đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Billboard: Gaga made it easier for Beyonce/Rihanna

Runway

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, LilyLark said:

It mentions a bunch of artists like Sia, not just Rihanna and Beyonce. You might want to adjust that headline a bit. And the Beyonce thing is...delusional. There's some truth, like Gaga doesn't get nearly enough credit for her impact, but some of it is a reach and I wonder if the writer is on GGD lol.

But seriously, I hope little monsters on twitter don't bring attention to this one unfortunately worded sentence because it will get Gaga dragged, by no fault of her own, by  Black twitter or the Beyhive at worst and at best be used as an example of how white writers give white artists credit over Black artists. Well, at best twitter won't care. But....lbr some of the big twitter fan accounts don't have enough common sense to see this sentence and realize it's asking for trouble on twitter so I'm sure they'll post it because they a) love stan wars and b) some of them are racist and love to pit Gaga exclusively against Black artists.

This is true. The article made some points and has truth to it. LG did change the game so much that even artists who started before her benefited. However, sadly some on Twitter will contain about it because of what you said.

Also why is including Beyonce delusion?

Inferno
4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Mmm idk I think Beyoncé had a very firm lane she was in following in the steps of Tina Turner and other successful black artists, but she hadn’t really had the freedom to make her own, unique stamp on the music landscape. She made waves as an out an out and proud feminist pop star and for black women, but aesthetically she was “pretty” and had to serve the bombshell spot. Gaga did break down the barn doors for others to follow. Not saying Beyoncé is anything like Gaga, they aren’t, but by Gaga as a white lady being the first of her generation to be allowed to be as “high auteur” as she was, she opened that door enough to let Beyoncé storm through as well with her own unique meditations and reflections. It’s the same, sad narrative that it took a white person doing it for capital swine to let WOC do it.

Hmm I agree with this to an extent, but I don't personally believe Beyonce was stewing wishing she could do more visually with her platform and it took a white woman for her to be able to. Meaning I think she was perfectly content staying in that bombshell lane until the very end. Gaga shifted that pop star paradigm and it woke some of them up to realize what was possible for themselves and of course others ran with it and the rest is history. I also think Solange has a lot to do with the Beyonce we've seen from self titled onward, so some version of what we get today would have existed without Gaga because Solange exists entirely outside of the sphere of Gagas influence.

Also worth noting that Beyonce herself was not an out n proud feminist until her self-titled album. However, she had already inherently been perceived as one for what her general strength and success means for black culture.

Ziggy
4 hours ago, Inferno said:

Hmm I agree with this to an extent, but I don't personally believe Beyonce was stewing wishing she could do more visually with her platform and it took a white woman for her to be able to. Meaning I think she was perfectly content staying in that bombshell lane until the very end. Gaga shifted that pop star paradigm and it woke some of them up to realize what was possible for themselves and of course others ran with it and the rest is history. I also think Solange has a lot to do with the Beyonce we've seen from self titled onward, so some version of what we get today would have existed without Gaga because Solange exists entirely outside of the sphere of Gagas influence.

Also worth noting that Beyonce herself was not an out n proud feminist until her self-titled album. However, she had already inherently been perceived as one for what her general strength and success means for black culture.

I mean you wouldn’t say feminist since no one did, but she was “girl power”. Idk, to me it’s  like the article points out. Right after Gaga drops Bey drops her dad and does 4 which was for all intents and purposes a passion project with minimal commercial pay-out (by her standards). Since it has obviously become a very beloved album, but it was really Bey doing her own thing and REALLY taking ownership. I see it less as Beyoncé wishing she could do more but more like “I have this idea and this but nah that’s not the game” then Gaga changed the context and bam now the scene not only encouraged her to do more but necessitated it. I’d also agree that Solange really influenced her since they have some crossover of aesthetic despite being distinctive.

not a french fry
11 hours ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

B7-A63-C41-E4-BB-452-C-914-B-E78-A4380-D

Is that Madonna??

social experiment gone wrong

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I mean you wouldn’t say feminist since no one did, but she was “girl power”. Idk, to me it’s  like the article points out. Right after Gaga drops Bey drops her dad and does 4 which was for all intents and purposes a passion project with minimal commercial pay-out (by her standards). Since it has obviously become a very beloved album, but it was really Bey doing her own thing and REALLY taking ownership. I see it less as Beyoncé wishing she could do more but more like “I have this idea and this but nah that’s not the game” then Gaga changed the context and bam now the scene not only encouraged her to do more but necessitated it. I’d also agree that Solange really influenced her since they have some crossover of aesthetic despite being distinctive.

Bey's dad got caught messing around on Bey's mom for around the last time right around when Gaga came out and there were questions about his management and finances. I think it had zero to do with Gaga, and more to do with Beyonce started the process of ditching her dad for f*cking up one too many times. Her dad very heavily influenced her musical style, and she started embracing what she wanted to do instead of doing what her dad steered her towards. And as Infernos said, Solange, if anything, probably had an impact on Bey's musical style and reinvention. And I love Beyonce so I'm not saying this as shade, but she also clearly was influenced a bit by Ciara's sound at the time.

Bey didn't take ownership because she saw Gaga taking ownership—I think she took ownership since she had enough of her Dad's antics and started phasing him out of her career. And yeah, it's problematic AF and borderline racist of the author to insinuate that the two biggest Black artists in the game (who are just as successful) took partial inspiration from a white woman who started her career after them, especially because there's very little evidence that either of them handled their career or image in a certain way because of Gaga. No one has ever tried to make that argument before as far as I know and if someone did...well, there are better ways to word it at the very least. NOW there might have been an argument if he was talking about Nicki and her inspiration of Lil Kim and to a lesser degree Gaga because there is evidence for that argument, but he wasn't.

