships and planes to europe and the US.

this fire is caused!

i fcking want out this bs world 

Edited by LanaDelGrant
ice bear coolest bear // adopt a kitty
  • Like 2

GagaInTheZone

Just heard about it today for the first time too, it's crazy... We have really ****ed up our planet

• Like 1