đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lover approaching 1m pre-order

TheCureinMalibu

Featured Posts

Spock

“If it doesn’t smash at the level she’s at, she’s in big trouble” lol

the HDD predictions show that it’s going to be a smash. Is it going to be a 1989 level smash? No. But one is pulling that kind of pure sales anymore, and it’s probably going to be the biggest opening week for an album since Reputation. And we all know the singles would have gone #1 if it weren’t for that meme song.

Everyone has been saying she’s in “big trouble” since 2008. Speak Now was going to be an unrecoverable slump from Fearless. Red was too much of a mixed bag, and Speak Now showed people weren’t interested in her music. No one was going to be here for full-on pop Taylor with 1989. Kim “ended” her, she was too overexposed and the Reputation tour was going to be a massive flop. 

And she proved you heifers wrong every single time. The only people expecting a smASHA!1!!1!11! are haters who want to hide behind her not opening with 1M sales as an excuse  drag, conveniently forgetting that in 2019 it’s not so simple anymore and a million other metrics are used to measure success. 

So don’t forget to stream Lover on all streaming platforms on August 23rd and seethe!

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I opened this thread thinking "How is this possible? This is the least hyped, least anticipated Taylor album to date" then I saw that it meant "approaching 1m global sales." Oh, how the mighty have fallen. From selling 1m in the US in her debut week for 4 consecutive albums to being just under 1m on a world scale. This is truly going to be her biggest flop. But I don't get it, why wasn't it pushed harder? Me! was promoted decently but when it failed to go #1, her team should've pushed YNTCD much harder but instead, we get one solitary promo performance, no push for The Archer and Lover only gets put out a mere week before the album with no video yet. It's like they want her to fail. I'm also shocked she didn't put out concert tickets pre-album because she could've done with some blind sales at this rate. It'll be interesting to see how the album cycle plays out from here on in because if Lover fails, this era could be cut shorter than any Taylor era we've ever seen.

GGD anticipating something is very different from the billions of people who aren't part of our site, obviously. GGD anticipates stuff from artists that never sells. Constantly. And when it comes to songs going to #2, while that looks good purely from a  numbers perspective, what matters is how much the songs sold and how much they were liked and are still being talked about. Me! fizzled right out in weeks and people talked about YNTCD for about a week. Both songs dropped massively and only her fanbase seems to care about them right now. Look at these songs views and likes compared to the stuff from 1989 and even Reputation. Yeah, her subscribers are growing every year and yet her new stuff doesn't achieve the same/more views and likes? A song is a flop if it doesn't sell much, freefalls in the charts and isn't well liked or remembered. At Taylor's level, she shouldn't be having lead and sophomore singles that flop this bad. If it doesn't smash at the level she's at, she's in big trouble. I've seen it happen before.

I think this is what happens to most popstars. It happened to Katy and now it’s happening to Taylor. Some fans grow up and move on to other artists, some remain there and support her and she makes new fans but streaming really has taken over sales now. 

Pop Music

5 of those copies are me. I pre ordered all of the target editions and pre ordered on iTunes. 

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

boiswifty
5 minutes ago, Haus Swiftie said:

5 of those copies are me. I pre ordered all of the target editions and pre ordered on iTunes. 

Slay :gaycat: 

I preordered on iTunes and I'm gonna rush to the mall on friday to buy 1 physical copy :vegas: 

Pop Music
7 minutes ago, boiswifty said:

Slay :gaycat: 

I preordered on iTunes and I'm gonna rush to the mall on friday to buy 1 physical copy :vegas: 

I seriously just bought all 4 of the target copies so I get the full all too well lyrics which are in one of the copies but tay won't tell us which. 

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

Hola Soraya
6 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Because gays cannot be trusted :flop:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

:ladyhaha:

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

Ariana Grindr
6 hours ago, Levine said:

The anticipation of this album is extraordinary

lol how? where? all the  single released prior the album flopped or were a non factor, where is the anticipation?

Call me delusional and stupid but I don't believe in those sales. 

Regular sales for her position in pop music right now would have been 350-400 k

Delusional.

Britney Jean1
1 hour ago, Alan123 said:

I think this is what happens to most popstars. It happened to Katy and now it’s happening to Taylor. Some fans grow up and move on to other artists, some remain there and support her and she makes new fans but streaming really has taken over sales now. 

Lets add to that that all of her 4 snigles are utter trash and mediocre as hell. And whoever is running Katy Perry career at the moment should be fired with those cringe worthy songs she is releasing at the moment

I feel so sad about pop music these days

Slim

Britney Jean1

1989 was her Teenage Dream, reputation was Prism and now we’re in her Witness

Slim

FlopSlurper
7 hours ago, RenegAde2888 said:

Payola:bye:

hard work and amazing relationship with her fans :bye:

Britney Jean1
2 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

taylor fans are the worst type of gays on earth!

Slim

RenegAde
4 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

You can't deny she doesn't use little tricks and gimmicks to sell rocords

FlopSlurper
1 minute ago, Britney Jean1 said:

taylor fans are the worst type of gays on earth!

Archived