Hopefully the twitter stans ignore this or assume it's that old story, which got twisted, so they let it go because some will absolutely drag Gaga for this even though it's not at all her fault.

RenegAde
16 hours ago, LilyLark said:

It mentions a bunch of artists like Sia, not just Rihanna and Beyonce. You might want to adjust that headline a bit. And the Beyonce thing is...delusional. There's some truth, like Gaga doesn't get nearly enough credit for her impact, but some of it is a reach and I wonder if the writer is on GGD lol.

But seriously, I hope little monsters on twitter don't bring attention to this one unfortunately worded sentence because it will get Gaga dragged, by no fault of her own, by  Black twitter or the Beyhive at worst and at best be used as an example of how white writers give white artists credit over Black artists. Well, at best twitter won't care. But....lbr some of the big twitter fan accounts don't have enough common sense to see this sentence and realize it's asking for trouble on twitter so I'm sure they'll post it because they a) love stan wars and b) some of them are racist and love to pit Gaga exclusively against Black artists.

If she gets dragged we will defend her I'm sick of being scared of gaga   getting dragged  ,who cares what Twitter beyhive think  when they can't even buy Beyonces  own album 

Ladey Gaygay
12 hours ago, GagaVenusStan said:

Is that Madonna??

No its ava Max

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

myluis617
On 8/20/2019 at 10:56 PM, LilyLark said:

Bey's dad got caught messing around on Bey's mom for around the last time right around when Gaga came out and there were questions about his management and finances. I think it had zero to do with Gaga, and more to do with Beyonce started the process of ditching her dad for f*cking up one too many times. Her dad very heavily influenced her musical style, and she started embracing what she wanted to do instead of doing what her dad steered her towards. And as Infernos said, Solange, if anything, probably had an impact on Bey's musical style and reinvention. And I love Beyonce so I'm not saying this as shade, but she also clearly was influenced a bit by Ciara's sound at the time.

Bey didn't take ownership because she saw Gaga taking ownership—I think she took ownership since she had enough of her Dad's antics and started phasing him out of her career. And yeah, it's problematic AF and borderline racist of the author to insinuate that the two biggest Black artists in the game (who are just as successful) took partial inspiration from a white woman who started her career after them, especially because there's very little evidence that either of them handled their career or image in a certain way because of Gaga. No one has ever tried to make that argument before as far as I know and if someone did...well, there are better ways to word it at the very least. NOW there might have been an argument if he was talking about Nicki and her inspiration of Lil Kim and to a lesser degree Gaga because there is evidence for that argument, but he wasn't.

Hopefully the twitter stans ignore this or assume it's that old story, which got twisted, so they let it go because some will absolutely drag Gaga for this even though it's not at all her fault.

You all cN say this about the music, but fashion wise Gaga got people to step their game up. Even beyonce yall. 

Drin Lon
On 8/20/2019 at 4:44 PM, LilyLark said:

:icega:

Inferno
On 8/20/2019 at 6:46 PM, Ziggy said:

Hmm I can agree with all of this tbh

Inferno
On 8/20/2019 at 7:56 PM, LilyLark said:

I can't agree with this only because its just so blatantly obvious the ways in which Gaga shifted the game and thus artists like Nicki and Rihanna and white artists like Kesha and Katy Perry at least shifted gears in how they presented their own images. Its got everything to do with artists like Katy, Rihanna and Nicki approaching their careers from an entirely corporate perspective. What sells? Whats happening right now? How do I incorporate this into what im doing to increase traction? Gaga was so astronomically successful that there 100% was pressure on artists from their labels to try and adopt some of her marketing strategies and aesthetics to try and either re-create her success (in Keshas case imo) or to boost their own game up by utilizing it to their advantage in their own ways through slight variation (Katy/Nicki). Thus why a lot of her peers held such resentment towards her and were as shady as they were. There is literally no chance in hell that Pink Friday would have looked the way that it did if The Fame+Monster had not been the monster era that it was. Nicki would not have been on that cover in couture with insane high heels and freak-art photoshop. She would not have focused on making pop songs either because it was Gaga that made pure pop a trend again. Like period. She wouldve still been influenced by Kim, she still would have been zany as influenced by artists like Eminem and Cyndi Lauper. But visually you literally cannot deny how much Pink Friday+RR is representative of the Gaga era of pop music. Like, Keshas another blatant example of that going as far as to adopt the EP strategy. Pop stars didn't often do EP's like that. People seem to forget that, for Gaga to have released The Fame Monster as a separate EP was an odd thing at the time, it wasn't just your standard re-release. And quite honestly imo as much as I dig Kesha, I don't think she would have been allowed to be as popular as she was if not for Gagas immense success and making what some would deem 'ugly' acceptable. Kesha was struggling to find the right type of image to debut with and post-Gaga she was able to pull the performance artist schtick just as they all started to. And theyve all but stripped themselves of that now.

I can't speak on Beyonce tbh. I think she clearly respected Gaga, or at least her success, thus why they did their exchange. I dont think its unreasonable to think Gaga influenced her if even to some small degree. And it has nothing to do with a "white woman" paving the way for her success. Whoever wrote this article truly worded themselves with an underlying prejudiced perspective, but it doesn't negate the fact that Lady Gaga had an influence on popular culture that made waves regardless of color.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, all the truth that matters: all fan base got names after Gaga, all artists have learned and felt confident to being who they are after Gaga and Gaga was the last big roar on pop music. 

Facts are facts and we stan!

close thread :staymad:

• PartySick locked this topic
PartySick
11 minutes ago, ladyclare said:

thatta girl

I know you're trying to get to 50 posts but please don't bump old threads. Especially ones in news and events :sweat:

6 minutes ago, Santa Stefani said:

close thread :staymad:

đź–¤

Archived