50 members have voted

1. 1. Eek

• Taylor Swift
    • Fearless
    • Speak Now
    • Red

Featured Posts

Versace

I think I love 1989 and Reputation equally but acknowledge that 1989 is the better album and one of the best pop albums of all time. So 1989 got my vote. 

Also as a Taylor fan, I must say RED is a tad overrated. I'm glad 1989 won AOTY over it. I say this because RED has filler songs whether we like to admit it or not (I Almost Do, Stay Stay Stay, Sad Beautiful Tragic, The Lucky One, Girl at Home). These songs while nice are nowhere near songs like All Too Well, State of Grace, Title track, Begin Again, WANEGBT and IKYT.  I find myself skipping the songs I mentioned earlier quite often. 

Whereas 1989 all the songs are on the same level if that makes sense.

StrawberryBlond

Surprised that Red is the one pulling away, I thought this forum loved 1989.

Mine would have to be Reputation. And this is from someone who doesn't even like her music. It's her most mature album thus far and talked about relationships in a more adult way, most notably with Don't Blame Me. The theme of Reputation hardly fitted the actual overall message of the album, however. She sold it as if it was going to be an album all about revenge and being a badass but turned out that nearly all of it was about her new man and how amazing he is. A bit of a mixed message but it was cheering to hear her talk positively about a guy for a whole album. My second favourite is her debut which actually showed surprising maturity and talent considering she was only 16. I think that's why her subsequent albums never impressed me - she seemed to be regressing in maturity, not growing. An album about being a teenager was fine when she was an actual teenager but when she's nearing 30 and making songs like Shake It Off, This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things and Me!, I find it difficult to take this whole "gifted songwriter" accolade she keeps getting.

Glamourpuss
10 hours ago, Versace said:

I think I love 1989 and Reputation equally but acknowledge that 1989 is the better album and one of the best pop albums of all time. So 1989 got my vote. 

Also as a Taylor fan, I must say RED is a tad overrated. I'm glad 1989 won AOTY over it. I say this because RED has filler songs whether we like to admit it or not (I Almost Do, Stay Stay Stay, Sad Beautiful Tragic, The Lucky One, Girl at Home). These songs while nice are nowhere near songs like All Too Well, State of Grace, Title track, Begin Again, WANEGBT and IKYT.  I find myself skipping the songs I mentioned earlier quite often. 

Whereas 1989 all the songs are on the same level if that makes sense.

I have to disagree. I think neither of those songs are fillers. 

Archived