• The Fame (Monster)
    • Born This Way
    • ARTPOP
    • Cheek to Cheek
    • Joanne
    • A Star Is Born OST
    • LG6

Featured Posts

Inspired by the collection of recent threads spanning inquiries and/or opinions on past albums (best / worst / first spins, etc.) and the direction (dream sound / genre, format, etc.) of the next album … just for the sake of honest curiosity on the forum perspective: which album do you feel / think / consider Lady Gaga’s (yes, the hybrid of all both the Lady and the Gaga, that does withstand) signature work? (Including non-solo albums on this one because “Lady Gaga” is featured; including The Fame, The Fame Monster, and The Fame (Monster) as separate options in light of varied perspectives on the “album or EP” scenario; omitting Red and Blue, as Stefani Germanotta is the featured artist for said work.)

“Signature” as in: the most authentic, the most definitive, the most canon, the album that as a whole evokes her artistic / cultural / creative identity and impact most genuinely — in your honest opinion.

Not sure if this has been asked before, or if it’s already been posted, but if so — absolutely feel free to link.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is yet to be released. Unpopular opinion but I think she hasn't released a TRULY great album yet, although I have faith that it will come.

I think if executed much better ARTPOP could have been her opus magnus, has many influences, concepts, ideas, so Gaga

HoneyB

BTW is the most “Gaga” one imo

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897f1e3fec461e5fcf2fc

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Othon

Born This Way.

It's a collection of all of her eccentricities, her highs and her lows, her theatricality, her personal story, her willingness to experiment with different genres, and her propensity for social justice. A little messy, like she is, but that's endearing. Both my favorite work of hers so far and the album I think sums up her artistic MO most effectively. 

seashellplay

I think easily Born This Way. ARTPOP is the result of Lady Gaga being high virtually all of the time in 2012. I love the album, but it gets it's psychedelic effects from somewhere :ally:

however, I'm gonna be a quirky bitch and choose LG6

Delusional

The Fame Remixes

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

seashellplay

ARTPOP is such an intellectually stimulating album, a poetic celebration of noise conceptually. :lana:

Archived