💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Predict Lover’s First Week Sales

duckworth

Featured Posts

duckworth

As we all know, the queen of pure sales (below the God of Pure Sales, Adele) is releasing her new album Lover this Friday. Looking at the first week sales of her past albums, she always crossed the 1M mark within the first week starting with Speak Now. Obviously the situation’s a lot different now and sales are down and streaming is up big time and sales have steeply declined since reputation (30% in year to date comparisons of 2017 and 2019). 

Rep sold over 700K in digital downloads in its first week, making up 58% of the first week sales. And HDD is predicting that Lover will only have 200-250K. I still think it will be close to reputation with at least 500K but experts have been saying otherwise.

Do you think Lover will be able to reach the same milestone reached by Taylor’s former albums? (At least in the US. Lover’s sales is China is already on a league of its own :messga:)

Discuss.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

HDD can be wrong at times. I know streaming is hurting a lot of artists (no more Target deals with physical copies, etc.) and I suspect Taylor will just miss a million, but her reputation is better than it was back when she released Reputation and her new track Lover is getting good reviews...so there is positive buzz right before the release date. I could easily see her selling at least 500k in digital downloads, as you guessed, and up to 800k. I think her total sales for the first week (streaming equivalent units, or whatever they are called included) will end up being just a bit under a million. Anyway, my guess is 950k but I could see it being as high as 1.1 million.

ferretti

in pure sales? I think she'll fall as little short, maybe around 850k. But overall, I bet she hits JUST over 1m SPS.

disco stick tester, inquire within

LilyLark
19 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

930k, but I hope she'll get the 1M 

I want her to get a 1m as a big eff you to Scooter. I still think she could have handled that mess better, but that man is so obnoxious and he's been pretty clearly trying to smear her in the press for the past month.

2 minutes ago, Monster7 said:

This, and around 350-400k in the rest of the world

Allegedly she has already sold over 350k albums in China in preorders 

Knew you'd make fun of me

Monster7
11 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Allegedly she has already sold over 350k albums in China in preorders 

I didn't know she sells that much in China:diane:

Well then I'm predicting 700k + 900k in the US. It could sell more in the first week worldwide than 1989 or Reputation

Archived