💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Sony Stock Drops After News Break About Leaving MCU

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

sony-stocks-fall-after-dc-marvel-split-1

Sony and Disney have officially fallen out over the rights and profits to Spider-Man in the movies. Needless to say, the reactions of outrage from Marvel fans have been explosive; and now, it's looking like backlash to the announcement could affecting Sony's bottom line profits.

Analyst have observed a dip in Sony's stock price immediately following the breaking news that the studio was breaking ties with Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe. Check out the official figures in the chart above (measured at the time of writing this)

As you can see, Sony's stock price dipped by upwards of -0.060 for a price of $55.66 per share in the wake of the Spider-Man announcement - the lowest price for the day. It wasn't a huge loss at all, but could be the first real economic indicator of how unpopular this schism between Sony and Marvel is with fans.

Full Article at Source:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/08/20/sony-stock-drops-after-split-disney-marvel-spider-man-movies/

Serve them right :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good. Hopefully this scares them :huntyga:

I mean I really just don't think it was even a good business move for them to make this move.

JohnWayne92

I'm so angry at Sony. Disney wanted a full 50/50 deal, and they said no. THE ONLY REASON THIS VERSION OF SPIDER-MAN WAS ABLE TO BE A BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE IS BECAUSE OF THE MCU. :what:

I'm angry I cried on Infinity War for him :messga:

RAMROD
1 minute ago, JohnWayne92 said:

I'm so angry at Sony. Disney wanted a full 50/50 deal, and they said no. THE ONLY REASON THIS VERSION OF SPIDER-MAN WAS ABLE TO BE A BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE IS BECAUSE OF THE MCU. :what:

I'm angry I cried on Infinity War for him :messga:

Right?! Also reason why Venom was so popular last year too. It's because people wanted Venom in the MCU! All the possibilities of it makes people excited. Sony is dumb for this move honestly.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Spock

Disney ain’t slick by leaking the news to the trades 

who will love me when the night is over

Not surprising whatsoever 

They're going to lose in this situation no matter what. 

Even if they keep Tom Holland as spiderman, everyone will hear about the split from the mcu, so I doubt a movie they'd put out afterwards would be as successful even with Tom and a decent script.  Possibly still somewhat successful, but nowhere near as successful as the two movies Marvel has done.

If they decide to drop Tom and find a new actor instead, that would mean it's the third reboot within like 10 years or so.  Besides Tom being very loved, that many reboots so quickly is so boring; no one wants to sit through his origin story again.  There's already a bunch of memes about this.

JevyDuty

Sony is definitely the loser in this fight. Spider-Man without the rest of the MCU got repetitive. And so it will again.

Zander

Sony is crazy. What I think they should  have done is one final movie with the Marvel/Sony deal with Peter Parker and incorporate / set up new films (without Marvel deal) with Miles Morales as the new Spiderman.

I wonder if Sony low key wants to Incorporate Spiderman with Venom now after seeing how *debtabley* successful Venom was and how the rebooted Spiderman has done :oprah:

Reality

:reductive:

I'm pretty sure all of this is so that they (Disney/Marvel) can negotiate publicly. If they can't negotiate with them privately, then they'll let the masses do the talking. And it seems like the masses want Spider-Man and Tom Holland in the MCU. 

:reductive:

🖤👹

Archived