Would Gaga have won?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would Gaga have won?

• Yes, for both
    • Yes but only for best pop album
    • Neither

Featured Posts

TheQueenEnthusiast

Do you think that if it weren't for Adele, Gaga would've won album of the year and/or best pop vocal album back in 2012?

The Nominees for best pop vocal album were

Born This Way - Lady Gaga 

21 - Adele

LOUD - Rihanna 

Doo-Wops and Hooligans - Bruno Mars

The Lady Killer - CeeLo Green

and for best album of the year it were the same contenders just with exclusion of CeeLo Green and the addition of Wasting Light - Foo Fighters

Now that I think of it, it if weren't for Adele, Gaga would have a lot of records including highest selling digital record ever and best selling era since the 2000s. Just want your opinions on it considering I love BTW so much and feel like the era should've gotten the same attention TF and TFM got.

Also throwback to this <3   

TheQueenEnthusiast

BTW era was still massive but the sheer social impact...unforgettable... we love that!

KatieJudasGaga4

She did win Best Pop Vocal Album in 2011. I think you are thinking about the 2012 Grammys where Born This Way lost all of its categories to Adele

TheQueenEnthusiast
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

She did win Best Pop Vocal Album in 2011. I think you are thinking about the 2012 Grammys where Born This Way lost all of its categories to Adele

ugh you're right, the way the grammy's work and the years kind of screw me over. BTW came out in 2011... yeah. I fixed the mistake though ty <3 

TheQueenEnthusiast
1 minute ago, Alan123 said:

If if weren’t Adele I think Bruno would’ve won that Grammy. 

basketball wives ugh GIF by VH1

Quartz

Looking back, all those voters who picked Adele must be feeling like clowns right now :ohwell:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

zakariah

hmm, idk, BTW was quite a controversial album, because of how outspoken she was about LGBTQ+ rights with the album, which at that time was still 'taboo' to a lot of people, especially the recording academy, seeing as though they didn't even nominate it for any awards even though it was like one of the biggest hits of 2011.

like they literally nominated weird al yankovic's parody of BTW's music video  INSTEAD of the actual BTW music video which was obviously more superior, that's how pressed they were about it

KANEGAGA

I still would LOVE to hear how BTW would sound if it were actually recorded by the late Whitney Houston.

TheQueenEnthusiast
57 minutes ago, KANEGAGA said:

I still would LOVE to hear how BTW would sound if it were actually recorded by the late Whitney Houston.

ugh Fashion of His Love ): the Whitney Vibes 

Inferno
15 hours ago, Alan123 said:

If if weren’t Adele I think Bruno would’ve won that Grammy. 

Personally think Bruno would have won one and Gaga the other. Adele not existing would've split the wins.

God, whenever I think about the submissions I get so mad.

TEOG and BTW not being submitted for anything? Tragic. TRAGIC. God.

3 points in and ready for more

Doncho

Looking back at it... I must say no. I love BTW with all my heart but its also where she started to fall (in the eyes of the public). I think Best Pop Album would be her best shot.

I remember when I watched it live and I was so hyped because I wanted her to win so bad :messga: It was probably the saddest award show to be a fan, along with Oscars 2016

Inferno
15 minutes ago, Miel said:

God, whenever I think about the submissions I get so mad.

TEOG and BTW not being submitted for anything? Tragic. TRAGIC. God.

Why did her team not submit them though?

JustJames

Wait- she seriously didn’t submit BTW or EOG? It’s so strange seeing You And I as the sole representation. I honestly think LG has been screwed out of so many accolades; how common is it for someone to win both categories? BTW was a commercial success and cultural changing point. The era lasted a year and its singles and songs were diverse yet cohesive. It should’ve won AOTY, and Adele Pop Vocal Album; BTW should’ve been nominated and perhaps snagged SOTY and EOG should’ve been at the top of ROTY and maybe a Rock nomination? 

Would MTN or BTW qualify for any Dance awards? 

Archived