💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Spider Man out of MCU?

LateToCult

Featured Posts

ChromaticaPunk
1 hour ago, Blue Madonna said:

I'm taking this with a grain of salt but if so... bruh. Are Sony idiots? FFH and Homecoming did SO well and the Spider-Man character is doing so much better now that he's in the MCU...

the original spider-man was what rocketed sm's popularity not the homecoming films. spider-verse also isn't mcu.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChromaticaPunk
36 minutes ago, River said:

Watch Disney buying Sony now :laughga:

But honestly, after Venom, Sony just needs to stfu and give back the franchise to their creators, they didn't succeed with the amazing spider and with venom, so just give up.

umm venom grossed over a billion and into the spider-verse is considered one of the best spider-man films out there.

18 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

the original spider-man was what rocketed sm's popularity not the homecoming films. spider-verse also isn't mcu.

I mean yeah maybe the OGs made him huge but Homecoming and FFH have made him even bigger. I mean FFH made over a billion at the box office.

and yeah ofc spider-verse isn't mcu but it's totally different. I'm melting down over loss of FFH/Homecoming Spider-Man.

@M Monstre my reasonable side agrees with you that they'll likely come to *some* kind of agreement because he's so huge, but I can't get my hopes up :selena: My heart can't take going through this again :selena:

HorusRa2

Y’all need to remember that Disney already has a quasi-monopoly in the film industry. I applaud Sony for saying no to the mouse-house. More people need to fight Disney and keep them from taking over movies & streaming or the future looks bleak indeed esp since the govt isn’t doing ANYTHING about it even though there’s a growing case for the federal govt to do so.

RAMROD

What a dumb move. Sony need to remember how flopped Amazing Spider-Man 2 was before MCU handles Spider-Man and makes people care bout him again. Ugh! :madge:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ChromaticaPunk
36 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

I mean yeah maybe the OGs made him huge but Homecoming and FFH have made him even bigger. I mean FFH made over a billion at the box office.

and yeah ofc spider-verse isn't mcu but it's totally different. I'm melting down over loss of FFH/Homecoming Spider-Man.

@M Monstre my reasonable side agrees with you that they'll likely come to *some* kind of agreement because he's so huge, but I can't get my hopes up :selena: My heart can't take going through this again :selena:

yea it's probably being blown out of proportion i'm sure they'll finish the hc trilogy.

gagzus

I read some random rumours online the other day that Sony wanted to have more control over what Spider-Man’s involvement in the MCU, and they wanted Feige to make him the main superhero ala Iron Man so their property had more involvement in most of the next few phases.

Hopefully, they won’t recast him if this happens, but tbh I totally see Tom leaving because I feel like he likes being in the MCU

I'm glad, Disney is too powerful as is and needs to be told "no" more often. What is Disney's reasoning apart from "we want more money"? Spider-Man 3 (bad reviews and all) was the 15th highest grossing movie ever when it came out, he's not a newly loved character. 

Reality
1 hour ago, HorusRa2 said:

Y’all need to remember that Disney already has a quasi-monopoly in the film industry. I applaud Sony for saying no to the mouse-house. More people need to fight Disney and keep them from taking over movies & streaming or the future looks bleak indeed esp since the govt isn’t doing ANYTHING about it even though there’s a growing case for the federal govt to do so.

This is a losing situation for everyone though. Disney/Marvel is the reason why Tom Holland's Spider-Man is so well loved and received. Sony also makes a ton of money by sharing him anyway. They get the revenue from the box office the movie makes in theatres. 

So not only will Sony make less money with Spider-Man out of the MCU (because that's a given), Disney/Marvel also lose arguably their most popular character, and now the fans don't get anymore Spider-Man crossover films with the rest of the MCU. 

🃏🖤👹

Archived